“Very Nice” 4 of 5 stars

100 Hotel Road, Hershey, PA 17601
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Harvest at the Hotel Hershey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 75 Restaurants in Hershey
Good for: Families with children, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We spent the weekend at the hotel and this dinner was the highlight of our stay.

Very good food, great service and an attractive setting. Deb and I shared a few dishes and they were very helpful in splitting the portions in the kitchen. We really appreciate that effort.

I would dine here again!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Expecting more....got less”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The Harvest was the beginning of our trip to Hershey Hotel. After the rave reviews from the conceirge we decided to try it out. The food was just average at best. We all ended up getting salads which were just ok. Expected more from the menu!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fairfax, Virginia
“Just WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Everything is soooo fresh and the staff is amazing! You can taste the difference in their farm to table style...so much care is taken on each dish.

Visited November 2013
kesrya
“Farm to Table Decadence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Like everything at Hotel Hershey, Harvest is a delicious, decadent time with fantastic, friendly service. The farm to table, local food is absolutely delicious. Though expensive, portions were huge so it was a great value. Because of this, Harvest was our favorite restaurant at the Hotel Hershey - as the other restaurants are just as or more expensive and portions are tiny.

Our bowl of seasonal pumpkin pear soup was so large we could go swimming in it (kidding - but it was very large and so delicious that I probably looked like I was swimming in it as I tried to lick it clean). The chocolate bbq ribs that my husband ordered were tender and fell off the bone. I got the filet in birch beer reduction, and though neither of us could taste the birch beer reduction, it was a delicious steak cooked to a perfect medium rare and it melted in my mouth. My only complaint is that everything is accented with garlic to which I am mildly allergic. I can't wait until chefs get over the "add garlic to every single side dish and vegetable we offer" kick. Bite sized desserts and peanut butter rum hot chocolate were the perfect end to our meal.

Like all of the employees we met at Hershey Hotel, our server was phenomenally friendly and seemed not only genuinely happy to work there, but also genuinely happy to attend to us - which I think is hard to come by in this day of customer service that seems anything but. Without asking, she brought me a beautiful chocolate cupcake with birthday candle, sang to me, and the plate had "Happy Birthday" scrolled in chocolate. She packed up all of the extra food we couldn't finish and sent us back to our hotel room with real silverware instead of plastic so that we could actually enjoy our steak later.

I've read other reviews that say the service was very slow and food took too long, but this was not our experience at all. I allotted 2 hours for our meal because of this so that we'd have time to go to the Hersheypark preview at 7:30pm and found we actually finished our three course meal with pre-dinner drinks in a little over an hour.

The ambiance at Harvest is great -- in fact, I actually liked this restaurant's ambiance better than the Circular which is supposed to be the resort's most formal dining room. If you have some extra time, head up to the second floor where there are some lush lounge chairs inside and rocking chairs on the veranda outside all overlooking the gardens. Downstairs there is a room with pool table next to the bar. We didn't have time to enjoy this all, but we did have time for a hoppy hour drink in the bar by the fireplace, which the bartender turned on specifically for us.

We dropped our son off with a hotel babysitter for our special celebration but there were plenty of other families with children so I would feel comfortable bringing my son back next time.

All in all, on our next visit to Hotel Hershey, we will be sure to make reservations for all our on property dinners here at Harvest.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Harrisburg, PA
“Updated Review: Service Only”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Felt compelled to re-review Harvest and sadly for the wrong reasons. This is not about the food as that dining never occurred. The last review I made was glowing - especially because of the service. Its almost a year later, different manager / hostess on duty. I visited to schedule our annual office Christmas lunch. The hostess/manager was different and not the "Hershey friendly" that you come to know and expect. However she was professional at first. When we (and I have a witness) were told of a $250 room fee - which we didn't pay last year - I simply said "why do you charge that?". Get this and I swear the truth, her answer "we're Hershey and we can and do it all the time". WOW. We were 20 people, a simple menu and open bar, a guaranteed $1000 bill and that's what she said. Im sure the food is great like it always was in the past. But someone really should do something about this lady - she was awful. Again, I have a witness!

• Visited October 2013