“Great New Years Weekend stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #18 of 24 hotels in Hershey
Owings Mills, Maryland, USA
“Great New Years Weekend stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Everything about my 3 night stay was perfect - except for the breakfast. Under a heat lamp dry waffles, hard boiled eggs. Only two types of cereal. I have stayed several times at the Annapolis BW and their breakfast spread is amazing!! This was sad.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

358 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I had to stay here overnight during the snow storm... the staff was friendly and very attentive, the hotel was very clean. I fully enjoyed my short time there. The vending machines had good selection and I could also use a credit card in a soda machine which was great considering I didn't have cash since I wasn't expecting to have to stay in a hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Pros: The room itself was nice. The bedding and furniture appeared to be relatively new. The shower was great. The staff was friendly.

Cons: The sink area is very small. There is no elevator so you have to carry your luggage upstairs if you are not on the first floor. The breakfast room is small, however, they did have a decent selection of continental items.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
jzombro, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn Hershey, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the Best Western INN Hershey. I am happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable. We do offer variety of items at our continental breakfast I am pleased to hear that you found the complementary breakfast to be enjoyable. Our commitment is superior customer care and it appears we lived up to our promise.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit soon!

For the benefit of future customers we do not have an elevator going up one floor however the staff is always willing to assist with luggage needs.
Hughestown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed on Christmas Eve during this visit to Hershey. We stay here every time we come to town, which is usually a couple times a year.
The front desk staff was friendly, and in splendid holiday spirits. We were able to check in a little early which was great because we hadn't anticipated on arriving so soon. Our room was spacious and most importantly, it was very clean. The heater worked great in the room and was easily adjusted to a comfortable temperature.
There is a wonderful assortment of food in the morning for breakfast, the homemade waffles were delicious!
As always, I recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the area. Thank you for a delightful Christmas stay.

• Stayed December 2012
On behalf of the entire staff at the Best Western INN Hershey, we would like to thank you for writing such a positive review about your recent experience with us. We’re grateful for the opportunity to serve you, and happy to hear we exceeded all your expectations. Feedback such as yours is extremely motivating, and will continue to drive us in maintaining our high standards of exceptional customer service. Thank you!
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My room had a nasty odor, and the bathroom smelled strongly of urine. The tub had some dirt in it and I found hairs on the blanket. I found myself not wanting to touch anything and then decided to drive home rather than sleep in the bed. It was not a place I was comfortable at all. I checked in earlier in the day when the room had just been cleaned and smelled clean, except a slight odor in the bathroom. I left and when I returned several hours later, the odors were in full bloom. I tried to reach the front desk at 11:30 p.m. and it finally went to voice mail. At that point, I just left the keys in the room and departed, although I had already paid. It just wasn't worth any hassle. When I checked in, the front desk staff was nice.

Overall, this hotel is badly in need of renovation. Its age shows in entrance, there is no covered entrance and it was raining like crazy. The hallways and the layout of the room show the age too. I wasn't looking for a fancy stay, but wanted clean, fresh and convenient. The sink is outside the bathroom and has barely enough room for your toiletries, the heat/air conditioning is one of those units where you dial heat or air and the blower comes on, no thermostat.

I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone for any reason.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
jzombro, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn Hershey, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Valued Guest
I Would like to sincerely apologize for not providing a great experience with us. We’re disappointed to learn of your dissatisfaction, and regret we were unable to make your stay more enjoyable. I sent you a private message in hopes to gain more information on the location of your room, and discuss how we can improve. I can assure you and all future guests, if you’re not happy, we’re not happy, and we promise to take the necessary action steps to improve immediately.
Thank you!
Dunmore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Hotel receptionist - Stacy was great! She was very friendly and has a warm attitude to all guests. Price per night was very reasonable and location was very near Hersheypark. Overall will come back again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn Hershey? Share your experiences!