“Interesting, Informative and Fun” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 30 things to do in Hershey
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: How did Milton Hershey go from bankruptcy to brilliance, transforming chocolate from a luxury to an everyday treat? How did he invent a community? Why did he give away his fortune? That’s the Hershey story.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator
Athens, Tennessee
3 attraction reviews
“Interesting, Informative and Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We spent a rainy morning at the Hershey Story and it was well worth the visit. The exhibits are interesting to all ages. Who would think that bathtubs would be put on rollers to move the heavy chocolate around? You will learn about them and many more Hershey innovations here.

Visited May 2014

• Turkish first
“Getting to know Milton Hershey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

In my visit to Hershey, I hadn't planned on visiting the Hershey story museum, but from the concierge at my hotel, it certainly wasn't something to pass up. There was so much I didn't know about Milton Hershey, and you'd be surprised to know, he didn't start off making chocolate. There's a lot to learn at the Hershey Story, but there is also fun interactive activities as well. My favorite was designing my own candy bar wrapper! It is definitely worth the time to visit and find out what The Hershey Story is all about!

Visited June 2014
Sherrills Ford, North Carolina
16 attraction reviews
“It's a Museum!! (No free candy)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This is the place for you if you want to learn all about the history of Milton Hershey for $10 a person. There is no ride in the museum and no free sample of candy- lets be clear this is a museum, so only go if that's what you want. After desperately trying to figure out where I had gone wrong, I finally asked a helpful attendant and they told me where you can take that little ride and get your free piece of candy and shop for candy paraphernalia- that's at the entrance of Chocolate World (two totally different places.)
But if you want to know how the museum is, it was very very interesting. There is a great timeline and the story of how Mr. Hershey met Mr. Reese is quite neat. This might be fun for some, just know what you're getting into.

Dallas, Texas
8 attraction reviews
“Fun museum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I learned a lot about Milton Hershey here. The displays were interesting and colorful and kid friendly. We got the combo passes with the gardens and I personally liked the gardens better, but I'm not very into museums to start with and I love being outside. If you are in Hershey and want to learn about Milton I think this is the best place to go!

Visited July 2014
4 attraction reviews
“Enjoyed it a lot. But was disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My family really enjoyed the museum, there really liked doing the apprentices book and tasting the chocolate. My family had purchased the groupon passes so we got to do the chocolate tour and taste chocolate liquor. Staff was very friendly, my kids really enjoyed being a factory worker and the staff in there were so sweet to my kids, I was personally getting annoyed of my son banging the hammer so much on the chocolate bars but the girl in there helped him do it correctly. I was very disappointed in the cleaniliness of the place. The bathroom was disgusting the toliets where not flushed there was toliet paper on the floors, someone defecated in the one stall and was not even flushed and no one cleaned it up. When i was in the bathroom I noticed a lady with a spray bottle and paper towels but she was not worried about cleaning any of the mess up, she was just yelling at someone on the phone. I have been traveling to a lot of places in the area, and the restrooms have been very clean. Even the bathrooms at hersheypark were cleaner they actually had people in there cleaning when we where in there. I was just shocked to see how such a beautiful museum can have such a gross bathroom.

Visited July 2014
abischof, Owner at The Hershey Story, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Please accept my sincere apologies for your negative experience. I completely understand that a situation like that can put a damper on your entire visit, no matter how much you enjoyed the rest of the building. This issue has been addressed - I appreciate you letting us know so that we can better serve all of our guests.

It was kind of you to include positive remarks about the rest of your experience and I hope that you will visit us again.

If you would like to discuss anything with me personally, please feel free to give me a call at 717-520-5591 or email me at abischof@hersheystory.org

Amy Bischof