“IF YOU LIKE GROSS, THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Carpet Inn Hershey

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
Red Carpet Inn Hershey
210 Hockersville Road, Hershey, PA 17033   |
Ranked #20 of 24 hotels in Hershey
tampa, florida
“IF YOU LIKE GROSS, THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

When i stayed it was for a one night trip to Hershey Park. It was cheap and we weren't there for anything special. We checked in and we werent sure if we in the right place. They gave us the room right next to the office where you check in and there was a door from the office to our room. In the room there was bugs everywhere along with mold in the shower and on the soap. We wanted to put our clothes in the dresser and when we opened the drawer there was toenail clippings in it. It was very gross and disgusting that it was funny. We spent the whole night laughing. At three in the morning we got a call on the phone. We answered it and they hung up. This happened to us 3 times. We found out that it was the office getting revenge on us for laughing at their hotel. Never again in my entire life!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2009

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

I read these reviews before we left. I was laughing so hard at what people had written and I was almost afraid to stay there. Honestly, the reviews were so funny that I decided I had to see for myself so I booked a room. It really wasn't so bad. It appears to be a family run business. Husband and wife (apparently from India) run the place and were very nice and accommodating. In the morning, I saw the Grandfather vaccuuming the rooms while the daughter and son took out the garbage and did the general cleaning. I guess that's why the rooms aren't spotless. They looked to be teens and not too thrilled to be doing what they were doing. My son and I checked in after a full day at Hershey. The room was small but clean. The carpet was sticky so we kept our flip flops on while walking. There were dead bugs in the windowsill but the curtains were closed the whole time so they didn't bother us. The tv worked great, with many stations. The bathroom was clean and the water pressure was more powerful than at any $450/nt place I have stayed. The bed was comfy. We slept well and checked out in the morning. For little more than $50 for the night, I really have no complaints. It's located directly behind Hershey Park so there wasn't a lot of driving in the dark after a long day at the park. If you just want a place to sleep, this is fine.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
MONROE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

I was afraid to stay here after the reviews I read now I know I had reason to be afraid. The place is old and dingy. The room was so small my son and I could barely move around. The bed was comfortable and they did provide donuts and coffee in the am as promised. However even the location, being within 1 mile of hershey does not compensate for this motel. I believe people actually live here and watch all your comings and goings making it very uncomfortable. For the money if your desperate I guess it is alright, but trust me you can find better and feel safer.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
exas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

Help was helpful. Room was cleaned in a reasonable time. Was placed in a smoking room when we requested non-smoking. Was really a bad smell--had to purchase air freshner to eliminate some of it. Carpets were not real clean and needed to be nailed down. We were in an upstairs room and the stairs were very rickety. The landing at the top of the stairs also needed to be replaced.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
tunafan2
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

We stayed here for 1 night June 26. Had originally planned to stay for 2 nights but due to obligations at home, had to cut the trip short. The desk manager was very polite and refunded the 2nd night with no problems. We stayed in corner room on bottom floor. Room was VERY CLEAN and large. Family visited us for dinner in our room and with a total of 7 people in the room we still had ample space. Room had 2 queen beds, table and 2 chairs, large dresser, sleeper sofa, TV, frig, microwave. Air conditioner worked perfectly, in fact we had to turn it down it got so cold. Bathroom was VERY CLEAN. The tub was so clean that I was able to soak in the tub. Rate was perfect ($75 a night). Location is great. We were worried after reading the other reviews but, honestly, I have no complaints at all.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Ashland, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

Perhaps. The room was very dim, wasn't all that clean (the floor heat register had cobwebs all over it), the bed was lopsided, the desk was in rough, rough shape, and heck, the carpet wasn't even red! The ceiling was sagging, had stains all over it. But it did include a minifridge, and the water pressure: woah. I think I still have welts on me from showering. It was cheap, but it should have been a bit cheaper for what it was. I guess it's okay for one night if you're not spending lots of time there. But I'd suggest somewhere else... sorry, Red Carpet Inn!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

We selected the Red Carpet Inn for a post-Hershey Park place to stay. Overall, this was one of my least favorite hotels that we have stayed at. Here are the highlights.

PROS

Low cost (we paid $54/night which includes tax)
Great location (about 2 miles from Hershey Park)
Refrigerator and microwave in room

CONS

The place is dingy, dark and has a run-down feel to it
The room had an unpleasant/musty smell
Stained rugs
Generally clean room, but some things were noticeably dirty (dirty hand marks on doors, dirty windows)
Rough towels (and not enough of them)
A rock HARD bed (I slept like crap)
Only 2 pillows (1 per person)
No blankets (just sheets and an uncomfortable bedspread)

My final appraisal of this hotel is this: if CHEAP is your main objective, it's okay, esp. if you can tolerate a really firm bed. But otherwise, I'd recommend looking elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Carpet Inn Hershey? Share your experiences!