“Quality for the price.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Hershey

You added Travelodge Hershey to your Saves list
Travelodge Hershey
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1043 East Chocolate Ave, Hershey, PA 17033 (Formerly Fairway Motel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
“Quality for the price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011 via mobile

Small but clean and efficient room for $55 with tax and 2 full beds. No complaints here.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
W.PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

We stayed here again for the Hershey Car Show for five nights. Nice time as always. Innkeeper was welcoming as always and shows he appreciates our business. This year NEW MATTRESSES were added and they were awesome! Complimentary breakfast is quite nice. Room is very quiet, parking area is well maintained, roomy, and in close proximity to your room, which is very handy. Motel is in a great location.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
North Canton, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

The hosts once again welcomed me, my roommate, and other visitors to the Fall Hershey car show, and the accommodations were very good as always. Always nice to have a "home away from home" for the better part of the first full week of October, Nice addition of the freezer to the small refrigerator, wi-fi worked great (even received help when I hit a wrong button, and Chirag fixed it in no time), and never a thing to worry about. We will be back again next year, already made reservations.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

THE GOOD: Clean and fully functional. Much cheaper than other lodging in the area. The desk staff at check-in was very friendly. PERFECT location -- only a couple miles from the park entrance. We didn't swim in the pool, but the pool area looked big, clean, and well-maintained.

THE BAD: Nothing TOO bad about it. It's a motel, no doubt about that, but it's clean and comfortable. The bathroom is tiny and the sink is outside the bathroom, but again, I wasn't expecting a marble jacuzzi. It's on a busy highway and there's not really any outside area for kids to roam -- but then again, you're at Hershey, so...who's hanging out at the hotel?

THE UGLY: The lime green walls and maroon carpets could use an upgrade! Blech.

All in all, it's overpriced (I've stayed at a 4-star in Europe for the same price!), but every hotel close to Hershey Park is overpriced. It's not a 4-star hotel, but...it's does a 4-star job of being a 2-star motel. That's where my rating came from.

Room Tip: Bars on the windows downstairs made me glad we were on the second floor ;)
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Cockeysville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

I stayed one night for business and I was pleasantly surprised by how nice my room was. I read reviews on several local 1-2 star motels and this one had the best, most recent reviews. I booked online through priceline.com and got the room for $59 plus tax.

The room had 2 double beds, plenty of lights, a little desk, TV w/cable, a nice little sink and mirrored cabinet separate from the bathroom, which was large with a toilet, shower and plenty of towels. My sheets were crisp and clean with no signs of stains or bugs of any nature. The sink and bathroom were all clean and in good condition...no mold or stains. The room was a little musty smelling when I first walked in but I didn't notice it after a few minutes. The room does open to the outside, but that didn't bother me. There was minimal traffic sounds and no other noises from neighbors...but maybe I didn't have any? I did not have to use the AC or heat, so unable to comment on that.

There was in indoor pool at the front, but I did not use it or get a chance to look at it. I've had some really nice continental breakfasts before and this was my only disappointment. It is set up inside the office where you check-in/-out and it's just a tiny little room with 2 small tables that seat 2 people each. It's very minimal...banana, apples, some cereal and juice/coffee. But that's to be expected with the lower price, so I was ok with it. Staff was very nice also. Oh, there's also an ice-maker and coin-op laundry right there and it looked like it only cost $0.75 for each...which is a steal!

There are plenty of fast food places and a Sheetz a few miles down the road, which is also nice and convenient.

Overall I had a great experience and I would definitely stay again! Perfect for business trips or short stays...couples or families vacationing may want more amenities.

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd floor and right by the road and still minimal noise, which did not bother me...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Midlothian, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

After taxes, the room cost $105 for a Saturday night. For what you get, it is a bit expensive although for the area, the price is about right unless you want a roach motel. The place was mostly clean, the front desk guy was nice. The free breakfast was coffee, juice, cereal, mini bagels and muffins, and fruit. Indoor pool but I did not use it.
If you get the second floor, it is a walk up.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Lake Grove, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed here the last weekend of June 2011, it was a last minute trip idea and quite frankly, when looking for a hotel my criteria was "cheap, clean, & close to the park" I was pleasantly surprised to find all three. Our room was on the 2nd floor and overlooked the golf course. This made my golfer husband very happy because there was a PGA tournament going on and the balcony gave him a wonderful view of the action going on. The room was a tad small for our family of four, but since we didn't spend too much time in it, we were fine. The room was clean, well maintained, and nicely decorated. The indoor pool was very nice and we made use of it our first afternoon after lunch and before we hit Hershey. The complimentary breakfast, was basic; juice, milk, coffee/tea, cereal, muffins, mini bagels, bananas, butter & jelly. Initially, I thought we'd have to go out and buy breakfast for my 13 year old son who never stops eating, but he enjoyed all that was there to offer and didn't need another breakfast or even a snack before lunch. The gentlemen and his wife who run the property were extremely accomodating and gracious, providing us with extra towels, pillows and even a 10 % off coupon to a local restaurant. They were very nice people and definately took pride in their work. Parking looked sparse, but was fine. My expectations for "cheap, clean, & close to the park" we met, I'd definately go there again during the height of the season.

Room Tip: bring drinks the room has a fridge
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Hershey? Share your experiences!