“It was stinky, I did not stay the night!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card
Ranked #16 of 24 hotels in Hershey
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“It was stinky, I did not stay the night!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My room had a nasty odor, and the bathroom smelled strongly of urine. The tub had some dirt in it and I found hairs on the blanket. I found myself not wanting to touch anything and then decided to drive home rather than sleep in the bed. It was not a place I was comfortable at all. I checked in earlier in the day when the room had just been cleaned and smelled clean, except a slight odor in the bathroom. I left and when I returned several hours later, the odors were in full bloom. I tried to reach the front desk at 11:30 p.m. and it finally went to voice mail. At that point, I just left the keys in the room and departed, although I had already paid. It just wasn't worth any hassle. When I checked in, the front desk staff was nice.

Overall, this hotel is badly in need of renovation. Its age shows in entrance, there is no covered entrance and it was raining like crazy. The hallways and the layout of the room show the age too. I wasn't looking for a fancy stay, but wanted clean, fresh and convenient. The sink is outside the bathroom and has barely enough room for your toiletries, the heat/air conditioning is one of those units where you dial heat or air and the blower comes on, no thermostat.

I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone for any reason.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
jzombro, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn Hershey, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Valued Guest
I Would like to sincerely apologize for not providing a great experience with us. We’re disappointed to learn of your dissatisfaction, and regret we were unable to make your stay more enjoyable. I sent you a private message in hopes to gain more information on the location of your room, and discuss how we can improve. I can assure you and all future guests, if you’re not happy, we’re not happy, and we promise to take the necessary action steps to improve immediately.
Thank you!

311 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Dunmore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Hotel receptionist - Stacy was great! She was very friendly and has a warm attitude to all guests. Price per night was very reasonable and location was very near Hersheypark. Overall will come back again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed here for a dog agility trial. The room was great, it was located on the outside,so getting luggage and dog items into the room was easy,since I could park right outside the door!!
Desk staff was very cordial and helpful. Room was clean and the bed comfy.
I never made it to the free breakfast :(
I did suggest they get more TV stations and was told the TV contract will be up in Dec. and they were adding more channels!!

Room Tip: If you want an outside room just ask!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Close to the Park and near restraunts. Its a great location, Great pool. Too many kida running around in the halls unattended. The front desk folks were super friendly and great! The hotel just got new renovations, so I was excited to stay there again, hoping for the best. I have stayed here before the renovations. Renovations make the room look great and up to date. The only thing that was not revovated was the beds! Awful old hard beds.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

13 soccer families stayed at this hotel over Columbus Day weekend as we were traveling to a Soccer Tournament in Palmyra. I had read some negative reviews on the site and decided to contact the manager to see if these issues were resolved so we would be confident for our stay since we were traveling with such a big group. I have to say that Jamie, the GM and her Front Desk Manager Chuck were so exceptional in their attention to our visit. Jamie personally inspected all 13 rooms and they were able to get us an early check in as we requested. The rooms were meticulous and staff were friendly and very accommodating. They even printed out a map with directions to the fields. The continental breakfast was really great and all of the folks making the food and serving the customers were truly gracious. I can't say enough praise for this team. We would definitely return again and most importantly recommend this hotel if you ever have to stay near Hershey. We were less than 5 minutes from the park.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Winnipeg Beach, Mb
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We went as a group, our group leader also gave a review and she had a great review. The only thing about this hotel was the front staff was friendly, but that is all I saw. I hope other people from our group respond with their own room experience. My experience was we checked into a room where our carpet was still wet from being shampooed, there was still a smell of vomit in it. If the person who was above us had a shower or bath, our tub had a leak dripping into it. The beds were never completely made after day one, the ends would not get retucked in. The daily cleaning routine was horribly done. Our tv did not work, our phone would not allow us to call out to numbers outside of the hotel (we had to use the front desk phone), the fridge in our room was mouldy. One plug would not work, no matter what we plugged into it. I would never stay here again, no matter what the discounted room rate was. I was dissapointed, we had stayed there previously and the hotel has deteriorated considerably. The only reason we did not change hotels was that we were with such a large group.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
jzombro, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn Hershey, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Camila,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the noted cleanliness issues in your review. We are disappointed to learn of your experience and will address it with the housekeeping department. This is not up to our standards of cleanliness, and is completely unacceptable.

Your feedback is very important to us, and serves as a reminder; we must continue to focus on how each room is prepared before it’s ready for an arriving guest.

If I can be of further assistance please contact me directly.

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn Hershey? Share your experiences!