“i use it every year” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
hyde park new york
“i use it every year”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

when i was booked out at hershey lodge i had to look for a place to stay with my family i came across this place only 1 mile away and i got great rates and each year i book 1 year in advance to keep great rates, last year it rained most of my trip and i needed to stay 2 extra nights to use up my passes and they had no space left so they gave me the effeciency apartment with stove and 2 bedrooms for the same price i paid for the small room downstairs. they have always been friendly to me and will haggle on prices if needed. ill always stay here each vacation.

Room Tip: tell them what u can afford for a combo of nights.
  • Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Monroe, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We arrived in Hershey on our first day of vacation. The smell of the town is just simply to die for. I was excited to spend the day here. We arrived about noon and visited some attractions before checking into our room. The employee was extremely nice and helpful. I was kind of excited to see the room. Opened the door and was just plain sadden. I paid $74 to stay the night in this room, and clearly this was maybe a $20 a night room.

The bathroom was very small and dirty. There was even a bullet hole or a rock hole in our bathroom window. The room had a stale oder to it. And the heater was only a tiny thing on the table. There was a note on the microwave that said to unplug the heater before using the microwave. Scary!! I refused to sleep underneath the covers because I couldn't imagine what I would find under there. We were awoken at four in the morning by talking outside of our room. The walls must be very thin.

This hotel is in a great location for activity in Hershey. But I can promise I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
PriscillyGirl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my husband after a family trip and the next morning we woke up with bed bug bites. I also did not feel safe there. It's true that they have a good low price but it's not worth it at all.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
New Haven, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

I generally like to support local business, so when I saw this place was a little bit more pricey than the chain hotels, I figured it would be a reasonable, if not comparable place to stay. However, when we arrived, we found the place was dirty, poorly maintained, very small and even misleading. Putting the luggage (one bag) in the room made it impossible to walk from the bed to the bathroom. There were cobwebs and dirt all over the carpet. The bathroom was moldy and dirty. We opted for a queen bed and received a full sized bed. This does not even fit my partner. Furthermore, the mattress is very old, and wobbly, and certainly not worth the $140+ dollars we paid for it. We approached the business owner and he immediately attacked us verbally, claiming that 1000s of people have slept on this bed and have not complained it is too small. Therefore, it can't be the wrong size. Then when we asked what we could do to cancel our reservation, I was told we could walk out, but still pay the price. When my partner asked what the reasoning was for this, the owner turned, looked at him and said, I don't want to even speak to you, you are not my guest. Turns out, only the person with the credit card charges matters here.

I suggest that you don't stay here. Surely there must be nicer locally run/owned places in Hershey to place your money. This place is a rip-off and you are certain to be treated without any respect at all.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

An absolute hole. The kind of place you'd expect the State to send paroled murderers and child molesters as a sort of half way house. Half way to what, I can only guess. Pubic hairs on the towels, holes in the walls, dust everywhere, and my son found specks of something brown in the sheets on his bed. We walked. Stopped by the office to tell the "manager," and he totally flipped out, starting calling us names and generally was unwilling/unable to participate in a civilized dialogue. Big surprise. If this was a Taliban AAA recommended stop on the road to imminent slaughter, fine. Here in the civilized world, we have standards, and this place is the biggest pile of feces I've ever had the displeasure of setting foot in in my entire life. One positive note: Apparently it's possible to completely furnish a hotel by picking up furniture from other peoples garbage.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

After I booked, I read all the negative reviews and was pretty taken back but I thought I shouldn’t get swayed by what people say I must give them a chance and see for myself exactly how they are. I am so glad I listened to my heart. This is a Family owned operation and they have treated us so very cordially we felt completly at home. The building is old but the room, bathroom, kitchenette, patio and furniture’s were spotless. Housekeeping came in on time and we had clean towels and sheets. It was truly a wonderful experience.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

As a travel professional, I have the opportunity to visit properties with different star ratings. This property definitely earns a one star rating, possibly one half. The property is in need of some serious updates (paint peeling, dirty feel and look), box springs were torn, floor was sticky, beds were less than comfy, reviews were accurate. I would recommend taking the money you would spend here and investing in a better property, there are two next door that would warrant a better look and feel. Definitely not worth the money.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hershey Travel Inn? Share your experiences!