“Great location, great value!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
Garwood, New Jersey
“Great location, great value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We decided to take a trip to Hershey Park spur of the moment over Memorial Day weekend. After searching the typical Days and Comfort Inns, I found this hotel, less than 2 miles from the park. (I think I booked it Thursday.)

We had a king suite (king plus sleeper sofa) for a family of 5. While the room was slightly on the small side, the advantage was having 2 TVs. Decor is modern. Bright oranges and blues - not my personal style, but nice. Another reviewer mentioned that the bathroom needed a fan, and it definitely does. Sheets were a little on the rough side, but clean, and I wasn't expecting a heavenly bed. Also, someone mentioned the area of town it's in, but I thought it was fine (it's right off Chocolate Way on a side street behind a CVS.) But other than that, no complaints. The room has a fridge and microwave which is nice with kids. We had a room next to the elevator, and it was not noisy at all.

We took advantage of all amenities, including the indoor pool, workout room (2 nice treadmills and a bike), and the complementary hot and cold breakfast, (make your own waffles, scrambled eggs, oatmeal - they were out of sausage and chocolate milk this morning). However, I do recommend that you get to breakfast earlier, rather than later because there are the people who just like to get all they can eat because it's free. (And I hate buffets once they're all picked over!) The hotel is brand new so everything is nice and clean.

For a value hotel, I would highly recommend. I mean, it's not the The Hotel Hershey ;) but the kids could care less, and they had a great time. You can't go wrong with a Marriott!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Hamilton Square, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Marriott's done a great job upgrading their Fairfield Inn model. The hotel is now 1 month old. Great location for visiting Hershey Park and other local favors. Staff was very friendly. The hotel is quite modern and energizing. Fresh, new, but not sterile. The rooms come with a nice work area and an ergonomic chair as opposed to those old wooden chairs back in the early Fairfield days. A small refrigerator and microwave is in every room. The fitness center has brand new Lifefitness equipment (2 treadmills and 1 elliptical). There are also free weights and a bench. Nice pool with a handicap access. Lobby and eating areas are quite spacious. Very nice complimentary breakfast which includes scrambled eggs, pork sausage patties, hard boiled eggs, yogurts. make your own waffles, 4 cold cereals from dispensers, oatmeal, coffee, tea, juices and breads/cakes. The manager of the breakfast area is very friendly and welcomes everyone. The rating is as it pertains to other hotels in its category. The only negative I could find were the floors and walls being quite thin. I could hear the people above me moving around and using their bathroom.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

New meant not worn out- so that was a good thing.

The hotel is hidden behind a CVS off Chocolate Ave. The rest of the neghborhood it is in hasn't caught up yet. The staff was friendly and quick checking us in . We had a CLEAN suite on the end of the first floor with a view of Dolly's laundromat. We could smell cooking in the morning too and that wasn't necessarily a good thing. You could hear people running on the floor above us while in bed at night. Also not a great thing. I wasn't sure if the towels were towels or bath mats, but alas they were towels. While we are talking about the bathroom...there was no fan and no hair dryer. To expedite getting ready in the morning I tried to use the mirror in the living space to dry hair (with my own dryer) but there wasn't an outlet close enough to reach the mirror so bring an extension cord to go with your dryer. Breakfast in the morning was in a large, bright room and the attendants started off friendly and engaging. Everything looked good and tasted fine until we got up to leave and saw all three waffle stations had exploded over the floor. The mess was coned off, but I didn't see any of the attendants anymore.

We weren't in the place 12hours and it was fine for that length of time. The prices in the Hershey area are just crazy. $259 was a bargain compared to other places but still wish I could rate more than average for that amount of money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
CISHersheyADOS, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
We are pleased that you have taken the time to review our hotel. Your comments are extremely important to us and we share them with our staff. We are a new hotel so any feedback to improve the customer experience is greatly appreciated.
We hope to see you back in Hershey!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night for business, as it is close to the Hershey Company. This is a new property and the room was clean, the shower had good pressure, fellow at front desk was friendly, free wifi in my room, and the lobby is nicely done. The basics are covered. That's about it. Pet peeve perhaps, but they had no bottled water for sale in the lobby store or in the room...manager said that they didn't receive a delivery. We arrived late, and I was placed in a ground floor room right off the lobby (not ideal for female business traveler.) Glad I had not hoped to sleep in, as sounds and smells from breakfast activity in lobby crept in around 6:30 am. The linens (sheets and towels) are lower end quality and I don't anticipate they will fare well over time. Overall, acceptable, but certainly didn't wow me.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

After spending 10 hours in the car we couldn't wait to get to our hotel. We called to get directions & found out that I made our reservation at the wrong Fairfield. We were able to get it switched to this location. This hotel is great! Being brand new is a major plus. The staff is great. We were tired & hungry. The thought of getting back into the car didn't appeal to us. Tyler @ the front desk recommended Bella Italia because they deliver. Great choice! We enjoyed a great dinner in the comfort of our spacious suite. Glad we are spending three nights here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CISHersheyADOS, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
We are pleased that you have taken the time to review our hotel. Driving for 10 hours is difficult and tiring and we are pleased that we could assist you with all your needs once you arrived at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Hershey Chocolate Avenue.

The customer service we provide to our guests comes from the heart…and a superior staff. Yes we are very proud of our staff and all the amenities we have to offer you our valued guest.
arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Once again, I'll start off by saying that I don't like the Marriott hotel chain. It seems to me the overall quality of the chain is decreasing so that is why this hotel gets 4 stars. That said, it's currently a great place to stay. I'm not sure it is going to hold up but they'll be other Tripadvisor reviews that will keep you posted. Here are the current pros and cons of staying at this hotel.

Pros: the hotel has been opened less than a month so it is very clean with new decor (bright, eclectic), beds, bedding, towels. That's always nice. The beds were comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. It is very close to the Hershey Lodge...less than a mile away, so it is an excellent option if you have a conference at the lodge and don't want to spend the big bucks. There is a pharmacy around the corner. It was quiet but then again, it wasn't crowded. It has a decent breakfast.

Cons: I didn't really notice any cons. Okay, the lay out of the rooms are a little funky. The closet is really small and located on the wall next to the bed. No big deal, just weird.

Like I said before, I'm not sure how long it will hold up but it may be a great option for a long time to come.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your pros and cons concerning your visit with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey. Yes you are correct we are new has of 5 weeks and our goal is to give the best customer service possible. That is why we appreciate all feedback….and evaluate it to improve our standard for you the guests.

We hope you return to the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Hershey Chocolate Avenue... located in the sweetest place on earth.
Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

First let me say that this is a new property and so the rooms are clean. That is the only positive. The rooms are small. Walls are paper thin and you hear everything in the halls and adjacent rooms. Front desk staff is nice but management is indifferent. I asked for a drinking glass. They have none. The manager claimed this is a Marriott standard. I've stayed at many Marriott. I can usually get a glass. Meanwhile they had a reception for the investors and a table full of glasses. But they were unwilling to allow a guest to use one. Clearly they value the investors more than the guest. Location is seedy. Across the street is a rundown bar and a hotel that is very questionable. I would not walk the streets at night. So if you have a choice, might want to second guess this place. When the new wears off it will be a complete dive.

• Stayed April 2013
The management and staff at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey appreciate all the comments we receive from our valued guests. Our goal is to give the best customer service possible so we appreciate all feedback….and evaluate it to improve our standard for you the guests.

We hope you visit with us in the future!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue? Share your experiences!