“Good surburban Philly alternative” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Horsham
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good surburban Philly alternative”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

When the prices are too high in Philadelphia, or when you need something for business in this area, this hotel is a good alternative. Like the other Town Place Suites I have stayed in this year, this one can use some upgrading and modernization to catch up with what Marriott is doing with Courtyard and SpringHill Suites, etc.

But the bed was comfortable, the room clean, very quiet, and the feeling of your own property with the full amenities of kitchen and appliances.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
horshamgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you so much for writing a nice review about our hotel. We always love hearing from our guests and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive.
We work to improve our hotel every day and we are working to ensure that our hotel is updated regularly. Thank you for your kind words and for allowing us an opportunity to serve you while you were in the area. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Mollie Fisher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Located about 15-20 miles north of Philly, great suburb area. Plentiful of restaurants and shopping within 5-10 miles. I stayed in a studio room with full kitchen, desk and sleeping area in one. Very comfortable for one person. All areas of the hotel were clean. The wifi did not work well but the rooms had a wire at the desk that you are able to connect through. The gym is pretty much non existent, a treadmill and old stepper/elliptical. They do offer access to the gym a few miles away which was very large and nice. I inquired to the front desk staff if there was an LA Fitness gym nearby to which they replied no, but there was one only 5 miles away. Front desk staff also was unaware of the community advertisements/social gatherings the manager had posted on their chalkboard-thought that was kind of odd.
Small breakfast area-they offer coffee, muffins, bagels, fruit, yogurt and cereal. For some reason, the running water/shower was extremely loud from upstairs in my hotel room. Windows were able to be opened for fresh air. Pool was small and in a shaded area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
horshamgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate all feedback and use it to continually improve out hotel. I am sorry that the front desk did not have the information you were looking for. We have addressed the issue with them and we can ensure this issue will not occur again.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here recently for 2 nights during my son's hockey tournament. The rooms are nice and spacious. The bath tub drain was not draining properly but everything else was in working order. I can't say enough nice things about the staff. They were all so nice and helpful even with a hockey team full of teenage boys running around. The breakfast was your normal continental breakfast with cereal, muffins, bagels, etc and they made sure it was always full. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
horshamgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice review of our hotel. It is good to hear that we were able to provide such a great experience for you. We have corrected the issue with the tub and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Horsham. Again, thank you for taking the time to write such nice things.
Davenport, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Room was cleaner overall upon entering. The rooms are are functional everything was working but showing age. Service during stay was fine but one of the 3 days I had to call since it was 3:30 and no one had made up the room. Still stingy with ameneties, I had to ask the second day for more shampoo and conditioner so that I wasn't left without any on my last morning. Breakfast was mediocre but adequate. I saw that they complimented their orange juice supply when they ran out of small bottles by providing half-gallons. They had the instant oatmeal and some fresh fruit, muffins, Attendent in breakfast room actually had cloths to wipe the tables and did so after all of them were dirty which means I sat at a table that was dirty.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
horshamgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate all feedback. I am happy to hear we are improved since your last visit and I hope we continue to improve every time you return. I have addressed your concerns about breakfast and housekeeping with the staff and the appropriate action has been taken. I hope you will return soon and give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Again, thank you for your kind words and for your helpful feedback.

Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I am all about service when I stay at a hotel or eat at a restaurant and I can tell you that this hotel at top notch service. They were BEYOND friendly, the total extra mile.

We came in at 8 a.m. after traveling for four hours so we were exhausted. We asked if we could check in and the man behind the desk (wish I had his name) didn't even blink an eye. Immediately went and found us a room and we were in ten minutes later. I usually have hotels telling me "Oh you have to wait" instead of being so accommodating but not here!

The room was clean, the maid staff was willing to supply us with anything we needed, even if we were just walking down the hall and saw the cart and wanted a towel. The pool was clean and open whenever we wanted to use it. Again, they weren't nasty about using the pool during "non-designated" hours.

Also - we went to breakfast one day a bit late and the women cleaning up were giving us items instead of telling us to leave. They had no problem with helping us out, even though it was after the designated breakfast time.

They had cute little picnic tables we could sit at and enjoy each other's company (we were in for a wedding so we had family). The rooms also had a full sized fridge which was very nice.

If I am ever in the area again, this is where I will stay. Hands down a pleasure to work with. I am not sure we have one of these hotels around us but if we do, I would stay with them again.

Whoever was working the front desk early on July 19th, you were amazing and you deserve a raise : )

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
horshamgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such nice things about our hotel. We are so glad that you were able to enjoy your time here so much. Albert is a star at our hotel and I am happy to hear that he took such great care of you and your family while you were here. Again, thank you for your great review. I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Horsham.

Brasilia, DF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Simple hotel but It has all you need on a vacation. It has a full Kitchen, with microwave, fridge, full utensils, good breakfast, big room with a confortavel bed and is on a very quiet area. Would certenly came back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
horshamgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you were happy with your experience. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Horsham!
Greenbelt, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My family had several problems with our room but, due to the hotel being completely booked we could not change rooms. Our tv died and could not be fixed, the compressor in the refridgerator was bad and thumped loudly all night long and when we tried to take showers in the morning we were welcomed with rusty water. Even with this the staff was very friendly and apologetic and refunded us for our stay. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable though, the decor of the hotel and rooms could use some refreshing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
horshamgm, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am so sorry that you experienced some inconvenience while you were here due to the TV and water issues. I assure you that we have corrected all of the issues. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. We are glad that they were able to make your experience here better. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you in the future.
Mollie Fisher

Been to TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham? Share your experiences!