You added Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Homestead
Westernport, Maryland
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Waterfront property on the night of February 9th. Check in was a breeze. We arrived just before 3 P.M. and the nice young lady at the front desk checked us in efficiently and chatted with us briefly before we made our way to our room.

THE ROOM: The room was well appointed and clean. VERY CLEAN!! The room was on the 4th floor and we also found it to be very quiet. The bathroom was a nice size and clean as well.

THE STAFF: All of our interactions with the staff were great. They were very friendly and willing to engage you in converstation and help out. Chatting with locals is a great way to learn rthe good and the bad about the area you are staying in. We enjoyed our interactions with the staff very much. Genuine friendliness.

Overall this is a great place to stay in the Pittsburgh area. The Waterfront has a lot of neat things to see and do. If you are visiting the Pittsburgh area, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
1Riot1Trooper,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your experience with us at Courtyard Waterfront. We're glad you and your wife enjoyed your visit and had a nice, comfortable stay. It's great for me to hear that our staff reached out to you in a personal way and made you feel welcomed. You're right about the benefits of chatting with locals! We appreciate your high recommendation for future travelers and great comments. Should your travels bring you back to our area, please stop and visit us again. Safe travels.
Beth Neuschwander, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Our family stayed at this hotel in early January. It's a newer property in a revitalized area of Pittsburgh. The hotel sits steps away from the Waterfront shopping/entertainment complex and is only a short drive from downtown Pittsburgh. Pros: Check-in was a quick and pleasant process. The lobby is cozy - there was a fire burning in the sitting area each evening we were there. Complimentary coffee/tea/hot chocolate was available all day. The kids used the pool which was just down the hall from the lobby. The rooms were clean; the beds comfortable. The room offered a lot of lighting options, which I love. I only wish, like with all hotels, the bathroom lighting was brighter. Wireless internet is free. There was a mini fridge under a small counter area which held the coffee maker. The bathroom was rather spacious for a standard guest room. Cons: The walls are thin. We could hear the TV and voices from our next-door neighbors. The ironing board cover was in urgent need of cleaning/replacement. It appeared to be very dirty. I had to place a towel over it before I would put my clothes on it. Overall, these were minor inconveniences and would not prevent me from staying here again. We have stayed in several Pittsburgh-area hotels in the past. Given the price we paid for the room, the convenient location, and our experience at this hotel, we will certainly be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
barbos111,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your experience with us at Courtyard. We're delighted to have had you and your family stay with us, and we're glad you all had a great visit. I'm glad you liked our spacious rooms, pool, and relaxing lobby. I apologize for the ironing board cover and appreciate you bringing this to my attention. We hope to see you all back again for another exceptional visit. Thanks again.
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We did not stay overnight, but instead got a room to enjoy the indoor pool on a cold winter day, and to dine nearby. The pool temperature was comfortable and the surrounding area was clean. The adjacent gym was kept several degrees cooler (a good thing). It was well maintained and had complimentary sanitation hand gel and towels. The overall hotel is well designed and attractive with a comfortable common area and an outdoor fire pit that overlooks the river. The rooms are clean, and the staff is professional and friendly. As per the other posts, I did not see any stink bugs. However, as a native to the area, it wouldn't have freaked me out. Unfortunately stink bugs are a part of life around here and not a reflection of hotel maintenance. Instead of calling the front desk in a panic, I recommend guests take a bit of bathroom tissue to remove the bugs and flush them. Done.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
KMG30,
Thank you for your review. It's a pleasure hearing from you and learning about your special day at Courtyard. I'm glad you enjoyed our pool and other amenities during your visit. I'm also glad to know that you liked our friendly staff and found them professional. Your comments about the stink bugs were funny and true. Thanks again. We hope you'll return for another great experience at Courtyard.
Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We arrived on December 4, 2012, shortly after 3:00PM. We checked in and left to eat dinner, and go to the Kenny Loggins concert. Upon our return, a friend who had a room on the 2nd floor found a stink bug crawling up the curtains. The staff immediately sent somone to vacuum the entire window area. We then, with our 8 yr.old went to our 3rd floor room. We found one crawling on the curtains, and one on the chair. I spoke with the staff, and someone checked out a different room on the 3rd floor, and told us that we could change rooms, and that our breakfast
would be complimentary. We went to the new room, right after it was checked and found 3 more stink bugs crawling around the window area. We requested transferring to a different Marriot, and were told it wasn't a possiblity. I told the person at the desk, that I would not be able to sleep and my child was frightened too. My husband requested a refund, which the staff immediately processed with an apology. Our friend who was on the second floor, and who was traveling with us, was given the same consideration. On our way out of the hotel I noticed a stink bug crawling on the interior corrider wall, which indicated that those bugs don't just stay near the windows. By the time we managed all of the changes, I realized that it would be best to just drive back home to Buffalo. I decided to research stink bugs, and discovered that they are difficult to get rid of. They are resistant to exterminating, and must be vacuumed up. That poses a real problem for a hotel; first you have to see them to get them, and they tend to hide..
It was truly unfortunate, since the hotel is lovely, and the staff very nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Judy Z,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased you chose to stay with us at Courtyard. I apologize for the stink bugs. We vacuum them up as soon as they are seen so it is unfortunate to hear of your discoveries. I'm glad our staff was able to accommodate you but sorry you didn't stay the night with us. If another concert outing or family retreat is planned for our area, we hope you and your family will visit us again.
Ebensburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

While the staff was great, the stink bugs were not!

After checking into the hotel, we arrived to our room, to find a stink bug on the curtain. We removed it, and another one appeared! We left for a few hours, and when we returned the same thing happened. We found a total of 6.... one was behind the matress w/ dirt and hair.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Amanda G,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business, and we're glad you chose to stay with us at Courtyard. I apologize for the stink bugs. They are pesky this time of year. I'll make sure to alert our housekeeping and maintenance staff of your comments. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. We would love to have you back to our hotel for a more positive experience, so please consider this a minor issue with seasonal bugs and visit us again. We look forward to serving you.
Toronto, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed here for one night. I thought it was a great location, about 15 minutes from downtown, and close to all the ammenities a traveler could want (restaurants, cafes, shoppes etc.). Yes, you can hear the trains (and the night we stayed we heard some sirens a few times) but it didn't bother me and I slept through the night. In fact, I had a great night's rest (mattress and pillows were perfect!). We stayed in a streetside room (not riverside) and I found the room to be large and clean. The staff was friendly, the front desk staff was quick and efficient and whenever we passed an employee in the hallway they smiled and greeted us. I would recommend this hotel to others, unless you're a really light sleeper (in which case you may not be able to get over the trains). We stayed on a Sunday night so I'm not sure if there were more trains than usual (and still haven't figured out what those sirens were). I thought it was good value for the money.

Room Tip: Perhaps riverside rooms would be better due to train noise (Just guessing here since I had a streets...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Canadian_Nomad_123,
Thank you for writing a review. We're glad to hear of your pleasant stay with us at Courtyard, and we're pleased to know that you enjoyed our friendly staff. I'm glad the trains weren't a bother to you and you slept soundly. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated, and we hope other viewers will benefit from them. We welcome you to come and stay with us again soon.
Bear Creek Twp., PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed at the Courtyard 11/2 to 11/4. There are many things to do with the family in short driving distance from this hotel (I.e., Movies, Inclines, Carnigie Science Center, Kids Museum, Zoo, etc.). We had a great time with the kidsa, and they also enjoyed the indoor pool. Would visit here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the River side.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
savakirc,
Thank you for writing a review. We're glad to hear that you and your family had a nice stay with us at Courtyard. It's great to know that your family enjoyed many of the things to do around us as you mentioned, and had a good time together. We hope you will visit us again the next time you visit Pittsburgh.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront? Share your experiences!