“Great Fun, Very informative, Gave good opps for pictures.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 9 Activities in Hershey
New York City, New York
32 attraction reviews
“Great Fun, Very informative, Gave good opps for pictures.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Fun Fun Fun! Gives very good information, the trolley is fun, informative, and we stop and learn about milton hershey as we get the oppurtunitie to take great pictures of historic places. Definately worth it, and a whole lot of fun! Good for all ages!

Wheeling, Illinois
“Great Family Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My family loved the trolley ride. Keep in mind this is a theatrical presentation. Our guides (Mary Kate and Wilbur) as well as Gary our driver were wonderful. Listen carefully to the Sweedish chef part and try and pick out "Bert and Ernie". A wonderful break from the hustle and bustle of Chocolate World. Enjoy!!

Strongsville, Ohio
17 attraction reviews
“Not for adults only”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We were pretty disappointed with the Trolley Works. We took the excursion to hopefully learn a little more about Milton Hershey, and that's what we did, learned a VERY LITTLE more. This is definitely hokey, and geared more towards children. We would not recommend this for adults.

Pittsburgh, PA
9 attraction reviews
“You don't get to see much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I have to agree with previous reviewers that the trolley ride is corny fun and yes it is informative as far as information about Milton Hershey's life and his company. We pretty much expected that.

And I even thought the young people leading the singing and doing the skits were great fun.

But what I did not expect is you really don't get to see much. You get a limited view of what the guide's are talking about while straining to look out the windows from inside the trolley. I wish we could have stopped for just a minute a couple of times, and especially at the mansion.

My wife and her mom and our daughter enjoyed it immensely. Her dad, our son and me, well not as much. That is why I give it an average rating. Kids, especially girls, and grandmas will love it. But if you want to see what they are talking about, drive around in your own car.

Evanston, IL
8 attraction reviews
“A silly break with some Hershey history”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

If you're looking for a serious tour stay off the trolley! If you're looking for some silly fun, some history tossed in, and some free snacks...All Aboard!

The actors do a very nice job combining fun with historical facts on the trolley tour of Milton Hershey and Hershey PA. Toss in a few old time sing along tunes like Daisy and In the Good Old Summer Time. My history teacher would be appalled. My Family loves it. So if you only dine at linen cloth restaurants shy away! If you love cheesy shtick...hop aboard the trolley at Chocolate World, Hershey PA.