“It really was excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
What If of Hershey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 75 Restaurants in Hershey
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Contemporary, Eclectic
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street Hershey
Ithaca, New York
“It really was excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a place to dine in Hershey, and based on Trip Advisor reviews, this sounded good. We arrived at7:00 PM on 10/19/13, with no reservations in place. Despite not having a reservation the hostess kindly found us a table in just 15 minutes or so. We happily waited for her in the bar. The bar was packed, but the bartender did a good job taking care of us. Once seated, Tara, our server was prompt and friendly. She was one of the best servers that I've ever had. She helped me choose my entree, and the cheese tortellini (with Alfredo sauce) did not disappoint. My wife had the chicken cacciatore over angel hair, and loved it also. We had no room for dessert and skipped coffee as we usually do.
In the end, this is one of the best overall dining experiences I've ever had. The hostess (who's name I sadly don't have), and especially Tara,our waitress, deserve a great deal of credit for making this such a great experience.....and the great food didn't hurt either. We'll definitely be back!!

Visited October 2013

Athens, PA
“Did not live up to reviews on Tripadvisor.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

After reading the reviews of What If, I was excited for a fine dining experience. However this is not what I found. I thought it was very average, mediocre, certainly NOT what I would consider fine dining. Having said that, I must admit the filet (rare) was truly one of the best I have ever had. However, with the filet, the sides truly disappointed. The mashed potatoes were the size of a golf ball, I believe there was a maximum of four sprigs of asparagus on the plate. Presentation was very bland. Service was average, I did not feel the servers were particularly attentive, but they were adequate. The atmosphere was noisy, I would not recommend this for a romantic evening for two.

Overall it was disappointing. This is NOT fine dining in any sense of the phrase. I would not recommend it and do not plan to return. There are definitely other venues in Hershey comparable in price and have exceeded my expectations in the past. I actually stopped at Sheetz on the way back to the hotel for a snack as I was still hungry.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Homerun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This was our first time here and it was wonderful. Luckily, I made reservations first because the restaurant was packed. The food was absolutely delicious from the bruschetta appetizer, to the entrees, dessert and wine. Our server, Erin, was very friendly and attentive. This is not the place for a quiet dinner, but if you want excellent food and excellent service, this is the place for you.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hendersonville, Tennessee
“Loved it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We came to town for a wedding and stayed at Hojo's hoping for a nice but not over the top hotel expense....great choice in hotel and what a wonderful surprise What if's. One of the most friendliest places to go to. We sat at the bar and Dennis gave us the best service and quick with a joke and cocktail!! Can't wait to go back one day!

Visited October 2013
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Off The Hook”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Best experience my wife and I have had in a long while. The food from appetizer to dessert was outstanding! The service was over the top. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited September 2013