“Were treated like family room condition matches price but service was with a smile ...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Hershey

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Hershey to your Saves list
Super 8 Hershey
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   210 Hockersville Road, Hershey, PA 17033 (Formerly Red Carpet Inn Hershey)   |
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

Overall, This motel is one of the best economical motel under $68 + Tax (cost us half similar others that too on a July Weekend!! Saturday night stay) in 2 miles of Hershey Park entrance and downtown restaurants, can't beat the location you can even walk to Hershey park in 15-20 minutes and be in bed in 30 minutes after being the last one exiting the park at 11:10pm. Tips for future fellow travellers to Hershey ... Other bad reviews may reflect older times before upgrades and rooms matched to price paid via cheap websites Often folks lower the price they want to or can afford to pay but forget to lower their expectations in tandem from their unaffordable 5 star $250+ price condiions. Also many complain but forget #1 rule of hospitality business "Ask for anything you want with a smile and good attitude at any small family run motel and you will find that if available for the price you paid they will meet your needs with a smile in return and treat you like family. We always prefer to overpay a little by going direct to small but well located motels and make our needs known before arrival. Also arrive a bit early to get best room selection. We were given extra towels and pillow upon request instantly. Owner / Operator staff was quite attentive to our needs. As such they are undergoing renovation and the current building will be demolished so the bad reviews would be mute soon. We booked direct and got one of their better rooms and excellent service with a smile we were treated like family they even gave us wonderful tips on Hershey park, and parking too (saved $10 by parking in chocolate world during preview period), recommended downtown area restaurants (celebrated teen daughters birthday at nice Italian restaurant Fenicci's DeAngelis Ristorante (oldest at Hershey) were served dinner with smile even AFTER 11pm and is only half mile from motel). Go with right expectations for the price paid and ask with a smile for great service in return. Good Luck.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
tampa, florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

When i stayed it was for a one night trip to Hershey Park. It was cheap and we weren't there for anything special. We checked in and we werent sure if we in the right place. They gave us the room right next to the office where you check in and there was a door from the office to our room. In the room there was bugs everywhere along with mold in the shower and on the soap. We wanted to put our clothes in the dresser and when we opened the drawer there was toenail clippings in it. It was very gross and disgusting that it was funny. We spent the whole night laughing. At three in the morning we got a call on the phone. We answered it and they hung up. This happened to us 3 times. We found out that it was the office getting revenge on us for laughing at their hotel. Never again in my entire life!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2009
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

I read these reviews before we left. I was laughing so hard at what people had written and I was almost afraid to stay there. Honestly, the reviews were so funny that I decided I had to see for myself so I booked a room. It really wasn't so bad. It appears to be a family run business. Husband and wife (apparently from India) run the place and were very nice and accommodating. In the morning, I saw the Grandfather vaccuuming the rooms while the daughter and son took out the garbage and did the general cleaning. I guess that's why the rooms aren't spotless. They looked to be teens and not too thrilled to be doing what they were doing. My son and I checked in after a full day at Hershey. The room was small but clean. The carpet was sticky so we kept our flip flops on while walking. There were dead bugs in the windowsill but the curtains were closed the whole time so they didn't bother us. The tv worked great, with many stations. The bathroom was clean and the water pressure was more powerful than at any $450/nt place I have stayed. The bed was comfy. We slept well and checked out in the morning. For little more than $50 for the night, I really have no complaints. It's located directly behind Hershey Park so there wasn't a lot of driving in the dark after a long day at the park. If you just want a place to sleep, this is fine.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
MONROE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

I was afraid to stay here after the reviews I read now I know I had reason to be afraid. The place is old and dingy. The room was so small my son and I could barely move around. The bed was comfortable and they did provide donuts and coffee in the am as promised. However even the location, being within 1 mile of hershey does not compensate for this motel. I believe people actually live here and watch all your comings and goings making it very uncomfortable. For the money if your desperate I guess it is alright, but trust me you can find better and feel safer.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
exas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

Help was helpful. Room was cleaned in a reasonable time. Was placed in a smoking room when we requested non-smoking. Was really a bad smell--had to purchase air freshner to eliminate some of it. Carpets were not real clean and needed to be nailed down. We were in an upstairs room and the stairs were very rickety. The landing at the top of the stairs also needed to be replaced.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
tunafan2
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

We stayed here for 1 night June 26. Had originally planned to stay for 2 nights but due to obligations at home, had to cut the trip short. The desk manager was very polite and refunded the 2nd night with no problems. We stayed in corner room on bottom floor. Room was VERY CLEAN and large. Family visited us for dinner in our room and with a total of 7 people in the room we still had ample space. Room had 2 queen beds, table and 2 chairs, large dresser, sleeper sofa, TV, frig, microwave. Air conditioner worked perfectly, in fact we had to turn it down it got so cold. Bathroom was VERY CLEAN. The tub was so clean that I was able to soak in the tub. Rate was perfect ($75 a night). Location is great. We were worried after reading the other reviews but, honestly, I have no complaints at all.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Ashland, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

Perhaps. The room was very dim, wasn't all that clean (the floor heat register had cobwebs all over it), the bed was lopsided, the desk was in rough, rough shape, and heck, the carpet wasn't even red! The ceiling was sagging, had stains all over it. But it did include a minifridge, and the water pressure: woah. I think I still have welts on me from showering. It was cheap, but it should have been a bit cheaper for what it was. I guess it's okay for one night if you're not spending lots of time there. But I'd suggest somewhere else... sorry, Red Carpet Inn!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Hershey? Share your experiences!