We were picking up a Golden Retriever puppy near Lancaster. Thought it would be nice to break up our 9 hour drive (one way) by treating our boys to Chocolate World & a couple of nights at Hershey Lodge. Chose this hotel because it was less formal than Hershey Hotel. The atmosphere was much nicer in the lobby/lounge area with a large fireplace. It is also a much larger hotel and more activities for children. We did park near our room which was nice for when we needed to load and unload car. But we were also close enough to walk either outside or inside back to the lobby area or to the fitness center/pool. We did book our room the night we arrived as the trip was very last minute. The room was tucked in between many cheer teams and wrestling teams that it was a tad noisy. I probably would have requested a room closer to lobby had I planned well in advance. Service was great. And we had just enough time to visit Chocolate World, The Hershey Story Museum & the zoo. All were worth a visit. Although being a former zookeeper/Aquarist, the zoo wasn't up to my usual standards and should be improved. If we ever return to Hershey, i would stay at the lodge again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great place for families to stay while visiting Hersheypark. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotel.de and Expedia so you can book your Hershey Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hershey Hotel Hershey
- Hershey Lodge Pennsylvania
- Convention Center Hershey Lodge