“Good hotel but expensive and some unfriendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 24 hotels in Hershey
Connecticut
“Good hotel but expensive and some unfriendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2006

The stay at this hotel was a nice one for the most part. We had one bad experience. The laundry room was closing at 10 but I got in there at 9:30 to wash a few items for our trip home. The janitor yelled at me asking me if I knew what time it was. I told him I knew but I had been in there since 9:30 waiting for a woman to finish with the dryer. The dryer was very slow. Wasn't very hot. So anyway, I told him I was paying $170 a night and he said so was everyone else including the people next door to the laundry room. I complained to the desk and they said they would make note of it and that was it. I thought there should have been some type of apology. I would stay there again maybe but it wasn't worth $170 a night. You pay for the location which is 2 miles from Hershey Park. The pool there was well kept and nice. It was heated and my kids and I had a lot of fun. The janitor experience kind of ruined my stay. He wasn't very neat looking and looked sloppy. Rooms were nice and comfortable.

• Liked — Hotel was clean and the breakfast was great.
  • Disliked — The janitor and his attitude
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't use the laundry room after 10 or you'll be treated like a child.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

324 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2006

We stayed for two nights and thought it was quite comfortable. The hotel was attractive, clean, well furnished, and near the park. The free breakfast was crowded but good if you don't mind the line. The pool was clean and pretty. I thought the in-room movies were too expensive--$10.99 for each, although they did have fairly new titles to choose from. The staff are pleasant and do try to accomodate requests from guests. Could use at least 4 more elevators, when the hotel is full you'll spend time waiting for them.

• Liked — Nice room
  • Disliked — waiting for the elevators
  • Tips/Secrets — ask for a room on the lowest floor so you can walk up/down.
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Trumbull, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2006

This place was great. Fairly new hotel - near Hershey but not too close that you are on the high traffic path.
Staff was cheery and helpful. Room was VERY clean and bed was comfortable. Free breakfast was fresh - muffins, cereal, waffles you make yourself, fresh fruit, juices, bagels and toast breads, and hard boiled eggs. Coffee 24/7! Right in the lobby. Weather posted every morning and free USA Today and Local newspapers. We used an entertainment book discount and got the room for $169/night (4 people, 2 queen beds). Great pool but we were too tired to use it. THere is no restaurant on site (just a kitchen for breakfast) but it's surrounded by chain restaurants. There is a microwave downstairs to heat up bottles, or make popcorn or whatever.

• Stayed June 2006
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2006

This is a perfectly nice hotel to stay at when visiting Hershey. We got a good rate from a popular hotel booking site so it was all very reasonable. We had a big group and used three rooms for one night. The rooms were typical for newer hotels - decent size, clean, and with all the basic amenities you would expect. The beds and pillows were comfortable and I for one had a good night's sleep. We had an issue with our bathroom but it was addressed quickly by the staff, who were helpful and friendly. The continental breakfast in the morning was great - plenty of choices (including hard-boiled eggs which was nice) and plenty of tables. The kids enjoyed feeding the ducks that live close to the parking lot. I would definitely stay there again, and would recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2006
Blacksburg, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2006

This place is fine when it comes to the Comfort Inn brand- what you would expect along with a decent indoor pool. We made last minute reservations when we realized we'd stop at Hershey on our trip north. I guess with some work ahead I could have found a much better rate- even through our Gold choice membership this hotel was $179 for a Saturday night, and I find that excessive even for a popular place at a busy time of year. The front desk told me I got a better discount than my AAA rate would have been!

The rooms are small, but they are clean and fine. The breakfast is good- food wise -but you had better get there early! Monday morning was absolutely jammed from 9 to 10, but at 8 AM it was easy to get in and out. The beds are ok, but are nothing special. I would say shop around as much as you can because this area is highly variable on price for the same quality.

• Stayed July 2006

Been to Comfort Inn at the Park? Share your experiences!