“ignore the bad reviews” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Winter Garden, Florida
“ignore the bad reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2007

I know that I'm late with this review but I feel as though I should put people's minds at ease. I stayed at this hotel back in November 2004. Even though this is an older hotel it seems to be very well maintained. I didn't experience anything that the other reviewers had experienced. There was no mold that I could tell, the housekeeping department cleaned the rooms very well, the front desk staff, the continental breakfast was fine, and everybody else who worked at the hotel seemed friendly. This is coming from somebody who has worked in the hotel business in Florida for ten years. Comfot Inn is part of Choice Hotels and personally I would suggest goign through [--]for reservations using the internet users rate. Going through that web site will let you know what's really available at the hotel. Using the internet users rate will give you a fair price. There is also an internet rate guarantee on the web site as well. This hotel is just fine. Relax, stay here, and enjoy the area. The hotel is just fine. If you have any problems, just calmly report it to the front desk and they will do everything they can to help out. That's what they are there for. Enjoy, the Comfort Inn is a good hotel.

• Liked — feeding the ducks near the entrance to the hotel
  • Disliked — the hotel can get a little busy at times
  • Stayed November 2004, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Hamilton, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2006

My family of 4 has stayed here twice - last December & this to go to Hershey Park. The proximity to the park cannot be beat - without paying the prices for the Hershey Hotel. The kids loved the pool, however - I thought the 82 degree setting was a little chilly for my taste. Continental breakfast was nice, cups for juice could have been a little bigger. The room we stayed in each year was a suite - so the kids could sleep in one room & we could have some space after they went to bed to watch tv & relax. There was a small refrigerator, safe, and microwave in the room. The bathrooms could use some renovation, the sinks are older, the pink tile floor is dated. Otherwise, it's a nice place to stay to visit Hershey Park.

• Liked — My older son liked the pool, my younger son liked the waffles.
  • Disliked — dated fixtures in bathrooms
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2006

The web site looks much nicer than the rooms. They are in serious need of renovations. Sinks were cracked, carpets stained, no microwaves or fridge in rooms. Rooms are extremely small. Front Desk staff not very friendly. Cleaning staff did not even makes beds claiming that they could not because a personal item was left on them. (lazy) We only stayed here because the Hershey Hotel and Lodge were booked but you may as well stay home if you get stuck here. Oh, I also forgot that one of the elevators were not working and it took FOREVER to check out! Comfort Inn was not so comfortable. I am from DC and for the cost of these rooms you could stay at a Luxury hotel in the heart of town for the same price!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — condition of the rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — book Hershey hotel in advance!
Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
Fairfield, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2006

We stayed here for a couple of nights during the Labor Day weekend of 2006. Not the best place I've stayed but certainly good enough for a weekend. The hotel seemed fairly clean - room included. Our maid did a nice job. The staff was pleasant. The pool was Ok - not great - but ok, my kids ages 8 and 4 liked it. Continental breakfast had many items including make your own waffles, but was crowded in the morning with everyone rushing to get their day started. It was kinda hectic, but again it was labor day weekend. I would stay here again if I was going to Hershey Park for a couple of days. I dont see any benefit to pay more to stay at the Hershey Lodge or Hotel if you are not going to be spending much time in the room.

• Liked — proximity to attractions
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hickory, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2006

Sunday night was $160 and Monday night was $220 and that was with a substantial military discount. The amenities that the hotel offered were nice. Breakfast was very crowded, but the food was good. Could have used some fruit that was actually ripe, but otherwise fine. Pool was a bit cold, but a good place for kids to run off some evening energy. No hot tub to relax in. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. Overall a nice visit, but NOT AT ALL worth the amount of money that we paid to stay there. If we go again, we will stay in east Harrisburg and drive the 10 minutes in to Hershey.

• Liked — Clean, comfortable rooms
  • Disliked — Price. Not at all worth the price that we paid for this room.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2006

The stay at this hotel was a nice one for the most part. We had one bad experience. The laundry room was closing at 10 but I got in there at 9:30 to wash a few items for our trip home. The janitor yelled at me asking me if I knew what time it was. I told him I knew but I had been in there since 9:30 waiting for a woman to finish with the dryer. The dryer was very slow. Wasn't very hot. So anyway, I told him I was paying $170 a night and he said so was everyone else including the people next door to the laundry room. I complained to the desk and they said they would make note of it and that was it. I thought there should have been some type of apology. I would stay there again maybe but it wasn't worth $170 a night. You pay for the location which is 2 miles from Hershey Park. The pool there was well kept and nice. It was heated and my kids and I had a lot of fun. The janitor experience kind of ruined my stay. He wasn't very neat looking and looked sloppy. Rooms were nice and comfortable.

• Liked — Hotel was clean and the breakfast was great.
  • Disliked — The janitor and his attitude
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't use the laundry room after 10 or you'll be treated like a child.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2006

We stayed for two nights and thought it was quite comfortable. The hotel was attractive, clean, well furnished, and near the park. The free breakfast was crowded but good if you don't mind the line. The pool was clean and pretty. I thought the in-room movies were too expensive--$10.99 for each, although they did have fairly new titles to choose from. The staff are pleasant and do try to accomodate requests from guests. Could use at least 4 more elevators, when the hotel is full you'll spend time waiting for them.

• Liked — Nice room
  • Disliked — waiting for the elevators
  • Tips/Secrets — ask for a room on the lowest floor so you can walk up/down.
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Comfort Inn at the Park? Share your experiences!