“A Genuine Rose” 5 of 5 stars
Review of White Rose Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
White Rose Motel
You added White Rose Motel to your Saves list
1060 E. Chocolate Ave., Hershey, PA 17033   |
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
Somerdale, New Jersey
“A Genuine Rose”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband, daughter, and I spent the night at the White Rose on August 19. We were greeted warmly by a very nice woman at the reception desk. She kindly recommended a delicious restaurant (Funke's) and provided us with maps.

We had a second floor room that was very clean. If found the bed to be very comfortable, and the bathroom was nicely appointed. While it was small, a high window let in so much light that it made it very cheery. I kept thinking that we left the bathroom light on, but it was just the sunshine! The shower was energetic, and the towels were plentiful.

The room was equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, and a 4 cup coffee maker. I don't usually like to use the coffee makers in hotels, but this one seemed very clean. Regardless, the staff put out coffee and tea in the morning so there was no need to brew my own.

The heated pool was a sparkling blue and well-maintained. There were towels at poolside so there was no need to bring them from the room. This motel is located on Chocolate Avenue, so it is a busy street. However, that makes it close to everything. I really did not notice the street noise as my room was at the far end from the street.

This motel is a pleasant, updated tribute to the road trips of my childhood. I very much enjoyed the clean, quiet accommodations and the tiny touches that were homey (stenciled roses in the interior hallway, rose railings, wooden benches outside of the rooms). It seemed very much a family place. I felt very safe there and would definitely stay there on my next trip to Hershey.

Thank you to the Grimms for providing an affordable, lovely gem...ahem...rose in the garden of our travels. Kudos!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the far end away from the street.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Cranston, Rhode Island, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed with my 9 & 14 yr old for last minute Hershey park trip and was nervous about staying in a MOTEL but this place was cleaner and more organized than most resort and hotels which cost twice as much. Check in was effortless and pleasant and the woman gave us great info about visiting the park. The rooms are extremely clean and well maintained ( trust me I'm a germaphobe). The bathroom, although small, was clean without a speck of mildew or mold. The pool was soo clean and secluded despite being on a main road it was surrounded by manicured gardens and the grounds are neat and well maintained. This motel went above and beyond any other motel and should definitely hold its spot as no.2 on the best place to stay. The price is great and the location is perfect. Will stay again next time I visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I recently returned from a three night trip to Hershey Park with two sixteen year-old boys. I was not eager to spend that much time in a hotel room with the boys nose-to-nose in two double beds, but booking two hotel rooms seemed expensive. I was disappointed to find that most of the hotels in the area of Hershey Park were two star hotels at best and the hotels affiliated with the Park were quite expensive and booked. Based upon TripAdvisor reviews, we booked the Chocolate Cottrage at the White Rose Motel. It was absolutely perfect for our needs! Located just next to the motel, the house is on busy Chocolate Avenue. It was fully air conditioned and had two full bedrooms, a full kitchen, bathroom, dining room, and living area. There were televisions in the living area and one of the bedrooms. The house was immaculate. It was decorated in grandma style, with slip covered old furniture and a big wooden lounge chair in the living room more suitable for the back yard. The boys were a bit leery when we arrived and they saw the place, but we all quickly grew to love it and it became "home"! The motel had a worker come by each day to wash the towels and replace them and emtpy the garbage. It was wonderful to each have our own "space" and since I go to bed much earlier than the rest, the separate living and bedroom areas were perfect. You could easily make all meals at the cottage and save money. We only ate our breakfasts there and highly recommend Houlihans, Devon Seafood Grill (for a higher end meal), and the Hershey Pantry. The owner of the motel was delightful and very pleased when we returned an Ipod we found left in one of the drawers (we know how angry we'd be if one of our kids left that behind!) All in all, if you are looking for a comfortable place just a mile from Hershey Park, I recommend renting the Chocolate Cottage. At $250/night it was far from inexpensive, but made for a perfect home base. We'll all miss "grandma's house"!

Room Tip: Use the preview plan at Hershey Park which allows you to enter the park for several hours the night...
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Rooms are small and building is old. It is well kept and clean. Price is good for the area. It had an old school feel to it. No elevator so we had to carry our luggage up the stairs to our room on the second floor. Staircase is outside. Coffee was available outside by the main office every morning. Staff was GREAT, very nice and helpful. The pool is outdoors. It is Clean. It is about 1 mile from Hershey World. Parking at Hershey World is not a problem. If you are looking for affordable family dining, eat at Dukes for dinner and Funks for breakfast. They are both close to hotel and parking is not a problem.

Room Tip: Might want request the first floor. No elevator so we had to carry our luggage up the stairs to our...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

I reviewed the TripAdvisor site and found this average priced motel well worth the price. Staff was friendly and accommodating, rooms were clean & comfortable, and the kids loved the well kept pool. This is a great place to stay when visiting Hershey!

Stayed August 2012
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The White Rose Motel is a good place to stay. Here are a few helpful tips:
1. The Motel is close to the road so if you are a light sleeper (like me) you will need background noise (like the aircon) or earplugs
2. The shampoo provided is in individual packs. Unfortunately they did not provide enough for everyone. Once we asked they politely delivered, but you would think they would leave more than one pack
3. There are both outside and inside stairs. The inside stairs were helpful in the rain.

Jonestown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My boyfriend & I stayed there just last nigt. We had a terrific conversation at the front desk while checking in. Then we got to our room and I thought "Oh, we're off to a bad start..." We asked for a room with a king sized bed and got a room with two queen. I went to the front dest and found out there was an AC that broke so we got moved. I was little disappointed but agreed they were only trying to help. They were kind enough to give us another room with a king sized bed. I must say these rooms are a little small but I couldn't have asked for a more clean room. I ALWAYS take my own sheets. This was the first time I actually slept on motel sheets. The pillows were King size and were nice and firm - there were also two exta's. The bed was comforble. The shower was a bit small but the water came out out firmly, hot & had no odor to it. The towels were not flimsy. :) :) We had a little trouble with the toilet not filling up and had to jiggle the handle. I left a note explaining that. I realized they really took pride in their motel when I recieved a phone call on the way home from the owner letting us know she received our note and that she was gong to get that taken care of. People do not have to go out of their way to call you. I also left my 2nd tip ever at this motel and I've been to PLENTY in the past 42 years of my life. We only stayed at a motel close to home due to renovations to our house. If we ever need to be out of our house again and stay close to home I'd pick the White Rose Motel in heartbeat!

Room Tip: We had a corner room. Number #6. I would say that room & #7 are good rooms because there is on...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to White Rose Motel? Share your experiences!