“Nice & New” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 24 hotels in Hershey
mlpcogo
“Nice & New”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed at this Fairfield Inn overnight on a visit to Hershey Park. I am being generous with the Very Good rating as the negatives I encountered were not really the fault of the hotel staff itself. The location is not bad although a little misleading as it is really not located on Chocolate Avenue but a block off of Chocolate avenue and about a mile walk to the center of town where the Hershey Museum and a couple of restaurants are located. I would have missed the hotel driving down Chocolate Ave if I had not been paying attention to the actual street address / GPS. However, the location was very convenient driving to and from the Park. The hotel is new as of April 2013 according the front desk staff. I found it to be very clean, with friendly and hospitable staff, and the breakfast buffet was well maintained with nice selections. The big negative for me was the AC unit in the room. It was a window unit with digital controls on the wall. It was really loud as it cycled on and off. I tried to adjust the fan so that it would just stay on but was unsuccessful trying to do that quietly in the dark not waking my family. For that reason I did not have a restful night sleep. Otherwise, the hotel is a nice option for families looking to save a little or wanting to stay with a Marriott property in Hershey.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Mount Airy, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This hotel is new as of Spring 2013 and is loaded with all the amenities for families. Just minutes from Hersheypark and lots of great dining options. The queen suite had plenty of space for our family of 5 which includes a 15 yr old. Clean, friendly and accomodating staff and the breakfast in the morning is a good way to start the day!

Room Tip: Views are not great from this hotel as it faces a parking lot but the proximity to Hersheypark makes...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CISHersheyADOS, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Yes… we are at a great location to visit all the Hershey attractions.

We are moments from Hersheypark, The Hershey Story and Chocolate World. We are pleased you enjoyed the spacious suites and full hot breakfast. We really appreciate your comments and will share these with the staff.

We hope to see you back soon!
Berlin, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Not sure why there are any bad reviews of this hotel. It is a little tucked away behind chocolate avenue and not muchIin walking distance, but if you have a car not a problem. The staff frifriendly and hotel clean. Walls were a little thin and my room was above the pool. Value wise my night was free so you can't beat it for free. Room only had a shower...no bathtub....so it was difficult to give my 2 year old a bath. But compared to the average reviews I was very pleased.

• Stayed June 2013
Irwin, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

What a great place. Everything about the Fairfield Inn was perfect. It was easy to find, close to the park and only a month old.

When the four of us walked into the lobby at around 11am, we were all promptly greeted by several of the front desk staff. Our king room with a pull-out was not ready when we arrived, so they locked our bags away in a storage closet and off to Hershey Park we went. I'd like to thank Quincy at the front desk for recommending that we take a 2 mile drive down Hockersvile Road to the GIANT Foodmart for discounted tickets. Each adult ticket was discounted by $15 and a junior by $2 and if you bought 2 adult tickets, you got a free parking voucher too. So Quincy saved us close to $60...Thanks again Quincy.

After a long day at the park, it was nice to come back to a warm welcome again. The staff asked our children all about their day and wished them a good night. We were extremely surprised when we opened our door (508), because the room was unlike anything we've seen before. It was very spacious for the 4 of us and had plenty of places to just sit and relax. The sofa was very comfortable and the matching ottoman felt good when we put up our feet. There was also a large work area with a very comfortable office-type chair and 2 large flat screen televisions. One in the living area and the other in the bedroom area. I also liked how the wall that divided the living area from the work area did not touch the ceiling. This allowed the A/C to circulate through both rooms and did not freeze the kids as they slept on the pull-out.

Our king bed was most inviting and my wife and I both got a long un-interupted sleep. Even our 12 and 7 year olds liked the pull-out. They both said, "it was great and we didn't have that bar-thing across our backs all night". Additionally the bathroom was laid-out very well and had a lot of space...and was clean and odor-free.

In the morning we went down to the complementary breakfast, and were immediately greeted with handshakes and big smiles from Harry and Mary. Harry showed us where everything was and made sure that we were well taken care of. As we sat there eating, we noticed that he greeted every guest with the same level of enthusiasm and care, and as guests left the large eating area he wished them a good day and safe travels.

We are so glad that we booked this hotel at the last moment and will absolutely be coming back to this location again and again. The property was beautiful, but it was the staff that made the difference. I hope as the years go by that they can keep up this high-level of customer service. Great job Fairfield staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
CISHersheyADOS, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Wow...we are pleased that you have taken the time to review our hotel....as you know we are new and really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your visit.

The customer service we provide to our guests comes from the heart…and a superior staff. I will certainly share all your wonderful comments with the staff and thank you again for letting us know about your visit with us in Hershey, Pa

See you soon and have a great summer!
West Babylon, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Brand new hotel, minutes from Hershey Park. Rooms are beautiful and have a nice layout. Beds are very comfy. The free breakfast was great and the people who work there are really helpful and friendly. We loved everything but the pool. We loved that it was salt water so no bad chlorine smell, but it was just too small. Other than that, we loved everything else about this hotel and would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Garwood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We decided to take a trip to Hershey Park spur of the moment over Memorial Day weekend. After searching the typical Days and Comfort Inns, I found this hotel, less than 2 miles from the park. (I think I booked it Thursday.)

We had a king suite (king plus sleeper sofa) for a family of 5. While the room was slightly on the small side, the advantage was having 2 TVs. Decor is modern. Bright oranges and blues - not my personal style, but nice. Another reviewer mentioned that the bathroom needed a fan, and it definitely does. Sheets were a little on the rough side, but clean, and I wasn't expecting a heavenly bed. Also, someone mentioned the area of town it's in, but I thought it was fine (it's right off Chocolate Way on a side street behind a CVS.) But other than that, no complaints. The room has a fridge and microwave which is nice with kids. We had a room next to the elevator, and it was not noisy at all.

We took advantage of all amenities, including the indoor pool, workout room (2 nice treadmills and a bike), and the complementary hot and cold breakfast, (make your own waffles, scrambled eggs, oatmeal - they were out of sausage and chocolate milk this morning). However, I do recommend that you get to breakfast earlier, rather than later because there are the people who just like to get all they can eat because it's free. (And I hate buffets once they're all picked over!) The hotel is brand new so everything is nice and clean.

For a value hotel, I would highly recommend. I mean, it's not the The Hotel Hershey ;) but the kids could care less, and they had a great time. You can't go wrong with a Marriott!

• Stayed May 2013
Hamilton Square, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Marriott's done a great job upgrading their Fairfield Inn model. The hotel is now 1 month old. Great location for visiting Hershey Park and other local favors. Staff was very friendly. The hotel is quite modern and energizing. Fresh, new, but not sterile. The rooms come with a nice work area and an ergonomic chair as opposed to those old wooden chairs back in the early Fairfield days. A small refrigerator and microwave is in every room. The fitness center has brand new Lifefitness equipment (2 treadmills and 1 elliptical). There are also free weights and a bench. Nice pool with a handicap access. Lobby and eating areas are quite spacious. Very nice complimentary breakfast which includes scrambled eggs, pork sausage patties, hard boiled eggs, yogurts. make your own waffles, 4 cold cereals from dispensers, oatmeal, coffee, tea, juices and breads/cakes. The manager of the breakfast area is very friendly and welcomes everyone. The rating is as it pertains to other hotels in its category. The only negative I could find were the floors and walls being quite thin. I could hear the people above me moving around and using their bathroom.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue? Share your experiences!