“Hershey Lodge” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
State College, PA
“Hershey Lodge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is a very nice place with a GREAT staff. They were all extremely friendly and very helpful. The fireplace was very nice. The meals were not great but they were not bad. I would definitely stay at this hotel again, especially with my family. It was very kid friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
St. Augustine, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Great lobby with a nice fireplace. Wonderful staff, very helpful. It was Halloween & the kid's club had fun things for the kids to participate in (although, not the most organized I've seen).

The shuttle to Hershey Park was convenient since it was a busy weekend. The indoor pool area reminded me of the YMCA and had an outdated, low budget arcade room attached to it with several broken machines.

Overall value...way too pricey for the room quality. I literally had to clean the TINY bathroom myself before I would let my family use it. The small room hadn't been dusted in a while, dust piled up along the baseboards in the carpet. Mold in the bathroom. The room smelled musty. Uncomfortable old mattresses. Light bulbs out. Noisy. Could hear the toilets flushing in other rooms. This place is in great need of remodeling and the cleaning management has a huge opportunity for improvement.

Our family of 4 drove all the way up from FL with great expectations and I was very disappointed in this hotel. It obviously caters to their convention guests. Stuffs as many people as they can in there, charges the rest of us twice the amount and we're supposed to be OK with that because it has the "Hershey" name?

Needless to say, when you spend nearly $300/night to stay somewhere...you deserve a $300/night room and amenities. We won't be going back there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HersheyResorts, General Manager at Hershey Lodge, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear cavalierpuplove,

Thank you for your comments about your stay at Hershey Lodge. I'm disappointed to learn that we didn't meet your expectations during your visit. I apologize that you found your room to be below the high standards that we pride ourselves on. We prefer to address such issues during our guests stay as we would have happily moved you and your family to a more suitable room. I will share your comments with our staff as we take guest feedback, both positive and constructive, very seriously. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you to follow up and learn more about your experience. Please feel free to call: 717-533-3311 and ask to speak with the General Manager.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Had a nice visit here, nice rooms if a touch dated, clean, tidy, very friendly staff, was given free chocolate several times. My biggest problem with this Lodge was getting lost : hallways went everywhere, lots of different added on wings, and in the conference area, conference rooms just all over. I would hope that one day signage could be vetted and improved. Often I ended up at dead ends or at elevators where there was no further guidance. I was at the conference rate of $140 that seemed a bit much; would be hesitant to pay that much for leisure travel if I am ever back in Hershey for vacation.

Room Tip: If you get a room in the Reese Cups wing.....you will walk thru a maze to the lobby.....
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

If you're planning on Visiting the Sweetest Place on Earth, make sure to include the Hershey Lodge as your base of operations. From the moment you arrive to the time you leave you are treated with the utmost courtesy and friendliness from a staff that oozes sweetness. The facility is first rate and the accommodations are very comfortable. I stayed in the "Tower" section which was quite convenient and comfortable. If I had a complaint, and this really isn't one, my room was a long walk from the elevator. I'm sure had I requested something closer upon check-in, they would have done so.
Overall, the Hershey Lodge is a wonderful place, with a homey atmosphere that is a welcome addition to any visit to Hershey, PA. I recommend it highly.
Mike Pittsburgh, PA

Room Tip: Tower rooms can be a long walk from the elevator. If this is a problem for you, request a closer on...
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I spent the evening together at the Hershey Lodge in celebration of a huge event for him. The evening was wonderful! The social hour provided was very classy and the staff was very attentive and made sure that everyone had a drink and or anything else they may have needed. The opening of the “walls” to the Banquet room was very impressive; as the guest entered into the room we were greeted by the aromas of the feast awaiting us. The food was phenomenal; I am a tough critic and I was truly impressed by the food – especially the mesquite chicken! The desserts were just as good – my favorite being the toffee chocolate pie! The staff again was truly superb as they were friendly, polite, and there when you needed them. It was truly a beautiful evening! After an evening of eating, drinking and dancing – we retired to our room. There were Hershey chocolate bars sitting on the table, which of course made me smile as it would anyone who loves chocolate! The rooms were very clean and the sheets, which had Hershey kisses on them, smelled fresh! The alarm clock was also an IHome which was perfect for my husband and me, so we could enjoy our favorite playlist from his IPhone. The bathroom was spacious and also very clean. The shower pressure was great and the water was nice and hot! There is a sports bar, restaurant, gift shop, and several banquet halls in this spacious lodge! The location of the Lodge is in Hershey, PA and I would recommend this hotel for everyone as I enjoyed everything about it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Montclair, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My family just came home from staying at this hotel for my son's Hershey Hockey Tournament. It is by far the nicest tournament hotel we have stayed at. The service was great, the rooms were spacious and clean. The Bear's Den restaurant was great, can't wait to go back next year! We had a team party there and the food and catering was very tasty. I'd recommend this htoel to families with kids of al ages!!!

Room Tip: Hotel is quite large, look to stay close to hotel center & lobby.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Won a one night stay and redeemed it during a time when the staff had to deal with a Cheerleading competition and a young Kiwanis Convention. I thought the staff did a great job. Yeah the halls were a little noisy but only till 11pm. King sized room was great. Clean and well put together. 2 chocolate bars on check in certainly didn't hurt!

Room Tip: Ask for the Tower rooms. The elevator opens right into the lobby with the Coffee Shop and lobby bar...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple