“Catered Event” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
What If of Hershey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 67 restaurants in Hershey
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Contemporary, Eclectic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street Hershey
Annville, Pennsylvania
“Catered Event”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I usually don't take the time to review restaurants, but I thought I would just write a quick note to tell everyone who may considering using What If for a catered event that the food was excellent. I attended an event last night in which there was a buffet menu and I was amazed at how good the food was...especially the beef. I had been at another catered event the night before at one of the areas prominent venues and the food was just average. I will suggest What If for the next catered event in which I am involved.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

86% Recommend
“Enjoyable Hershey Meal...one of our best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by a friend. It's in the lower level of the Howard Johnson Motel. It does not appear to be affiliated.

Parking was tight, however plenty of room inside.

My wife and I had a good dinner and I think one of the best eaten while in Hershey.

I ate a Romaine salad with blue cheese, and it was fine. Nothing special. My wife had a salad that i do not remember but she enjoyed the salad.

French bread with olives and a dipping sauce. I would have like a thin crusty crust on my French bread. This was not. It was served sliced, in a basket, cold.

My main course was Veal Marsala. The marsala sauce was tasty, thin pounded veal with mushrooms, sides included mashed potatoes and asparagus. I actually ordered something else and saw this being served and switched my order. Nice traditional presentation and same with flavor.

My wife had a Salmon special which she enjoyed.

The restrooms could have been cleaner. I took note. It was a busy weekend in Hershey, however it's not the first.

We would return and will again next year.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Phila
“Amazing Food/Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were all blown away by the quality and taste of the food at this restaurant. We had the crab dip to start, came in a bread bowl. The lump crab in that crab dip was huge! My sisters had the crab alfredo, again huge lumps of crab, and the sauce was excellent. I had the chicken parmesan, perfectly cooked with fresh mozzarella. My mother had the cippino, she was floored by the amount of fresh tasting seafood. The service was excellent as well. I know our waitress was new to your restaurant but she did a fabulous job. One visit and you will be hooked. We will be back next year.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
FL Keys
“Delivers less than it looks and promises.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

On the basis of TA reviews we tried What If and it looked good - attractive dining area, very good menu, nice selection of wines and attentive service. However, if you know that veal saltimboca is a veal scallop with prosciutto sauteed in sage butter, you might be disappointed with a veal scallop with marsala and mushroom gravy. The waiter didn't know - he just took our order and delivered what the kitchen produced. He did bring the manager who said "That's the way we cook it." Of course that was the end of the conversation. Who wants to argue. So, if you go, just be careful what you order - it will probably be good, but in my case it was not.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Stopped by today and Steve has returned, Steve is an awesome bar tender and server, great to see you back Steve.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This resteraunt is a crown jewel of Hershey, this place has the most consistent great food around. I love the fact they done give you a card telling you to go to trip advisor and give them a review. They let you decide that for yourself. Love this place :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to What If of Hershey? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage What If of Hershey, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.