“Big Friendlys” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert
Syracuse, New York
“Big Friendlys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

This was a very nice Friendly's. The dining room was very large. The service was great, the restaurant was clean and the food came out quickly and was delicious!

Visited January 2012

Palmyra, PA
“Go for the burgers, not for the Ice Cream”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

Friendly's is a family restaurant known for it's ice cream. The ice cream, in my opinion, is not the highlight, of this place but rather the burgers are! It's hard to find a bigger, juicer burger for about $8! The waffle fries are great! The Fishamajig fish sandwich is really good as well as the Supermelt sandwiches. The only entree meal I'd try would be the fried fish, which is good. Frankly, this sort of place shouldn't even have meals on the menu. The kids love Friendlys because you get a lot of choices and they get a sundae with their meals. At this visit to Friendlys on a Saturday late afternoon we found the waiting area to be packed. We were told that there was a 15 minute wait. With two kids and a hungry husband that was the outer limit of acceptable, but we decided to stay. When 15 minutes were up the hostess announces that the kitchen is behind and she's not allowed to seat anyone until they catch up and it'll be another 15-20 minutes! This was poor business and totally unacceptable to make people stand there and wait when there were lots of empty booths. By this point every other restaurant would have been full as well so we elected to wait. Thank heavens 5 minutes later we were seated and had prompt service! The service is usually pretty good and the food is hot and good. Don't go during the busy summer tourist season or on Saturday nights when there are hockey games in town, but we do enjoy Friendly's. As an ice cream lover, the ice cream is my least favorite part of Friendly's. Expensive and not very exciting, the best flavor by far is "Nuts Over Caramel". If you're out of town, worth going to -- not a lot of places in Hershey to choose from and this is convenient.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Not a good choice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

While visiting Hershey World we stopped here for breakfast. When we arrived we were seated quickly, server approached very soon after. I asked her what was fast ( I am diabetic and had taken medication prior to entering) She said "nothing is fast." She also let us know that a table of 15 had just ordered so there would be a delay. I ordered quickly and she brought out my pancakes with the drinks so that I would not have a blood sugar problem. We didn't expect it to take so long. In fact, our food came out at 11:23 and we had ordered at 10:35. We only had bacon and eggs with pancakes. Server kept disappearing, never got the glass of water I asked for when my food arrived. Had to ask again when she came to bring the check (which was the only time she came back)

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hampton, Virginia
“Horrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

Expected better from a Friendlys, not sure how this one stays in business. Waited at the front for awhile for the missing hostess. Eventually got seated in a booth that had spiders and cobwebs and a dirty table. After waiting 10 minutes i went to track down our waiter. After ordering, we waited 15 minutes for drinks, another 35 minutes for the appetizer and then 15 minutes after that for our food. Food was cold. Had to track down the hostess for silverware for us and the 3 other tables in the back room. Do not waste your time or money eating here...horrible, horrible service, sub-par food.

• Visited September 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Clifton Forge, Virginia
“This Friendly's ISN'T!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

We came in there, and there was no one to greet us, no one at the desk, I thought it was closed! I went in to the restroom while my family waited to be seated. When I returned, they were still there! I was about to tell them to leave when the hostess finally decided to show up. When I told her there were 7 of us (my sister and her family plus me and my two sons) she rolled her eyes like she was doing us a favor by seating us. Ahe all but threw our menus at us. I glanced at the menu, then at the family, and we promptly left. I learned afterwards the another person was seated before them and our party was ignored. The restaurant was mostly empty, by the way. I can see why!
We've been to a Friendly's in Chesapeake, VA , and they were nothing but courteous to us. The manager even came over and was nice to us. So needless to say I was appalled at the rudeness we were hit with here.

• Visited August 2011