“Do not book this place.” 1 of 5 stars

Hershey Travel Inn
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   905 East Chocolate Ave., Hershey, PA 17033   |
Ranked #22 of 24 hotels in Hershey
Uniontown, Pennsylvania
“Do not book this place.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The first thing I said to my girlfriend once opening the room door was "I'm sorry".
This 'inn' was booked last minute, rather than the similarly priced (and much nicer) Ramada just up the street, because of a work scheduling conflict. The room was warm and musty, like it hadn't been opened in weeks. My girlfriend's allergies/asthma started acting up within 30 seconds of being in the room. We immediately coated everything in a layer of Lysol and turned on the air conditioner. The Lysol must have disrupted a gnat hive somewhere in the room, because that's when they started coming out of seemingly nowhere. The water pressure from the showerhead may have been the best thing about this room; the bathtub itself, however, looked unkempt. I'm glad this was only a one night booking, because we wouldn't have been able to handle more. The location of this inn is also in what could be considered as the 'bad' part of Hershey. Sandwiched between a defunct gas station/broken down car lot and a few 'no curb appeal'
homes. The check-in process was easy, as the foreign clerk was polite and spoke fluent english. The checkout process was even easier, as the laundry lady, who had a pile of linens on the lawn chair just outside our room, volunteered to turn my keys
into the office. This place
could only be considered nice by the homeless or third-world immigrants.
I would ask for, @ least, a partial refund, but it's not worth my time; in lieu of a refund, I am paying it forward by writing this lengthy review and advising travelers/vacationers to:
Avoid Hershey Travel Inn at
all costs.

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This motel is absolutely disgusting! As soon as we walked into the room there were gnats everywhere!!! Since this is uncomfortable to be bitten all night I asked for a refund or to be moved to a different room. Customer service was extremely rude. She told me there was nothing she could do and couldn't move us to another room. I suggest that no one ever comes to this place ever!!!!!!!! It is beyond terrible and dirty.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Do not stay here! This place is discussing! It's dirty and out dated! The owner said it was a non smoking room. Our room smelled of cigarettes and must....Don't waste your money! If you do stay here. It will make a good story for your friends to laugh at about.

Belleville, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This motel is disgusting. The rooms are dirty and old. After coming back to the room at midnight from Hershey park, my boyfriend and I decided to order pizza since we haven't eaten. As he was on the phone ordering pizza, someone started banging on the door that attached our room to another guest'speaker room. The person was banging on the door and trying to open it because we were being too loud ordering pizza. The rooms should not be attaches to each other. When I went to tell the person at the front desk, no one was there. It was actually a little frightening having someone bang on your door attempting to open it at 12 at night. The hotel provided us with two towels for two people. One had to be used for the floor by the shower because the shower was so powerful it blew the shower curtain all over and the water got all over the floor. When we went to ask for more towels the owner gave us a problem and stated that he gave us enough for two people. Find somewhere else to stay. I paid 117 for this room and it was a complete rip off. Oh and there were bugs too. It was a disgusting motel.

Culpeper, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I booked this motel for a fun trip to Hershey. Thought I was getting a good deal, well be aware. The motel is old and smelled of must. My allergies acted up the first morning we were there. I was sitting outside and another guest made the same comment. We both were fooled by the pictures on the web sit and would never recommend this place to anyone. When I went to the front desk to check out a day early because I could not stay in the room one more night, the woman told me that they would not refund me the one night left on our reservation. I told her that the room was making me sick but she said no. Live and learn.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Do not be fooled with the cheap prices. We stayed here last summer and it was terrible. As my daughter was going to lay in the bed, she encountered something that looked like a roach. The bathroom is not clean at all. We went out for breakfast on the last day and came back two minutes after checkout time. They made us pay a fee of $15. I do understand fees will be applied but is two minutes really going to kill them? Overall poor service, not clean, and the only good part is the location.

• Stayed July 2013
amalphiea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was a last minute, spur of the moment trip to Hershey Park. We booked online through a travel site. This is a very tiny, trapped in the 70's, motel. It was very clean though and the staff we nice. I was surprised to find a mini fridge and microwave in the room. It is super close to all the Hershey attractions and would recommend it as a place to sleep and keep your stuff since you're spending the day in Hershey.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hershey Travel Inn? Share your experiences!