“No complaints” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
London, England, United Kingdom
“No complaints”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have travelled all over the world and can honestly say this place was clean comfortable and big comfy beds.

We had two rooms and the lady on reception was polite and welcoming and told us about things in the area.

Both rooms were clean and comfortable.

It's dated yes but has a nice charm about it.

Reading bad reviews I had to check twice I was reading about the right motel as I had none of the issues others have.

My advice to anyone is ask to see the rooms before you pay.

We booked online and had no problems.

Good free and really fast WiFi.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2015 via mobile

After I read the other reviews I had to write a review. My husband and I stayed here.it was a very cold night as there was a bad snow storm coming in.the lady in the office had already had the heat on in our room so it was nice and toasty.she was very kind and helpful. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable.We had a very good experience here and would do it again.

• Stayed February 2015
Eglon, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2015

Our children booked this for us so we could see Moses at sight and sounds theatre. We stayed two very cold nights in one of the rooms, by cold I mean cold , we had two very small space heaters in the room to keep us warm in the middle of January near zero temperatures. The owners said they didn't want to turn the main heat on for two people, needless to say, if you like the idea of a nostalgic trip to the outhouse in the dead of winter, this is your place, by the way one of the heaters quit as soon as we got there, so we had to ask for another, the female manager brought us another promptly, and remarked it was too warm in our room, now that may be true if you were an Eskimo, but we were cold! We live in the higher elevations of WV so we're used to cold, we're also used to paying to stay warm in the winter not cold, so on that end note, definitely don't stay here in any part of the cold months. Secondly, let me say a few positive things because there were a few : first, we did'nt pay 200 a night like some did, ours was only 40, positive. The bed was very comfortable, the sheets clean, and no bugs, very positive. Our microwave worked as long as we unplugged the space heater before using. It is close to Hershy Park, about 10 minutes. In conclusion, if you're only looking for a very cheap place to stay for one night and have absolutely no other option but this one, stay home, especially in the dead of winter, because they will not turn the heat on for ya!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

My wife and I wanted to do an overnight stay in Hershey. We love the area, the outlets, and the park. We wanted to save a little money on the hotel this time so we booked the Hershey Travel Inn. We did save some money on the hotel but we left saying we would never stay at a low budget hotel again. It felt like a room you would stay in when you visited your buddy's frat house on a road trip. I feel bad criticizing a company that somebody is dependent on for their lively hood but they need to do some serious renovations. If you just need a place to crash with a looking door and toilet, this is your place. But there are better options close by.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Sydney, Nova Scotia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

To call this the Bate's Motel would be giving it credit: Filthy, musty, sour, crawlers, mouldy sagging wall paneling on the ceiling in the bathroom. Had to break a large web to get in the room... carpet cira 1800s... No refund! The owners spewed into a speal as soon as we said we can't sleep there; not the first time they heard that!! We sucked it up and lucked out with a cancellation at Rodeway Inn and Suites - nice clean motel. what you'd expect for the money!

When the owners are standing behind plexi-glass upon registration in a small town motel, red flags should be raised lol...

A lit match is the only fix for this place!!!

It is disappointing that this hotel has a rating slightly less than other hotels that are soooo much better. You should have the option of ignoring things like location ( proximity to attractions, center of the city, etc. ) when the place is a DUMP... speaking of which, your view when you walk out the door of the room, is a junk yard 50 feet away... seriously!!

Mark Mac

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Uniontown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The first thing I said to my girlfriend once opening the room door was "I'm sorry".
This 'inn' was booked last minute, rather than the similarly priced (and much nicer) Ramada just up the street, because of a work scheduling conflict. The room was warm and musty, like it hadn't been opened in weeks. My girlfriend's allergies/asthma started acting up within 30 seconds of being in the room. We immediately coated everything in a layer of Lysol and turned on the air conditioner. The Lysol must have disrupted a gnat hive somewhere in the room, because that's when they started coming out of seemingly nowhere. The water pressure from the showerhead may have been the best thing about this room; the bathtub itself, however, looked unkempt. I'm glad this was only a one night booking, because we wouldn't have been able to handle more. The location of this inn is also in what could be considered as the 'bad' part of Hershey. Sandwiched between a defunct gas station/broken down car lot and a few 'no curb appeal'
homes. The check-in process was easy, as the foreign clerk was polite and spoke fluent english. The checkout process was even easier, as the laundry lady, who had a pile of linens on the lawn chair just outside our room, volunteered to turn my keys
into the office. This place
could only be considered nice by the homeless or third-world immigrants.
I would ask for, @ least, a partial refund, but it's not worth my time; in lieu of a refund, I am paying it forward by writing this lengthy review and advising travelers/vacationers to:
Avoid Hershey Travel Inn at
all costs.

• Stayed July 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This motel is absolutely disgusting! As soon as we walked into the room there were gnats everywhere!!! Since this is uncomfortable to be bitten all night I asked for a refund or to be moved to a different room. Customer service was extremely rude. She told me there was nothing she could do and couldn't move us to another room. I suggest that no one ever comes to this place ever!!!!!!!! It is beyond terrible and dirty.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Hershey Travel Inn? Share your experiences!