“DON'T do it!” 2 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
“DON'T do it!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

To say the room was musty is being nice, everything felt wet from the carpet to the bed. The bathroom is a closet with the sink outside. The shower was moldy and the fixture was rusted. I wouldn't even give my son a bath in there. The breakfast was HORRIBLE with not many choices no hot food (no eggs, sausage ect.) They only "cleaned" the room 1 of the 3 days we were there. The pool looked ok from the outside but was very cloudy and had a ton of bugs in it. It is obvious whoever runs this hotel doesn't care about it, go elsewhere!

• Stayed July 2013
Alan O, Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn Hershey, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
On behalf of the entire service team, I would like to sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations as a customer. It’s extremely important to us that we meet and exceed all levels of comfort our customers expect. I can assure you we will address your comments in detail, and do our absolute best to prevent the inconvenience we caused you from happening again in the future. If there is anything else that I could possibly help you with please contact me at 717-533-5665 ext 431 or at aoliver@milestonehotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Just checked out....and would never go back! As soon as you enter the lobby the damp and musty smell smacks you right in the face. The room, especially the bathroom was not very clean. Never would walk without shoes. Tried to save a little money by not staying at a Hershey resort and would never do that again. Definitely worth the extra money! Very bad experience!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your patronage and taking the time to comment regarding your stay. I want to first apologize about your experience. I am equally disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations as we have a team commitment to ensure every guest has a positive experience. I am truly sorry that we fell so far from our mark. I will personally address your comments with the entire team. I do understand that we have had some humidity issues this year do to the extreme temperatures and humidity that the Hershey Area has been dealing with this summer. I can promise you that our team is looking into different options to help reduce the humidity within our building. If there is anything else that I can help you with please feel free to contact me at 717-533-5665 ext 431 or at aoliver@milestonehotels.com.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

What else can I say? Our room was so disgusting it was unhealthy. There was so much mold and moisture in the room that I couldn't breath and I had to sleep in my car. We travelled with another family who had the same experience. I didn't even want my luggage to touch the ground. We actually moved it to the car and staged from there. If there was a lower rating I would give it to this hotel. After watching the reviews on this hotel I am pretty sure the hotel staff counters all negative reviews with a positive of their own. Upon writing this review, there are 66 each of the four and five star ratings. I bet it will increase by one or two after our review to try to keep their high trip advisor status. Don't be fooled! Spend the extra money and stay somewhere else!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you very much for your review for your recent stay with us. I wanted to again apologize for you and your families experience while you stayed with us. As I noted in our conversation the other day I promise that we are looking into the comments that you made about the room and coming up with a resolution for the humidity that you experienced . I also wanted to promise that all our comments placed in Tripadvisor are genuine comments made by actual guests that had stayed with us. If there is anything else that I could help you with please feel free to contact me at 717-533-5665 ext 431 or at aoliver@milestonehotels.com.
Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is an awesome hotel! They are attentive, helpful, and considerate. Everyone was great to us, and great breakfast. Whether you are going to the hospital, a concert, the park, this is the place to stay. I want to thank everyone and especially Maria. Maria Alejandra she was so nice, wish we could have said bye. She is a part of a student exchange program and works as a maid. Trust me the service is great!!!

Room Tip: You can ask for handycap access room
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

While the staff was very polite to us the actual hotel room was disgusting. We were traveling with another family so 2 rooms were rented, 144 and 142. Both rooms were damp, musty, dark and the carpet was so dirty and stained my kids would not even take their shoes off. In 142 the staff changed the curtains because they were moldy and spayed some orange smelling disinfectant. The rooms were so bad my wife slept in the car. For $216.99 a night you expect a room you can actual sleep in. I am not sure who Best Western has writing the reviews on Trip Advisor but it total misrepresents this property.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay with us. We apologize for the inconvenience caused as a result of the humidity in your room. I can promise that we are currently working on ways to reduce the amount of humidity that is showing up in our guestrooms this summer. The weather has not been cooperating with us this year by being extremely hot and humid in the Hershey Area. I will also discuss with our staff the cleanliness items that you mentioned to make sure that those items are corrected. If there is anything else that I could help you with please feel free to contact me at 717-533-5665 ext 431 or aoliver@milestonehotels.com.
Dansville, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Cannot possibly find a good thing to say about this stay. The room smelled musty and had NO air conditioning. This is July, the bathroom floor was slimy the whole time we were there. Had to keep a towel on the floor at all times so no one would slip. We were put on the backside of the motel where we could park right outside of our door however the people on either side of us had more then one couple/family in their rooms each using TWO spots. The breakfast wasn't too bad but we were very unhappy as well as uncomfortable but didn't have any options as everything in the area was full due to DMB being at Hershey Park.

Room Tip: Don't stay there!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you taking the time to let us know where we can improve, as it’s unacceptable for a guest to have a less than satisfying stay with us. I can PROMISE you we will fix the concern comments noted. As to some of the other items that you mentioned about the parking space and busyness of the area, those are unfortunately items that are outside of our control. The Hershey Area during concert weekend is extremely busy. I will let you know that if that kind of traffic is not for you Hershey Entertainment does post all concerts on their website so that you could schedule your vacation around them. If there is anything else that I could help your with please let me know at 717-533-5665 ext. 431 or aoliver@milestonehotels.com.
Cicero, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I was a little nervous about staying here after reading some of these reviews, but my experience was much better than what I expected, in fact I extended my stay one additional night. We stayed in room 222, a non-smoking room with 2 double beds. The room was clean, bedding was clean and very comfortable, flat-screen tv worked, shower had plenty of hot water and good water pressure, toilet worked fine, refrigerator worked (a blessing), A/C worked good (a double blessing). The sink area is located outside of the bathroom, it is small but served it's purpose, sink drained a little slow. The staff was super friendly and helpful, especially Shannon at the front desk, she went out of her way to print out some concert tickets for me that I had to email to her. She also helped me with my request to extend my stay for an additional night. Shannon, thank you again!!

The continental breakfast was amazing, wow, wish we had taken advantage of it the previous 2 mornings. Homemade waffles were constantly being made, both vanilla and chocolate waffles, and his specialty, the choc & vanilla twist waffle (yum). When we entered the breakfast area the yogurt was all gone but within ten min somebody came in and re-stocked all of the yogurt. There was a variety of breakfast items to choose from, cereal, fresh fruit, muffins, toast, hard boiled eggs, milk, juice, coffee, iced water.

Housekeeping was friendly & kept all of our linens fully stocked during our entire stay, going the extra mile by arranging all of the stuffed animals on the bed, arm-in-arm, which put a big smile on my 7-yr old daughter's face after a long day at Chocolate World.

This hotel had 2 vending machines on our floor for snacks & drinks, an ice machine (which was broken but had a sign directing you to use the one on the 3rd floor). This was not a problem for us as we did not have a need for ice. There are also a couple of arcade games on this floor for the kids to play. The pool was refreshing, it has a sprinkler area with a depth of only 1 foot for the little ones to enjoy their area. There is plenty of sun bathing areas in addition to shaded areas with tables.

This hotel is very close to Hersheypark, I enjoyed my first stay here and will definitely be coming back to stay here again the next time we visit Hershey.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the backside of hotel, no noise from pool & parking lot areas.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn Hershey? Share your experiences!