I booked a jacuzzi room over a month in advance only to receive a phone call the day of our stay, saying the jacuzzi was broken and would take all day to repair. I was offered a room with two queen beds, at a supposed discount, which was an insult. I protested angrily and asked to speak to the manager, but was told one would not be in until Monday. (Really, no manager on duty all weekend?) I suspected I was being bumped by another guest and said so, which the woman denied. Not even 15 minutes later, I received another call from a different woman at the hotel (the front desk supervisor) who told me the jacuzzi had been fixed and I could have the room after all. At check-in, she offered us two free items from the market so we selected two bottles of Yeungling, which weren't very cold. One word describes the whole thing - fishy!
After all that, the room could have been nicer. Our lock was difficult to use, requiring several attempts to open each time. The room was vacuumed carelessly, there was a big red stain on the carpet, and there were toothpaste spatters on the bathroom wall. All in all, not what I'd expect from a Courtyard. The final insult - both of the regular coffee urns were empty when we attempted to get coffee, even though the man at the front desk didn't look busy at all.
I couldn't recommend this place. They don't seem to be trying very hard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A perfectly situated Pittsburgh West Homestead hotel in Pittsburgh's premiere shopping and entertainment complex, the Courtyard Pittsburgh Waterfront hotel provides guests with all of the luxuries you come to expect from a Marriott hotel. The Courtyard Pittsburgh Waterfront is comprised of thoughtfully appointed guest rooms that offer you a perfect place to work, relax, and recharge. Our guests enjoy our fresh, plush bedding, modern and flexible spaces and well lit work space with free Wi-Fi at this Pittsburgh Waterfront hotel. Begin your day in the Courtyard Cafe and enjoy a full selection on the hot buffet breakfast or menu choices. Relax in the indoor pool and whirlpool or enjoy a cocktail on our outdoor patio with a dramatic view of one of the famous "Three Rivers". Convenient among Pittsburgh Waterfront hotels, we are close to many area businesses and attractions including Kennywood and Sandcastle Water Park. We invite you to experience the Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead when in Pittsburgh! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront Hotel Homestead
- Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead
- Courtyard Homestead
- Homestead Courtyard
- Homestead Marriott