“Hidden Gem” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Robesonia, Pennsylvania
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Bella Italia is a gem of an Italian restaurant hidden away in a tiny strip mall (as so many seem to be) that is a much better value than some of its better-known competitors in downtown Hershey. Everything we had was very very good, if not spectacular. This is basic Italian with a few flourishes. Our service was excellent early on a pre-concert crowd Friday evening, and we had nothing to complain about. We would go back in a second. An added bonus is that it's BYO.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Service with a smile .... not!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

The service that we received was terrible from the start. The drink order was so slow to come out that it came out after we received our salads and I had to go up to ask for them. We were not asked if we wanted a refill on our drinks. My daughter's food went to the table next to us so I needed to go up and ask where my daughter's obvious missing dinner was. When I asked to speak with the manager, the owner's son came out instead. Spending the amount of money, there was a total of six at the table, I would have that that more than I'm sorry was needed. This is one place I will not go back to.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Goldvein VA
“TERRIBLE SERVICE AND ATTITUDE!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Some friends and I stopped there last week. The serve was absolutely horrible. Salad was brought out before the drinks, drinks were not refilled, some of our food was given to another table, waitress did not stop by to check if our food was okay.

When we asked for the manager, the owners son came out and told us it was 'so hard to be the owner's son' and did nothing at all to help us out, even if it was to refill our water/sodas.

The food was pedestrian at best, and the veggies in my primiva were overcooked and mushy - not very appettizing.

The locals might like this place, but it seemed if they didn't know you, they didn't care about you.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
USA
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

We tried Bella Italia for the first time a few days ago and could've kicked ourselves for waiting so long. The food was absolutely fabulous. I eat a lot of Italian food and they serve some really good fare at Bella Italia. I ordered carbonara as my entree, but also had some calamari as an appetizer. The calamari is some of the best that I've ever had. The portion was huge, but I willed myself to finish it. I also tried some of the crab soup that my wife ordered and that was also some of the best crab soup that I've tasted. Our youngest son ordered the mini boli and I had a few bites of that as well. It was great and the bread was very tasty. The prices were reasonable and the service was good. The restaurant is tucked away, so you will not blindly stumble upon it. But, this may be the best Italian food available in Hershey at the moment.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Best Flavor, truly Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

I'm a lifelong local of Hershey and this is the Best Italian in the Hershey/Harrisburg area. The Pizzas/Strombolis are phenomenal and you can watch them being made. The bread is served fresh and warm, the homemade sauces are very flavorful. The daily specials are always delicious and a nice change from the short menu of entrees. Portions are very large and the prices are very low. Casual atmosphere, can get hot in the summer. Owners speak all Italian which adds to the authenticity of the restaurant. Wish they delivered!

• Visited August 2011