“Nice hotel, located close to park” 3 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
Rochester, New York
1,467 reviews 1,467 reviews
“Nice hotel, located close to park”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

The Springhill Suites in Hershey was a pretty decent hotel that was located relatively close to the Hershey Park tourist attractions. It was a decent place to sleep, although it offered relatively few luxuries for the price paid, which was over $200/night. The hotel itself was pretty crowded, although the noise level was very acceptable for the level of fullness. I found the complimentary breakfast to be acceptable as well, although it offered very little that other hotels of this price range should provide.

Overall, I would return to this hotel, although I might also be tempted to look around and see what else was available as well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
East Moriches, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed here last year when we visited Hersheypark and thought it was pretty decent. We chose this hotel bc I had marriott reward points that I wanted to use and it was close to the park. We experienced a bad "free breakfast" experience last year too, but figured it was the first time so what can we expect..it's free and not a 5 star hotel. So now this year, we were going to Hershey again and didn't want to pay the prices that the hershey hotel and lodge were charging especially since we were in the park from open to close and barely in the room, so we decided to stay here again despite the breakfast situation last year. Well everything got worse this year. Parents allowing kids at like midnight to run up and down the hallways being loud. They removed one of the television sets they had in the "bedroom area" last year. The refrigerator was not on when we got there so the juices/waters that we brought couldn't stay cold. Our room was one that joined with another so that was creepy. The breakfast was worse, they don't offer pancakes, or bacon, no chocolate milk offered, no fruit offered except rotten apples which is not exactly a summer fruit anyway. Plus they were always out of food when we got there!!! They barely refill the food, they can't keep up with it at all and work very slowly with pusses on their faces as they do it. what do they expect, there are tons of people with kids staying there to go to hershey, they shouldn't offer it if they can't do it right. why wouldn't they have kid friendly food at a hotel that will be having a lot of families come there? I had to at one point go up to the front desk and ask the manager to intervene which he did, although he was hesitant at first to help. you can never find a table or a clean table and everyone has to keep going to the door where they are preparing the food to tell them we were out of something, first no waffles in the tray, empty spots where muffins should be, no more oj, rotten fruit....and the list goes on and on.everyone was unhappy, but of course i'm the only one who did something about it by getting the mgr involved. again, we are on our way to get to hersheypark quickly, i don't know how they don't realize that you want to get in and get out! when you get there, there should be food at a free breakfast, not too much to ask!!! When the kids were younger we used to go to sesame place and stay at the residence inn which is a marriott and they have an unbelievable breakfast. what a shame. free breakfast might bring people in at first but at this place it won't keep them for long. another horrible thing is that my debit card had 3 entries on it totaling 500 or more when it should have only been 250 bc of something in the computer and some bs about incidentals so when i got back i had to spend about an hour on the phone trying to get that resolved. what a disaster, don't bother going here, it's a waste of time and you will be sorry as we were.

Middletown CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The term suite is really misplaced, there is absolutely no physical separation between the sleeping area and the sitting area. The price points are set at a suite level, I think more needs to be done to bring the rooms up to that price point. Even a plastic slider would have been convenient in getting the kids to bed without the parents having to shut everything down at the same time.

The rooms are heated and cooled by one of those really annoying and impossible to set window unit heat pump/air conditioners and in a room with two queen beds somebody, in other words me, is going to be sleeping so close to it you should buy it dinner first. I despise these units but they are everywhere.

The rooms however are a good size and we were able to keep three kids and two parents sane for three nights.

The staff was fantastic, even with the throng of kids tearing into the breakfast items every morning the staff worked hard in their tiny little kitchen to keep up. The housekeeping and desk staff were always very friendly and helpful.

The rooms are super quiet, there were four kids in the room next door including an infant and I never heard them once they entered the room. Either they were the best behaved kids on the planet and I'm a failure as a parent or the soundproofing between rooms is first rate. To keep my ego healthy I'll go with the good soundproofing, really nice and quiet.

The pool has a relatively high chlorine level, if you want to make any real use of it I suggest goggles to avoid burning eyes especially for kids. The whirlpool is a welcome break after a day of chasing the little bugg... I mean, darlings around the park.

The best feature of this hotel is the location, it's a straight drive to Hershey Park and it's very convenient to the rest of Hershey.

West Orange, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because I wanted to try something diffrent. I was traveling with my husband and my 3 children. The hotel itself is very nice (interior and exterior). The room was spacious (we stayed on the third floor). It accomodated a family of 5. We had two queen sized beds, and a pull out sofabed (which worked well for my son). I was a little disapointed with the breakfast selection (not much of a variety), they had sausage patties, eggs, limited pastries, and bagels...(No belgium waffles, bacon, fruits)....so we ended up going to a diner in Hummelstown for what we called a "real" breakfast. The location of the hotel is great--about 3 or 4 minutes from Hershey Park and other restaurants in the area. The rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The kids were a litle disapointed about the pool area (a little on the small side), but--they still enjoyed it because it was not crowed. Also, I usually like to select a Hotel that has a game room for the kids, they were also disapointed about that...but--hey the Park had all the games they could ever want, so they weren't too disapoined. Hotel staff was very accomadating when I asked for additional washclothes. Everything worked in the room (airconditioner/TV/microwave)and I was glad about that. If you would like to save money on your food expense...there is a Wendy's, KFC, Applebees, Bob Evans, all in one strip only a few minutes (8 minutes) away in Hummelstown--this saved us on the cost of food in the parks for dinner. We had a very pleasant stay at the SpringHill Suites in Hershey.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

First the good - the staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was quiet, the bed was comfortable, and the location is perfect for visiting Hershey Park.

However, I would look elsewhere if we came to Hershey again. The rooms were very small. I know that use of the word "suite" is exaggerated but our room was smaller than most regular hotel rooms. The two beds were mere inches apart from each other and only a half wall separated the beds from the love seat in the "living area." We were a family of 3 with a friend of our daughter along and there was absolutely no privacy. For $300+, we should have looked at other options.

Room Tip: If you do go, note that the chlorine smell on the first floor is very strong.
Allentown, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed at Springhill Suites in Hershey this past weekend. We paid $269 a night and I can honestly say that what you are paying for here is location, location, location.

Check-in was quick. The staff member checking us in however did not recognize us as Marriott Gold members, which we typically get at every other property we stay at. This is no big deal, but hints at a lack of training. While checking in, there is a heavy smell of chlorine in the lobby. This is due to the proximity of the pool to the lobby. Again, not a big deal, but not sure it is the first thing you want your clients to notice when you enter the building.

When we got to the room, it was clean, but definitely dated. Everything from the tile to the furniture, to the wallpaper, to the bathroom fixtures seemed like it was at least 10-20 years old. The setup is odd. Partial wall separating the sleeping from living area. Flat screen TV on a lazy susan bolted to a cheap nightstand that was placed in a spot that made it difficult to maneuver around the room, especially with the fold out bed open. Another oddity was the location of the toilet paper holder in proximity to the toilet. It's on the wall opposite the toilet, about 2 1/2 feet away. Really?

My wife noticed an odd smell in the room. I noticed it too, but couldn't be sure what it was. We let the front desk know on our way out for the morning. When we came back that afternoon, engineering was in our room. The smell was from the condensation in the dated air conditioning unit. It was pooling in a drip tray and it was stagnant. They used a wet/dry vac to get rid of it and the smell went away, but by that time management had already moved us to another room which didn't have this problem. The man from engineering told us that with the summer being so hot, they've been trying to stay on top of cleaning all the AC units frequently, but it's difficult. New room was basically the same as the first room. AC unit looked newer and there was no smell.

The breakfast provided was average at best. A selection of bad bagels, English muffins, various pastries, "egg patties" (?), turkey sausage, yogurt and oatmeal. It wasn't inedible and it is free, but we've had better offerings at similar properties.

Overall, the staff we dealt with was very nice and accomodating, but that and location will eventally only go so far. At some point, to justify the price of the hotel, they are going to need to upgrade the rooms. There's a newer and slightly more reasonable Springhill Suites in Harrisburg, about 20 minutes away that I will also review. If you can tolerate a short drive, it might be a better option.

Greenlawn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Just got back from the SpringHill Suites Hershey. The location was great, the staff was friendly, the complimentary breakfast was good. The first thing I noticed when walking down the hallways were the filthy carpets. The room was average, not the cleanest I have ever seen. Fine for a family of five to sleep in, but that is it.. just fine. Beds were comfortable. I don't know if I would stay here again, very expensive for what you get.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Hershey? Share your experiences!