“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Horsham
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Would defitely recommend this hotel! The rooms are huge - sitting area, full kitchen, king bed. Very clean and all the staff is top notch. Large selection at breakfast everyday. Really enjoyed the reception 3 nights out of the week from 6-730. Wine, beer and food...not 5 star dining but perfect for me!!! Bed was very comfortable and couldn't have asked for friendlier staff.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
GMWillowGrove, General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Laura B.,

Thank you so much for your very nice comments concerning your recent visit to Willow Grove. It is always nice to see that our efforts to bring our guests the very best in cleanliness and hospitality are noticed.

We certainly appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.

General MAnager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Stratford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

PROS: You feel like you're staying in your own, personal condo...and that's how they're set up to feel! I know there are different types of rooms, ours was a king studio. It comes with a full fridge w/ ice maker, microwave, stove top for cooking and cabinets full of dishes, silverware, cookware, utensils. Even a dish washer! There was a small table and two chairs in the kitchen area. The living area had a sofa bed, a chair and a fireplace (not that we used it). The tv swivels to face the bed or the couch.
The bed was radical. Totally, dude.
Everything was clean. To get all this for under $100 is pretty impressive.

CONS: You're about a 35 min drive (traffic pending) from Philly, in case you literally wanted to roll out of bed and into downtown. We didn't mind the drive, especially since anything inside Philly will most likely have a cray cray additional fee for parking. If you seek such a luxury of location, you can probably rent out a pot hole in the north end for the same price. They sleep 2 comfortably.

TIP: Bring some extra moisturizer if you're from out of town and have sensitive skin. This entire area of PA has hard water. It's pretty unavoidable anywhere, from what I understand.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
GMWillowGrove, General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments about our property. As you noted, all of our Studio Suites come with a full kitchen and is larger than a standard hotel room. I also appreciate your comment regarding the cleanliness of you room as our Housekeeping team takes great pride in insuring the complete cleanliness of our rooms.

In regards to your comment regarding distance from Downtown Philadelphia, we are roughly a 30 minute drive into town. However, as an alternative to driving, many of our guests utilize the Septa Regional Rail Line to go into town. The Willow Grove Train Station is two miles from our hotel and the downtown Market East Station is within two blocks of all the historical sights such as Independence Hall and the Constitution Center.

We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have been a fan of the Marriott Brand since I was a child. I am now 24, I have stayed at marriott hotels all over the world. I have stayed at this location about 4 times. I have never had a problem before. I stayed on Halloween. My boyfriend and I wanted a little romantic get away for the night. I requested a high floor, but recieved a ground room. I checked in at 6 left the hotel and returned around 10. The room was clean from what I first observed. The room over top of me was very noisy I called the front desk twice, yet the noise continues to about 5 am. When I woke to use the shower. I noticed that the knob was broke and stuck on the Hot water. I then went to use a wash cloth and 2 out of the 3 we flithy. At this point I was very upset but chose to wait a hour until check to personally report the issue in person. As we were leaving the room I put away the pull out couch. When I went to put the cushion back I noticed a dryed dark stain. That was my last straw. The cushion was originally flipped over. I wasn't sure if it was bodly fluids, blood, ect, but it was disgusting. When I checked out I politely inform the front desk agent about my stay and all the things wrong with the room. She apoligized and told me to wait while her housekeeper checked the room out so we could recieve our security deposit. The house keeper called back about the stain. She then informed the housekeeper that it was their when we checked in. The manager then went to the room to investigate for himself. He returned saying his house keeper said the stain was not there. I politely explained to to him that wasnt the only problem with the room and that we did not create the stain. We bought the stain to there attention. He then got very nasty. He told me he would return the security deposit but not to return back. I was very shocked and appalled. I told him I have never been talk to in that manner and never endured anything like that. I explained to him that my mother has worked for the Marriott for years. I then asked him for his district manager and customer relations number. He then told me he was the GM and wasnt giving me anything and to ask my mother. This was absolutely the worst stay of my life.

• Stayed October 2013
GMWillowGrove, General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Devmilan,

I am very sorry that you felt that your stay at our hotel was not up to the standards you can expect from Residence Inn by Marriott.

I would be remiss, however, if I did not mention that my recollection of your check out process and the incident you describe is much different than your account of the facts. My housekeeping team and I work diligently to ensure that all areas of our hotel and its guest rooms are thoroughly cleaned before and after each guest stay and we have an extensive list of items that must be completed before a guest room can be marked ready for guest use.

There are also several other discrepencies in the review that I would like to discuss directly so that we can work towards a suitable resolution. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience. I can be reached at 215-443-7330.

Al Jaskel, General Manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was extremely tired on a cold Spring night. Driving from Philadelphia to Willow Grove was a bit of a stretch due to the weather. But I was very pleased when I got to the hotel. The front desk staff was very professional and obviously expected my arrival because everything was prepared when I got to the desk.

With no elevators (like I believe many of the original Residence Inns and Towne Place Suites do not have) I was happy my room was on the first floor. Even though it was adjacent to the walking path and other public areas the room was quiet and cozy. I was out fairly early in the morning so I did not get to spend much time at the property but for an overnight stay this was perfect and consistent with the Marriott offering.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMWillowGrove, Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments concerning your visit to our hotel. We take great pride in delivering outstanding service to our guests as well as insuring our hotel is current with the standards of Residence Inn by Marriott.

I appreciate you taking the time to write.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel 2 times and really liked it. Found the staff to be friendly, rooms clean and great location for our needs. We always stay at a Marriott famiy hotel. The hotel advertises "pet friendly" I take issue with this because of the fee they charge. $150.00 non-refundable plus $5.00 charge for something else. That is NOT pet friendly. That tells people that they would NOT like your pet there. I am sure there are many irresponsible pet owners who do not take care in hotels with their pets but I have to believe that the majority of people are not that way. We travel with our little dog everywhere and have never encountered a $150.00 pet fee. The most we have paid is $75.00. We unfortunately had to go down the street to the Candlewood Suites who charge a $15.00 pet fee. (they can call themselves "pet friendly") I won't be able to stay at this Residence Inn anymore and that is a shame.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write and express your feelings about our pet policy.

We have established the $150 fee to cover the costs of the extensive cleaning that is completed each time a pet is in one of our guestrooms. While we welcome pets in our hotel, this cleaning is needed as the majority of our guests do not bring pets and it is our desire to insure every guest leaves fully satisfied in the overall cleanliness of our sleeping rooms.

Once again, thank you for writing and we appreciate your feedback.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We searched high and low for accommodations where we would feel as comfortable as possible after our home was severely damaged by Hurricane Sandy in late October, 2012. We knew we were in for an extended stay somewhere, and we opted for the Residence Inn in Willow Grove, PA about a 15 minute car ride from our home. We've been at the Inn for 9 months, and we thank our lucky stars daily that we found such an accommodating place during our difficult time. The staff is superb, from management to front desk to food and dining service to housekeeping. They're pleasant, accommodating, welcoming, flexible, and clearly well trained as professional hosts. It's easy to strike up friendships with each, and in 9 months there hasn't been a single instance where we've been met by rudeness or lack of attention to our needs. Everyone has simply been great and has contributed to easing the hardships we've experienced over the past year.

Beyond this and because of our situation, our family members have been equally welcomed when they visit. In fact, everyone on staff goes out of their way to make them feel at home as well.

The accommodations are excellent. We live in a 2-bedroom suite with 2 baths, a kitchen, and living room. It's certainly not "home," but we couldn't ask for anything more accommodating to our needs than we have here. Plus, the grounds are superbly maintained so that there's a country feel of winding paths, fine plantings, and an excellent pool and outside area for grilling or just plain entertaining.

The location is also excellent, with very easy reach to shopping centers, restaurants, and major thoroughfares. The PA turnpike, for instance, is a few minutes by car.

Both my wife and I strongly recommend the Inn for short or long term stays. We're seasoned travelers, so our frame of reference for this glowing recommendation is not without prior knowledge of other places for extended or short term stays.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Dec M,

It truly was a pleasure having you here as our guest the past year. Your family became our family during your stay and we miss seeing you each day.

Your very gracious comments concerning are hotel are very much appreciated. Our whole staff wishes your family the best of luck in your new house and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

we were in town for an unexpected extra night and the residence inn was the most affordable option with vacancies. we checked in very late and were greeted with a friendly front desk attendant. check in was smooth and easy.
it's a condo style property with beautiful grounds. we were so impressed when we stepped foot inside the room. super spacious, roomy and immaculate. we loved the décor. we had a very comfortable stay and wish we could have stayed another night.
we probably will not stay again any time soon as we've gotten used to staying at another nice area hotel that's more in line with our budget. but if we ever are feeling fancy and want to step it up a bit, we'll be back at the residence inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove? Share your experiences!