“Ok Motel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
Long Island, NY
“Ok Motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Pros: I have to say I was shocked at how close this was to Hershey and the town. Everything was walking distance. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The cons: the beds were extremely hard and the pillows were terrible. There was no clock in the room which was weird. There was also a musty smell.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
eliwhitney, Front Office Manager at Simmons Motel and Suites, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
I am so glad you found our location convenient, but am sorry that your stay wasn't as comfortable as you had hoped... We are in the process of replacing beds, and refurbishing rooms. I agree that alarm clocks are needed in the rooms, and am hoping to have them very soon. Also, spring cleaning and painting are happenning as we speak....
I do hope you'll come back, and enjoy the improvements inspired by your suggestions, as well as those of other guests!
Thank you for your recent stay, and your input!
Sincerely, Marnie, front desk manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Went to Hershey to see a show at The Hershey Theatre, got into town a lot earlier than the GPS said, lol. I was greeted by Marnie who was very helpful & professional! My room was a little cold & they gave me an extra blanket & a space heater. Marnie have me directions to where I was going & I felt very comfortable there. When I return to Hershey I plan on making another reservation :)

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
I am so very glad that you enjoyed your stay! We do try to meet the needs of each guest, and insure that they can enjoy all the many wonderful attractions and activities Hershey has to offer. I look forward to seeing you next time! :)
Be well.... :)
Sincerely, Marnie. (front desk manager) :)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Although booking was a bit tricky, as web prices and call in prices seem to contradict each other, we found our room to be very clean. (The chair was stained, but the room had obviously been cleaned thoroughly.) We were able to park right outside of our door. The motel is quite cute and the abundant flowers are a very nice touch. As other reviewers stated, it is not a luxury hotel, it's a nice mom and pop establishment. It is a block from restaurants and shops downtown. Although it is very close to Hershey Park it is not very walkable. There are no sidewalks on the way to the park and the only cut through to the other side of the railroad tracks is a small tunnel for cars that is a little dangerous to walk on foot. Overall, for the price and cleanliness, I would recommend this motel.

Room Tip: If you are unsure about which room to choose, as I understand they vary widely, just call. They will...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed here this past weekend for the JT & Jay-z concert at Hershey Stadium and stayed here for 2 nights. Check in is easy and we were allowed to put in items that needed to be in the fridge even while the housekeeper is still cleaning the room. We stayed at apartment 8 which accommodated all 8 of us ( we brought a separate blow up bed). The apartment is very cozy and clean and they provided extra blankets upon our request. Hershey Park,Hershey Factory and the Stadium was all walking distance as promised. The hotel is also walking distance to rite-aid and other restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Simmons Motel provides basic, no frills lodging at an economical price (given the area). The staff are very friendly and helpful. The room (#4) that I had was clean and for the most part comfortable. Some basic amenities that I have come to expect were not available in my room (hair dryer, iron, ironing board, shampoo/conditioner and only one bar of soap the first night), so pack those things if you think you will need them. They may have been available from the office - I didn't ask. No in room coffee maker, but coffee was available in the office. Furnishing and decor are dated, but functional. TV was new. In-room refrigerator and microwave were nice touches. Bathroom was small. Linens were plentiful. Sink is in the bathroom (no vanity outside of bathroom, but the dresser had a mirror, chair and outlets were close by). We could walk to Hershey Park entrance (about 15 minutes); a Rite Aide is virtually next door; and a few restaurants were also in walking distance. Given the traffic - this is a plus - not to have to move your car. There is an above ground pool available - we didn't get to use it - looked clean and nice, though. All in all a pleasant stay - just keep your expectations at an appropriate level.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Toowoomba
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I booked on line. So was not expecting such an old room. But it was lovely and clean.
No breakfast and hard to get onto WIFI might as well say no WIFI.
But the bed was fine and we were given the suite which I think meant that we had a table and chairs outside our room.
We were quite happy here however as we need WIFI for business we will not stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tidioute
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Our school went on an honors trip to Philadelphia/Hershey Park. The suites were very accommodating since there were 44 students grades 3-12 and 10 chaperones. Rooms were nice and clean. Would definitely stay there again if in the area. Thank you for making our stay a good one!

Room Tip: We were in room 6
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Simmons Motel and Suites? Share your experiences!