“It doesn't get any better than this! Can't beet it with a stick!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Schrute Farms to your Saves list
Schrute Farms
Main Street, Honesdale, PA 12345   |
Charleston, SC
“It doesn't get any better than this! Can't beet it with a stick!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

This place was absolutely fabulous! The food consisted of beet salad, beet ice cream, and for breakfast we even had some beet juice and beet waffles. We were forced to do chores though and that's not really what I call a vacation. However, we did get a nice variety of beets to take home with us! I just hope that our dentist can get these red stains off of our teeth.

I stayed there overnight while in Scranton for a job interview at some paper company. The boss of the paper company seemed kind of silly. The owner of Schrute Farms seemed even weirder. Must be something about the water there....?

In the mornings we woke up to the sound of some guy named Andy that was outside our window serenading us. What a way to wake up!

It advertises that there's a swimming, but unless you consider that pond with alligators in it a pool - there's no pool.

If going to the Scranton area - definitely make a stop in Honesdale at Schrute Farm!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Lowell, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

We had narrowed our vacation choices down between a beet farm in PA or a rutabaga/turnip farm in the Virginia's. When we asked the owner of each B & B why we should come to their establish, Dwight Schrute answered, "We would love for you to come and be our special guest and it would sadden us if you went elsewhere....FALSE! Go ahead and try getting sugar from a turnip!!!" That seemingly unconnected statement displays the passion of the management. We are totally sold us on Schrute Farms. We will be back again when the kids are old enough to shoe the horses....

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

We stayed to get away from work, yet the owner all but forced us to help out with the farm chores. This wouldn't have been so bad, if there had been a spa with a masseuse. There wasn't.

Finally, the owner has as much charm as the warden in the Maine State Prison that was depicted in the movie, "The Shawshank Redemption."

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
A'veen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

Dwight your the man!!!

"Although I love this company more than almost anything in the world, I have decided to step down from my post and spend more time with my family. I do not fear the unknown. I will meet my new challenges head-on, and I will succeed, and I will laugh in the faces of those who doubt me. It's been a pleasure working with some of you, and I will not forget those of you soon. But remember, while today it is me, we all shall fall. In other words, I'm quitting."

Dwight K. Schrute

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

Mose taught me under water basket weaving. I slept among the beets, as my room of choice, the irrigation room, was sadly booked. I communicated with the beets and now have been accepted as one of them (the beets, not the Shrutes). They appreciated the be time story, complementary. I offered my urban black bear assault defensive tactics course in exchange for the nightly fee, which was gladly accepted. I now offer bi monthly seminars for those concerned enough to protect their family at Shrute Farms. You will not find a better beet and it is futile to look. Howvever, idiots will perserve in their ninnie ways. Go ahead. Look you potpourri monger twits.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

I found the owners, Dwight and Mose Schrute to be engaging and interesting--engaging in that Mose likes to peer in your windows at night and might just sit outside your door all night, and interesting in that Dwight thinks this is normal and counts this as a security measure to keep yours as well as his assets safe.

The rooms were very clean as one can only assume boiling sheets before drying them on a line and putting them on the bed can only be considered very sanitary and eco friendly. In addition, Mose will compulsively clean your room if you promise to let him follow you around the premises and watch you eat.

The value of Schrute Farms may be lost to those who need to be "linked" as there is no signal that you will catch at any time other than the one that Dwight's homemade alien communicator in the far corner of the clearing in the back of the Farm is the only signal avaialable.

The service is fairly good considering that if you hear something howling at night, Dwight will leave his bed and the howling will subside from outside--abruptly, and he will have a pelt shipped to you at a minimal cost within a month. Also, when Mose wants to share the "family secret" of manure and other organic material with you, he will also get you a clean towel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

its a fantastic little farm. the farmer and his companion seemed very sweet. the place was clean for the most part, aside from the random cow paddy here or there....in the house.?? Service was prompt and fun. The farm is a tad hard to find though. the map with hand written directions was a bit hard to read, especially since I was alone.The rates were reasonable. Rooms were eclectic and had that "havent changed in years" vibe. I slept most the night ....but I did wake suddenly to mose chasing a cow outside in the middle of the night with a pumpkin on his head...all and all it was nice...but a better halloween attraction....: )

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Been to Schrute Farms? Share your experiences!