“Best economical........” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cocoa Country Inn at Hershey

You added Cocoa Country Inn at Hershey to your Saves list
Cocoa Country Inn at Hershey
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1518 E Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, PA 17033 (Formerly Motel 6 Hershey - Grantville)   |
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
“Best economical........”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Perfect one ..... clean and neat....near to choclt factory ...very friendley staff..... this is the best one you can get fr 54$ per night... all kinds of restrnts are available with in 10 miles.....if you want an economical one go for it this is the best one in and around Hershey choclt factory and theme park....

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Morristown, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

First, let me say that I have read many reviews and went here knowing that this Inn was more of a motel...so my expectations were not very high. But let me say that I was pleasantly surprised :) For $65/night for a king/queen room (I had my husband and 3 young kids aged 6yr and under) with me - the price/quality can't be beat. Sure it isn't a big name chain like Hilton or Comfort Suites - so if you are comparing it to that you will be disappointed. But we have stayed in quite a few motels as we frequently take road trips and this Inn was better than most in that category. The rooms were clean (with indoor access), beds were comfy but on the softer side (i prefer a firmer mattress). We only checked in around 10pm on a Saturday night and checked out around 9am the next morning so it was just a quick overnighter...but I would definitely stay there again when we return to Hershey. Another plus - is that it's only like 5-10 mins from Hersheypark - so again for the rates they offer ... this is well worth it !! Our friends paid over $200 that same night for the Hilton Garden Inn...I don't know about you but with 3 kids - I'd much rather save the $150 for use on other things !

Room Tip: we asked for a first floor room and got a room with indoor access in the 200s
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Maple Shade, NJ.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We were looking for a place to stay on our way home from Cleveland, and we went online with Travelocity. We booked a room that was to be a Deluxe Queen room. First let me say the pictures are very deceiving. When we checked in were told that the queen room was not available, and we would be given a room with 2 double beds, this is when we should have asked for a refund. We entered room #112 to a very strange smell. The room had no carpeting, no closet, no dresser, and a very poor shower. The beds were only a thin mattress on a metal frame, no box spring., they didn't even look clean, so we slept in our clothes. The screens on the window had holes allowing flies to come in. Before going to bed we had to kill a bug or two. There was an air conditioner which never cooled the room, but you couldn't leave the window open with a broken screen. We also had trouble locking the door and closing the door, so it was safer to leave your valuables in the car. We were only looking for a clean comfortable place to stay to get a nights sleep on our way home, this did not fit the bill. The pictures and ratings on the internet are deceiving. This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, and I have stayed in many hotels across the country and abroad while traveling. I am angry at myself for not complaining and getting my money back. My advice is to stay away from this place and not learn the hard way like we did.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fords, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Couldn't get a room at our regular spots. We went through a hotel reservations line,who obviously never stayed here. 120 dollars for the night. Room was dirty, fixtures in wall and ceilng missing windows dirty
Reminded me of a flop house in my youth. No no no.
Avoid this one

• Stayed October 2012
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I knew I wasn't getting a 5-star motel by the price, but I certainly got what I paid for. There are no dressers or closet. A tiny table attached to the wall is where I had to keep my luggage. There were three of us, my 2 kids and myself. If one of us had to go to the bathroom, the other two better be on a bed so the other tcould get into it. There was no clock in the room. The pool was an above-ground that someone would have in their backyard. The shower was scary. I would never stay here again and do not recommend it.

boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel on a Friday night in the summer and I have to give it a 'very good' for what we needed. It is a basic, safe place to sleep - and it has a little outdoor pool. There is coffee in the AM. Compared to the prices elsewhere in Hershey I think it offers quite good value. We called up on a Friday afternoon, when 10 other places I called were booked or much more expensive and got a room that was good-enough for a night and thought the staff were helpful.

It's funny how the internet has ratings for hotels all over the place from ***** to *. The factual parts of some of the 1* reviews are not wrong: the rooms are like most chain motels you find across America, it doesn't have lots of Amenities (beyond the pool and coffee and maybe wifi), but it was one of the best choices in Hershey, given what our needs were. One thing I didn't think was good is that children are only free if they are 10 and under. Boohoo - change that!

Room Tip: Pool hours are 9AM-10PM per our trip.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

So the service was very attentive to your needs. The front desk people were very nice. Helped you with any questions you had. They let us do an early check in with cost of $35. Which was worth it. The room was really nice. Not too fancy but very clean thats what matter the most. The location was at the heart of Hershey. The Hershey Park was 5 min away driving. The pool was clean and had a little patio to sun bath all you want. The tv wasnt too new, but it didn't really matter because we weren't in the room so much.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Cocoa Country Inn at Hershey? Share your experiences!