Maybe my expectations are too high. Maybe as a Gold Elite Member I’m just used to my needs being taken care of by Marriott. Maybe I’m just getting old and crotchety. But then again, maybe this property needs to pay more attention to detail.
• Location is GREAT. A few miles down the road from all of the Hershey park attractions and facilities. It is an undeveloped area, so there is nothing other than the hotel, the car museum and an ice cream stand, but in terms of accessibility to the highway, park and parking the property is in a primo spot.
• Front Desk staff is courteous enough, but not necessarily warm or helpful. I was put in a room on the first floor which is unacceptable as my member profile indicates upper floor preference. I understand that a preference is not necessarily a guarantee, but considering there were rooms on the second floor available, it is simply unacceptable for this to have happened. An oversight by the staff, maybe. A lazy staff, maybe. Staying over 50 nights a year at Marriott properties, I come to expect attention to details and in this case I think they came up short.
• Breakfast: standard free breakfast fare, but the staff is OUTSTANDING at keeping the place clean and organized. With as many families and small children that they have running around the property- especially at breakfast time, it is a chore for the staff to keep things clean. There were two young ladies who handled their job responsibilities not only capably, but with sincere grace and professionalism. Imagine having to clean up not only after your own kids, but of 40 other kids. And having to do it quietly, quickly and with a smile- that’s what they do. Oh and by the way people, just because its free doesn’t mean you shouldn’t TIP.
• Rooms are fine and beds were fine. Ipod dock alarm clocks are always a nice touch.
• Pool is indoors, but works well on a rainy afternoon.
• Marketplace has supplies and snacks that you might need. Free coffee and fruit infused water is a nice perk in the lobby.
Overall, it’s a good property. Considering the rates that are available in Hershey, you can’t go wrong with this property. Less expensive than the Lodge, but pricier than the motels off the highway. I probably do have high expectations, but the property should strive to be the best, and I hope they do.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your SpringHill Suites Hershey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Hershey Hotel Hershey
- Hershey Springhill Suites