“Overbooked but nice staff” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Mobile Check-In
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
Baltimore, Md
“Overbooked but nice staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We booked a room but didn't get to stay as they were overbooked. They offered us a free night at a nearby residence inn so we took it.they still gave us the big candy bar so we were happy all around. Next to an antique car museum.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Lewisburg, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I picked this hotel for our two-night Hershey visit last weekend because it looked like it was close to the park and because I would get Marriott reward points. Big mistake. I should have paid the extra $150 for Hotel Hershey. Or really anyplace else. The place looks like a really old, tiny Hampton Inn on the outside. That was the first bad sign. But then the elevator (only ONE and hopelessly slow) and the rooms... ut oh! the "suite" was only one skinny room with one tv between the small, plastic, uncomfortable couch and the two queen beds, so that you really couldn't see the tv from either space. The room was dark, even when we turned on all of the (flourescent) lights. The air conditioning unit was inches ... no, centimeters, away from one of the beds. So my husband froze whie I was warm-ish all night. The place was clean, I guess. How could I tell with the dark navy carpet and the dim, haunted-house lights? I guess maybe the little refridgerator worked; I had to turn it off because it was working so loudly. We skipped the breakfast. And then there's that sad indoor pool, which you must pass to get to the ONE elevator. The one positive thing I can say is that all of the front desk staff with whom I had contact were very friendly and helpful. Parking WAS convenient. And all I wanted to do the whole time I was there was run to my car, get in, drive off, and never come back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Picky0
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

SpringHill Suites was a perfect place to stay with kids to enjoy Hershey Park, The location was very convenient to the park as well as nearby restaurants and shopping for last minute items. The rooms easily accommodated a family. The free breakfast was decent, the fitness center and pool were nice enough, the rooms were clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. We were part of a group of three families that stayed for a weekend and we all agreed we would stay here again next time we come.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ALR73
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

while it is true that the rates are on the high side and the breakfast selection could be better and they tend to run out of food very quickly til they fill it up again, the coffee was very good which is a must, the staff was very nice and the suite i was in was very clean and comfortable which was very important to me. i would stay there again if i returned to hershey in the future.

1 Thank 86robert
Freehold, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel with my wife and three daughters. It was roughly $100 less than "The Lodge" at Hershey Park and one room can accomodate 5 people. The hotel room was clean and comfortable, but like others, all the public areas have a HEAVY chlorine smell. The pool area is pretty run down (stained floors, generally old feel) which is too bad as that is one of may kids' favorite parts of hotel stays. The pool was super chlorinated and the air began to irritate our eyes after about 15 minutes in the pool area. While it was not an inexpensive hotel by any means for what you get, it is certainly a better value than the two hotels associated with the actual park, and can accomodate 5 in a single room. The staff was very helpful and accomodating with extra towels in our room and at the pool. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor and the chlorine smell in the hallway was not too bad.
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I had a multi-day golf event at one of Hershey Collection golf courses so I chose this hotel since it was within eye sight of the course. The staff is friendly and competent. The breakfast is a small notch above a continental breakfast. Basically, it will tide you over til mid-morning - one less thing to worry about. The rooms are clean and on the new side with nice clean carpets and bathrooms which do not show any sign of old age. The sinks are outside of the bathrooms which I have never liked however. Also, the rooms had new flat screen tv's.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Bayport, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I am silver level Marriott rewards so I used a free room certificate. If I had spent the more than $200 a night they typically charge I would have been disappointed. The location was great, the staff was pleasant and helpful. It's just that the facility and the room was just not worthy of such a high price. The pros: less than five minute drive to Hershey Park, plenty of parking, free Wi-Fi, room fit five comfortably. The cons: facility looked a bit worn, indoor pool very small, breakfast was just OK and was not able to keep up with the number of people.

1 Thank Dbug62
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hershey
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
#5 of 24 in Hershey
4.0 of 5 stars 270 reviews
Howard Johnson Inn Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park

Been to SpringHill Suites Hershey? Share your experiences!