“Clean and Close to Hershey” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
Merrick, New York
“Clean and Close to Hershey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

A group of us stayed here for one night in early Dec.with 3 other families with kids. I was a little nervous about staying here due to some of the reviews. But for the price of $122 p/n with an indoor pool and breakfast 10 minutes from Hershey, it was appealing. Our rooms were clean, we were allowed to check in early. It was perfect for what we needed. Will be returning in June.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Kanata, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed here December 30-1, I have a family of 6 so we booked their biggest room, payed in advance for better rate 124.95 + tax, I really was not concerned about paying in advance never had a problem with choice before, outside was not bad, but everything else was beyond awful. Staff tried to be helpful but hotel is in bad shape. I am from canada and have used choice hotels from canada to Florida . This is by far the worst hotel. First even though I prepaid for room and showed receipt, the owner/manager had not filled out computer form properly so employees did not know how to proceed. You walk into the hotel and there is a bad smell, Then first room given had smelly fluid filled sheets, and toilet was soiled, I won,t even mention the stains. And other stuff. Second room given was under repair, so I was given a third room. Let,s just say I accepted the dirty third room because we were tired from driving in. By the way did I mention I had to ask the maintenance guy for a plunger because I found the bathroom blocked in the third room.
Staff was helpful to the extent they could help. I read the positive reviews but cannot believe we are talking about the same hotel, the only thing i can think of is that rooms on main level are better it is really too bad because the location is great if you are going to hershey. I was not expecting 5 star hotel, just a clean one.

Room Tip: The rooms they gave me were 205, 210, I finally settled on 217, if you do stay here stay away from s...
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My parents, who live three minutes away from theQI, booked a room for me and my husband for two nights over Thanksgiving. They got the dates mixed up and accidentally booked the stay to begin as day earlier than we would be arriving. They stopped by that dayand "checked in", that is, picked up the keys.

We called the Quality Inn that evening and asked them to change our reservations from that night and the following night to the following night and the one after that. We said that if they didn't, we were going to cancel the second night.

They chose to have us pay for a night we did not use and to lose our business for the second night rather than accomodate our request.

They also lost our business and that of other family members for future visits. For instance, we're booking at a different establishment for this Christmas.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Springfield, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

You can still enjoy a wonderful week-end in Hershey without hurting your pocketbooks or wallets. The Quality Inn at Hershey is about a mile from the park. It is clean and a heated indoor pool (which is a must with kids), complimentary breakfast and very friendly staff!

Room Tip: If you stay on the first floor it is easier to get to breakfast with kids.
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I booked this hotel 2 days before our weekend family trip to Hershey. After booking the stay, I got the brilliant idea to check reviews after lol. I was a bit worried about our stay after reading some of the comments left. I will not judge and tell people they are wrong or just disgruntled because I just could have been lucky or the place could have changed for the better! I will tell you this though: There were many other people there that weekend and they seemed just as happy as my family and I, at breakfast in the hotel :-) . I can say that our experience at this hotel was excellent!! The staff were very helpful and kind (we even received a call to our room after checking in, to see if everything was ok and if we needed anything else)!!! The room was perfect for our family of 4 and the shower was HOT and POWERFUL, which was relaxing!! The breakfast was great, especially the "make your own waffles :-) . I did not go swimming, but my family did and they were happy. We have made this winter Hershey trip a family tradition and we will glady stay here again!!!!!

Room Tip: The bell for the elevator is a bit loud. We had room 301 which is at the end and we had no problems...
Smithtown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The manager CM Patel always made it very confortable while staying at this motel. The best yet was when returning from a tired day of walking etc. at 5pm Mr Patel was standing in the lobey asking about your day. The best yet he would guide you into the cafe area and offer you a cold beer and sandwich. I would stay again when visting the Hershey Area, it was also very close to all the attractions.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Rockville, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

There used to be a time that $200/night meant really nice hotels - the trend seems to have changed and I am still trying to get used to it. I had originally booked a 2 night stay at the Comfort Inn at the Park for about $299 a night - seriously, in Hershey, PA, a Comfort Inn for $299!! So, when I found this hotel for $200 I just took it. We consistently saw the same 1 person at the front desk through out our stay and she was very very friendly and helpful. The location is great - about 7-10 minutes drive to the park. The hotel does look and feel really old. Maybe a really nice steam cleaning of the carpets everywhere may help. The heating/air-conditioning unit is the worst - no matter what you set-it up on it kept coming on and off with a loud noise like an airplane taking off every few minutes which made it really hard to sleep. When we turned the unit to heat in the living room, it smelt like a dead animal and we turned it off immediately. We stayed on the 2nd floor in an accessible suite which had 1 bedroom with a queen size bed and the living room separated by a door with a sofa-bed. The jacuzzi in the living room is a waste. The microwave and refrigerator were really helpful when we ended up at the park the first night till late at night without dinner and had to go to the 24 hrs open super-market and get some frozen dinners close to midnight. The bedding was clean and comfortable. Bathrooms and rooms looked clean too. We never made it to breakfast so can't comment on that. We needed the hotel only to sleep so did not even look at any activities or pool in the hotel - who comes to Hershey to spend time in the hotel pool anyway
So, overall, yes, I would prefer to stay in a better hotel but not want to pay anymore so for the price and the location this hotel is good. It is not as horrible as some people make it sound here on the reviews - it is livable for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Hershey? Share your experiences!