“A nightmare for my family!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Hershey Travel Inn
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   905 East Chocolate Ave., Hershey, PA 17033   |
Ranked #22 of 24 hotels in Hershey
Trooper, Pennsylvania
“A nightmare for my family!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My family and I stayed here in July as my daughter took part in the Nationals dance competition and it was 5 mins from Hershey Theater and Hershey park. we were immediately disappointed at the property but told ourselves it was just for 2 nights! The worse 2 nights of our lives!!! First off, the owner stank! we had to hold our noses and turn away when talking to him! Then we entered the room, had all intentions of cooking to make it cost effective for us, the microwave was filthy, ground beef and other splattered foods were all inside ! The stove top was also very dirty and the pots were not cleaned!!! Though they were inside the cabinets, there was food stuck on the bottoms of them. The nightmare just got worse and worse , we then saw bugs in the room, sheets were dirty and the room was moldy. When we approached the owner's wife she became very irate and asked why we didn't leave stating that there are many other places in the area! We were stuck.....as we couldn't get a refund!!!! To make matters worse...as if they could any worse! On the day of checkout we got a phone call from the owner's wife telling my daughter who answered that if we didn't get out immediately they were going to charge for an extra night! What a nerve! We were not late in checking out we still had 5 mins left. Well we couldn't wait to get the hell out of there!! We went to the office and the wife was very nasty and hostile, screaming....in no way apologetic. My daughters were very upset and almost tearful! PLEASEEEEEEEEEE BEWARE!!!!!! NEVER STAY AT THIS PLACE YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!! Our biggest mistake apart form falling prey to the pics online and the hospitality the owner showed over the phone when we booked, was not taking pics of the condition of this place. BE WARNED!!!! This place needs to be shut down!

DISAPPOINTED AND DISGUSTED PA FAMILY

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Yorktown Heights, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

The second we walked into our room we checked the beds and found bed bugs in the mattress we immediately went to the office and told the manager who was a very nasty jerk and said we were liars and the place is clean and has no bugs and then slammed the office door in my face. .... the place is a dump and the pics are not accurate at all. is infested with bugs! STAY AWAY FROM THIS DUMP

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011 via mobile

An OK hotel. Service is good but I would like them To renovate the motel. Until they do so, DO NOT come here unless you want your whOle body FULL of bug bites.

• Stayed May 2011
hyde park new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

when i was booked out at hershey lodge i had to look for a place to stay with my family i came across this place only 1 mile away and i got great rates and each year i book 1 year in advance to keep great rates, last year it rained most of my trip and i needed to stay 2 extra nights to use up my passes and they had no space left so they gave me the effeciency apartment with stove and 2 bedrooms for the same price i paid for the small room downstairs. they have always been friendly to me and will haggle on prices if needed. ill always stay here each vacation.

Room Tip: tell them what u can afford for a combo of nights.
  • Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Monroe, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We arrived in Hershey on our first day of vacation. The smell of the town is just simply to die for. I was excited to spend the day here. We arrived about noon and visited some attractions before checking into our room. The employee was extremely nice and helpful. I was kind of excited to see the room. Opened the door and was just plain sadden. I paid $74 to stay the night in this room, and clearly this was maybe a $20 a night room.

The bathroom was very small and dirty. There was even a bullet hole or a rock hole in our bathroom window. The room had a stale oder to it. And the heater was only a tiny thing on the table. There was a note on the microwave that said to unplug the heater before using the microwave. Scary!! I refused to sleep underneath the covers because I couldn't imagine what I would find under there. We were awoken at four in the morning by talking outside of our room. The walls must be very thin.

This hotel is in a great location for activity in Hershey. But I can promise I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
PriscillyGirl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my husband after a family trip and the next morning we woke up with bed bug bites. I also did not feel safe there. It's true that they have a good low price but it's not worth it at all.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
New Haven, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

I generally like to support local business, so when I saw this place was a little bit more pricey than the chain hotels, I figured it would be a reasonable, if not comparable place to stay. However, when we arrived, we found the place was dirty, poorly maintained, very small and even misleading. Putting the luggage (one bag) in the room made it impossible to walk from the bed to the bathroom. There were cobwebs and dirt all over the carpet. The bathroom was moldy and dirty. We opted for a queen bed and received a full sized bed. This does not even fit my partner. Furthermore, the mattress is very old, and wobbly, and certainly not worth the $140+ dollars we paid for it. We approached the business owner and he immediately attacked us verbally, claiming that 1000s of people have slept on this bed and have not complained it is too small. Therefore, it can't be the wrong size. Then when we asked what we could do to cancel our reservation, I was told we could walk out, but still pay the price. When my partner asked what the reasoning was for this, the owner turned, looked at him and said, I don't want to even speak to you, you are not my guest. Turns out, only the person with the credit card charges matters here.

I suggest that you don't stay here. Surely there must be nicer locally run/owned places in Hershey to place your money. This place is a rip-off and you are certain to be treated without any respect at all.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hershey Travel Inn? Share your experiences!