“Pleasant surprise! Great value! Dog friendly!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
“Pleasant surprise! Great value! Dog friendly!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012 via mobile

Normally we shy away from inexpensive accommodations for some obvious reasons, (if you've ever stayed at a low budget motel). However, we needed a place that we could take our dog this time. Was it the Hershey Hotel? No, but it was comfortable, close to the park and clean. Without the dog, we would stay at a nicer and more expensive place. But I would HIGHLY recommend this lodge if it fits your criteria. Both family AND dog friendly :)

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Moorestown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

The Econo Lodge in Hershey wasn't too bad. We only used it as a place to crash after the park. We were there on a very wet weekend so the parking underneath the building was actually appreciated. The breakfast was just your typical packaged goods but they did have quaker oatmeal so it wasn't totally bad for the diet. Nothing special but not scary either...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Jeannette, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

We weren't sure what $95 a night would get us but we were very satisfied with this hotel. All of the parking is underneath the hotel so our car wasn't blazing hot when we got in it. The front desk staff was American, friendly and extremely helpful. The room was clean and spacious. The beds were comfortable. There are restaurants within walking distance so that's a plus! We were only about a mile and a half from all of the Hershey attractions. If we return to Hershey, we are definitely staying here again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Connellsville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

It wasn't the best of hotels, it wasn't the worst of hotels, but I'm not sure I would stay here again. The first thing is the location along a busy road. It was not TOO far out from the Hershey attractions, but no where near close enough to walk to much of anything, which we love to do. However, there were two restaurants next door, so if you didn't want to travel to eat, you didn't have to. The continental breakfast wasn't the best I've ever had, and the area was not much more than a small counterspace, which probably explains why there wasn't much food: no place to put it!!!

The staff was VERY friendly. I have no complaints about anyone working there. I did have a few issues with the room. As soon as we walked in, it smelled like a wet dog. Obviously, a pet and its owner just left. My daughter had to pick alot of dog hair off the blanket, under the bedspread, so that she could lay her 5 week old daughter down. Our bedspread had what appeared to be a huge, laundered but not gone, blood stain, underneath, near the pillow. That was bothersome. Other than those issues, the room was clean....not very spacious with a roll a way in there, too, but clean.

There was no pool, which was my fault for not checking beforehand. The walls are pretty thin. The gang next door pounded on the door and argued for hours, so we didn't feel too bad about the fact that the baby was colicky during the night!!

It wasn't an awful place to stay, but as I said before, we most likely wouldn't choose THAT particular Econo Lodge again. And despite my critique of the room, it is mainly because of the location.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

The room was dated, as mentioned in other reviews. The comforter was old, used and reminded me of the commercial where you need a hazmat suit prior to sleeping. I would also recommend the hazmat suit for warmth, as the blankets provided no heat.
The room was bombarded with noise. The neighbors were loud and the bugs were loud.
The breakfast was in the small lobby, but they provided you a tray to grab and go.
The parking lot was a little tight. Several times I would walk down the stairs and neighbors would be sitting there smoking. How did I know they weren't hotel patrons? One was half naked with some wires coming out of his heart in a wheelchair that he rolled over the Cancer Home behind the hotel.
The rate was one of the lowest in the area and the reviews made it seem acceptable. I would agree that this is just a flop house. I would stay here again, but only if it was the cheapest rate in a 10 mile radius of HersheyPark.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
West Nyack, Ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

As they advertise, this motel is no-frills, but totally adaquate for a stay close to Hershey Park. The motel was clean and the staff very friendly. We picked this motel for a spontaneous overnight trip to the park because it was pet-friendly. It was centrally located with restaurants nearby and the park only two minutes down the road. For approx $100 (including a continental breakfast) this place was a find for us. I am very picky and freaky about cleanliness - while the carpet was a little sketchy the beds and the bathrooms were very clean. Our room faced the front of the building and you could hear street traffic. I would stay at the Econo-Lodge again.

Room Tip: I used my AAA card to get a few dollars off. You could also ask for a room in the back, maybe it wou...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Henderson, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

I understand that everyone has a different experience. My family and I stayed here because planned a weekend trip to Hershey World and Hershey Park. Though initially a little hesitant to stay here due to the negative reviews, we decided to give it a try. Let me tell you, that was a mistake...

Quality of Room: All the rooms are accessed from the outside. The door does not close by itself like most hotel/motel rooms; instead, you would need to push it to close. The carpets were stained and dirty so we didn't dare walk barefoot on the floor. The comforter on the beds were clearly old and have not been replaced since the 1970's (quilt floral design with minimal insulation. In other words, this did not keep us warm at night). The fabric on the chairs in the room were badly stained.

Quality of Bathroom: The shower had mold stains and the bottom of the bathtub was filthy!! I felt that it was just so dirty that we showered as quickly as possible to avoid any prolonged exposure to whatever was growing in the bathtub.

Internet: Their wireless internet is a JOKE! Every time I connected on my laptop, the internet would keep disconnecting, and I do not have this problem anywhere else. During the times that I was able to connect, the internet was dreadfully slow, easily less than 1 Mbps. You can probably check your email and that's it.

Customer Service: I'm not going to say that ALL their employees are rude. The lady who checked us in was nice and courteous. However, we had a very bad experience with one of the male employees. We brought a cooler with us and saw that they had an ice machine in the stairwell. We were putting ice into our cooler then a very rude male employee said, "That ice is NOT meant for coolers. I only have 1 ice machine and can't have you using up all of it." Ummmm, EXCUSE ME?!?! They didn't even provide an ice bucket in the room, so where exactly were were supposed to keep the ice to keep our drinks cool?? And if it wasn't meant for coolers, then why the heck do you have it?? And the "can;t have you using up all of it" was just plain rude. We are paying customers. I don't know if this guy is racist (we are asian....but that shouldn't matter) or if he just hates all people, but I was taken aback by his rudeness lack of customer service. Oh, and they don't work 24 hours a day. From 11pm-7am the office is closed and you have to call an answering service if you need anything.

Continental Breakfast: Mainly consisted of cold waffles, sugary Hostess doughnuts, and croissants. That's pretty much it. There was nothing nutritional about their breakfast.

I really wanted to like this place, but it was just terrible. I didn't expect a luxurious room, but I DID expect it to be clean, and Econo Lodge did not deliver. Also, I have never been treated so badly at a hotel or motel before. Please do yourself a favor and pick another establishment in the Hershey area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Hershey? Share your experiences!