“Beware, Read before you book!” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
Newfield, New Jersey
“Beware, Read before you book!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

Hotel description very misleading. When I walked into the room the first thing I noticed was a very strong odor of stale smoke and bleach. The room was much smaller than I expected based on the online photographs. The door hinge/knob broken from inside the room. The bathroom light shut off when ever it felt like it, and to get it back on...we had to bang on the wall. -LOL but true. The bottom of the tub was slimey on your feet. Only two towels and one wash cloth were in the room for a four person reservation. Not to metion the refridgerator, the size of a small microwave. By the way WIFI Ha! Ha! Jokes on me..only in 10 by 10 area inside lobby
Breakfast: Pre made waffles aprx 2 1/2 in w and 1 in thick. Hard and cold, Bowel of hard boiled eggs, mini muffins, english muffins, bread, cold ceral, yogurt, oranges, apples, milk, coffee, hot choco, oj, cran, apple juice- Not worth the time. Coffee was okay, enough to hold you over.
Pool- Do not plan on spending a quite evening near the pool. VERY large crowds out drinking all night, took over the pool area. When pool closes they retreat to the parking lot. Im serious people, the first night I thought they were insane, BUT after staying in the hotel, I too joined in the drinking. Thats how these people slept! You had to be drunk to fall asleep there.
Sorry but this hotel needs some serious HELP! I cant believe I paid $300 for 2 night stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
jzombro, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn Hershey, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your families recent stay with us. On behalf of the entire team at the Best Western, I would like to apologize for your overall impression of our property. I will immediately address the concerns noted and prioritize accordingly. We continuously look at ways to improve the guest experience. Your comments will only help improve the commitment towards guest satisfaction at the Best Western Inn Hershey.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Best Western in Hershey, PA during a weekend getaway to Hershey Park. The hotel staff was extremely polite and very helpful. The hotel room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was fresh and filling, but I suggest arriving early to ensure that you don't have to wait long for waffles, which a staff cooks makes for you. :-) There was a no pets policy, but the room next to ours had a dog that would bark occationally. We informed the manager the next morning and they apologized sincerely for it. Overall, the hotel was good for the price and we would stay there again.

Room Tip: to save money--get the online rate
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
jzombro, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn Hershey, responded to this review, July 3, 2011
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review about the Best Western Inn Hershey. I thank you for staying with us and I am glad to see that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Milwaukee,WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel 3 times over the past 4 years, all during the same weekend in April. We received a very reasonable rate that had been the same as the past 2 visits.

About a week before our scheduled stay, the manager of the hotel called me personally to tell me that the weekend we were to stay at the hotel was also booked by a large group that contained quite a few children. The manager wanted to let me know ahead of time about this group at the hotel so that I would not be surprised upon arrival. She assured me that they would have things well supervised by staff and security and our stay would not be affected. You never know what to expect when you receive that kind of information, but the large group of kids was a non issue since they were quite (or kept quiet by the staff). There were zero issues with this large group of children, but I appreciated the call before our stay.

Our rooms were very pleasant, attractive, clean and seemingly well maintained. I slept soundly.

The free breakfast area offered by Best Western Hershey is good for starting off your day and there is always something to eat without waiting. A fresh newspaper and internet access is waiting for guests in the lobby. Over the years, the staff has always been friendly and helpful. Finally, to get a call from the manager before our stay and a follow up email (personal, not a "form letter") after is impressive. This is not a large city, 5 star hotel where you would expect high end accomodations, but over the 3 times I've stayed here, Best Western Hershey has proven to be a great value, clean hotel with good staff that seems to care. I'll be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Book early if you can!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
jzombro, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn Hershey, responded to this review, May 22, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to compliment our hotel on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your praise of our hotel and staff and am honored to have had the opportunity to provide you with the best in service and accommodations.

It is always so gratifying when I am able to share positive comments with the team on a job well done. They sure do appreciate it. We did have a lot of children in the hotel Easter weekend and I am glad that it did not affect your stay.

We hope to see you again soon on you next visit to Hershey!
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

Overnight stay, my daughter visiting a local technical institute.Extremely great deal...free breakfast buffet was excellent!!!!! Staff very friendly, and rooms very very clean. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
jzombro, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn Hershey, responded to this review, May 9, 2011
Have a great day,
Jamie Zombro
Abbottstown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

I experienced no problems during my stay. Location (less than a block away from the Hershey Lodge) was convenient for our conference located at the lodge. Walking distance away! Free parking all day in the Best Western lot. My room was pleasant. I was pleasantly surprised at the selection for breakfast. Hot selections as well as the cold standards, cereal, pastries, breads, but also yogurt and bananas. That really helped start my morning off well, and allowed me to focus on the rest of the day. Thanks! I disliked children noisily running in the hall around 10:00pm, but that was not the hotel's fault. I would stay here again and would recommend it to a friend or family member. The only other thing I disliked was the poor wireless internet connection in the area of my room. Signal was so low that I could not easily use the internet. Next time, I would request a room nearer to the wireless router.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
jzombro, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn Hershey, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to fill out such a wonderful survey for our hotel. The comments concerning the breakfast and the location were fantastic. . I have shared your comments with our staff members in order to give them motivation to continue to provide excellent service. As far as the poor wireless signal we offer free wireless in our lobby and breakfast room. The sleeping rooms all have a hard wired internet connection. Typically the only rooms that get great signal strength are directly off the lobby. When you return if available we could see that you get one of those rooms.

Thanks again,
Jamie Zombro
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

I can't gush enough about this hotel! The staff are FANTASTIC! They know the area. They're courteous, professional, and helpful. The location is great. There's a continental breakfast, and the breakfast room stays open all day with freshly-brewed coffee, fruit, water and an available microwave. The next time I'm in the area, this is where you'll find me!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
jzombro, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn Hershey, responded to this review, April 29, 2011

We hope to see you again soon on you next visit to Hershey!
Paramus, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

Great stay at Best Western Inn Hershey! Went to see Rush at the Giant Center ... it was less than 5 minutes away! Very fast check-in by friendly staff. Knowledgeable front desk staff gave me precise directions to Giant Center and Dunkin Donuts. Room was very clean. Very good continental breakfast. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to post your positive comments. The staff and I certainly appreciate the excellent comments. We strive to provide exceptional experiences for you; our valued guest. . We look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing the Best Western Inn Hershey.

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn Hershey? Share your experiences!