“Best down home vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Main Street, Honesdale, PA 12345   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Tampa, Florida
“Best down home vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Me, the wife and our two boys went to Schrute Farms for an early summer vacation. The folks at Schrute Farms couldn't be any nicer and were so helpful. The boys, aged 6 + 8 were bored with the whole beet thing, so Molly Schrute took them on a woodland walk with a few of the other children. She gave them each a little box camera and let them take pictures of anything they wanted. The boys haven't stopped talking about the fun they had with Molly. She's been dubbed their new Aunt Molly.
As for me and the wife, we had some special times there ourselves.We learned all about making beet beer, beet soap and beet bubble bath! Beets! Whodathunkit?

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Relative at Schrute Farms, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Tony,
Thanks for the kind words. Molly really enjoyed spending time with your boys and the other children. She likes helping the little ones find their interests in the outdoors and a camera is a good way to start. I think you've got some junior photographers there.
Alfred

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Boise, ID
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Can't wait to return to Schrute Farms! I long for the gentle beet-scented breezes and the feeling of luxurious gardening soil beneath my feet in their well-appointed rooms. If you are an agrotourism aficionado like myself, you'll be hard-pressed to find a better spot to stay anywhere in the world.

Room Tip: Try to stay in a few different rooms to really appreciate the magic!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a cozy overnight stay at Schrute Farms, despite the 90 degree heat this past weekend and the lack of air conditioning in the historic inn. We were feeling a bit disheveled when we arrived, but a staff member, Mos, hand-pumped a cool bath for us in an antique sheep feeder. We enjoyed a lovely dinner of roasted lamb with scallions and sun-dried beets. After dinner the owner, Mr. Schrute, took us for a ride in his air-conditioned classic Firebird, accompanied by the sweet strains of the classic hair metal bands Motley Crue. We stayed in the America-themed room, and the cool breeze from the open window lulled us to sleep. Although we were awakened a bit early for our liking by strange metallic thuds coming from the direction of the barn, the continental breakfast was fresh and filling. The beet juice and assortment of Amish jams were nice touches.

Room Tip: The America suite is a nice choice for a patriotic weekend!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

My boyfriend said he had a surprise vacation weekend for me. I never would have guessed it would be at a beet farm. A BEET FARM? Are you serious? It was dirty, smelly, no room service. And do you know how hard it is to get beet juice out of white linen slacks?

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

It has a lot of great features, I especially like Bear trivia night.

very cozy, polite staff. If you need a local tour, Mos is likely your best choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the night howling
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Woburn, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

My family went to Schrute for a long weekend and we all had a blast! it was me, mom, dad, sis Cindy and brother Dave. (I'm Eli.) Mom was talking to one of the ladies at our church abuot something cheap and fun to do on a long weekend and she said this was would be fun for us. She was right. Dad lost his job last year so we can't be staying anyplace fancy. We packed up our trailer on dad's truck and headed down Pencilvaner last week. Dad packed my sitdown lawnmower and I helped them do someyard work, too. Everyone wanted to rty my bike. You got to go there! This place was FUN! lok at my pictures. Oh it was a long drive.

Room Tip: We used our trailer and didn't get to sleep inside.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Wellsboro, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

My wife surprised me with the best 40th birthday ever! She booked us a stay at the world famous Schrute Farms!
Initially, I thought she had panned a little getaway to the Potter County Grand Canyon, and she surprised me with this trip.

We were having dinner at the Wellsboro Diner in downtown Wellboro, Pa, and she said she wanted to make a little detour.

She wouldn't tell me what it was, only that it would make my special day all the more special. And she was right. When we

arrived at Schrute Farms, we went to check it, and they presented me with the most spectacular borthday cake ever! EVER!

It was a double case of Pabst Blue Ribbon with 40 survival candles on the top! HOW SPECIAL IS THAT, HUH? Ya gotta love

my wife and the folks at Schrute Farms.
A niced added bonus was they let me drive the tractor to till the harvested beet fields way up in back. One word:

AWESOME!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Schrute Farms? Share your experiences!