“Great” 5 of 5 stars

Main Street, Honesdale, PA 12345   |
Seattle, Washington
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

This was a good place to stay especially if you want to make your own beet wine to drink after a dinner of beet salad and beets. Beet Pancakes are not what you expect, but overall, Schrute Farms was a good bed and breakfast to stay at.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Tricia O, Manager at Schrute Farms, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for joining us at Schrute Farms. We pride ourselves on our award winning Beet wine and hope you can pass along your experience with us to friends and family.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

What a perfect stay at Schrute Farms we had! The table making demonstration was invigorating and the delicate moans and cries at night were soothing. However, I do wish they had larger mattresses, as the non-traditional twin size ones in the Nighttime room were a little smaller than we're used to. They cater to the elderly though, so that was helpful. I'll miss their delicious beets and manure fights with Mose!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Tricia O, Manager at Schrute Farms, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are planning on making the manure fights an annual event so join us again to take part in our new tradition
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I decided to spend my Christmas holidays at Schrute farms and I booked my stay through Expedia. They have rooms with a lake view and I decided to book that type of room, but when I arrived there the receptionist said that unfortunately the only room available was being refurbished and he gave me a standard room instead. I was so disappointed but there was nowhere to go as the guest houses in the area were all fully booked! I will never go back to this place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Tricia O, Manager at Schrute Farms, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
We here at Schrute Farms take your concerns very seriously and your feedback will be passed on.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

This place is the best. I can't wait to go back. Wahoo! It was an amazing amazing time and I would highly recommend it to everyone I know.

You should definitely definitely definitely spend some time here!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve_taoam, Public Relations Manager at Schrute Farms, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Hello Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time to submit such wonderful review. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We definitely make it our mission to exceed our guest's expectations. We hope that you can visit us again soon.

Steve
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I've stayed here a few times over the past couple weeks and really fell in love the atmosphere and constant supply of beets and Mose. Waking up to Mose staring at me is truly something that I will never forget.

I would highly recommend this place to anybody interested in learning about beet farms and/or love Mose.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Grimsby, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Quaint Tuscan farmhouse, stayed in the irrigation room and it was a delight. Great hosts and also accommodated to out German aunt who traveled with us. It was also 100% wireless which was a great extra. The table making demonstration made us want to make our own tables. overall a brilliant stay would recommend 10/10.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tenafly, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I was very impressed the accomodations and ambiance of this place. When we arrived we went through a delousing procedure, in which we were hosed down. Shortly afterwards they rubbed an organic natural pesticide that smelled of beets to make sure that no guest would bring bed bugs into the world class resort, as the owner Dwight told us Schrute farms is famous for their legendary beds that are passed down from genration to generation, and that his great grandfather and his favorite horse actually passed away on the bed I was to use. We were served breakfast in a barn by wait staff he called Beetnicks. My meal was a variety of beets. I went on the land cruise shortly afterwards, which was a ride on some form of a large tractor while they served us Beet wine although it was much stronger than wine I think it was distilled, they also used it as fuel for the tractor. My ride back to the airport was the finishing touch a man named Moses dragged me home in a rickshaw because the horse they usually use was pregnant. A women named Angela came along for the journey because 12 of her cats needed to go to the vet on the way, they were all friendly however so it was really not an issue. If you have any doubts about this place you should erase them from memory, it is a unique place with it's own culture and customs that cant be beat, I shed a tear when I left.

Room Tip: Pick the room next to the stable, the chickens are a wonderful alrm clock because you dont want to m...