“nice getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 24 hotels in Hershey
Clifton, New Jersey, United States
“nice getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Even in the dead of winter, the lodge is a great place to be. Went to the theater for a show ,
and the lodge suggested we take advantage of their van service to and from. was great as there was no parking left.had a nice quite time at the lodge.

Room Tip: Drive up rooms are nice if your staying a few days,or if you bring a lot of stuff with you.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

1,511 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
Amherst, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have now attended four conventions at the Hershey Lodge. None of those visits were at a time when outdoor activities were appropriate and trade show work kept me pretty busy. What I can speak to is the warmth, cleanliness and good service of the lodge and its various restaurants. As I always seem to find myself there in the winter, it's nice that everything is under one roof. My favorite restaurant there is the Hershey Grill. Though the grill itself was closed for renovations, its fabulous menu was available in the restaurant which normally serves only breakfast. When I next have to decide whether or not to participate in a meeting/trade show, knowing that it is at the Hershey Lodge will be a big plus.

Room Tip: Try for a room in the tower for the sake of the view. Also, rooms in the various wings can be a lon...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed for one night at the Hershey Lodge and were pleasantly surprised that the Lodge has gone under a total renovation. The rooms were comfortable, clean, and updated. Except for the fact that the lodge had a convention with 1400 teenagers, and as a result, the hallways were noisy and crowded, we had a really enjoyable stay. We ate at three restaurants on site (the Bear's Den, the Forebay, and Lebbie Lebkichers), and used the pool (very clean facilities, with really nice attendants.)The kids also like the game room, which is attached to a fitness center. We've stayed several times at the Lodge, but the new update made it seem special to me.

Room Tip: We like to get a room that doesn't face a parking lot. You may walk a bit from your room to the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Powell, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed 2 nights with our 3 kids (plus one) in June 2012. Its a great location - about a 5 minute shuttle ride to the main gate. I never had to use the car after we checked in. We used the shuttle back and forth to the Park. Great value after you consider the discount on admission to the Park. The hotel has plenty of activities for the kids.

Room Tip: Try and get a room close to the main lodge - its a big hotel and can be a hike to the lobby.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Summit, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Been to hershey lodge several times different times of year (easter, summer, spring). Most recently New years 2 night Family carnival package.
As always, a Sweet stay! Rooms are always clean. Regular hotel rooms with 2 queen beds , nothing overally spacious but certainly clean and sweet. Beds comfortable. Depending on which area of the lodge you stay , it is a bit of a walk to indoor pool and lobby but nothing to complain about..... great exercise. The pool is always clean and monitored by lifeguards and staff which is great. The pool is not really great for toddlers/babies. They do have a small 'kiddie pool' but it's nothing great. Now that my kids are bigger (older) I don't have to worry about the 'kiddie pool' thing and they have a grande time in the regular indoor pool. The new years eve bash was amazing! Just super for kids!! I have 6, 4 and 3 year old....had a blast! Literally an indoor carnival. They bring in rides, and bouncy slides and so much....There's ballrooms dedicated to fun for kids! Food is nothing to write home about, but the amazing fun for the kids is what it was all about! Characters, carnival games, rides, bouncy things , DJ , plenty of chocolate. I must say I wish the bar was charge to room rather than cash bar..... don't like carrying cash but i saved a ton of money and gave less to the hotel because of that LOL so it was a good thing. We had been going to Woodloch Pines resort in PA for 13 years every new years and recently the food there really has declined so I stopped wanting to take the kids even though their facilities are wonderful. Hershey was so much fun for ringing in the new year. I booked at Hershey again for next New years' cuz i found it to be so much more fun for my kids at this age and just an amazingly fun New years celebration for us because of the fun things Hershey had (even better than woodloch's new years for the many years we spent there).... a real indoor carnival at Hershey... so cute , so much fun for my children (I admit....i had fun too!). I wish the food was a little better but I can't complain. It was so family oriented.... real family guest base ....noone was getting buzzed or anything, just wonderful families ...it was so nice and such a wonderful family fun environment for me and my children to celebrate new years. The characters were so friendly.... i found them to be even nicer and more 'friendly' than disney characters at disney world... so wonderful with the kids. There were plenty of resort scheduled activities going on all 2 days and nights long separate from the new years party and right at the lodge, we didn't have to leave if we didn't want to. Never bored, never a dull moment. We did leave the lodge though... there was chocolate world... the litte ride there is always cute and plenty to do there. And then there was the Sweet Lights.... amazing light drive-thru display in the evenings and then there was The hershey story museum which we spent a good part of new years day at..... they had such wonderful little activities and things going on there for the kids all day long. We made time for a little indoor pool swimming too. So safe, fun, tasteful, kid/family appropriate and not all that expensive considering the fun to be had. We didn't need the park to be open to have fun. I must say though, my only negative comment is in regards to the Bears Den restaurant. The number of times we've been there, I consistently find the food and service and even the manager there at the Bears Den to be lacking sadly. The hershey grill restaurant at the lodge is always packed without a reservation but way better food quality and service if you do make a reservation for dinner there. Wonderful stay and beautiful clean rooms as always, plenty of fun and activities to be enjoyed. wonderful little touches too.... like souvenir champage glasses which said hershey lodge new years 2013, and little souvenir salt and pepper shakers left in our room on new years eve..... an added sweet touch from hershey to make for a wonderful ringing in the new year and a wonderful stay. Hershey lodge is a nice family place to stay in hershey .... any time of year!. Thank you hershey lodge for a wonderful stay , as always.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Fresh Meadows, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I took my family for a short two nights trip to Hershey and stayed in Hershey Lodge. The room was clean and comfortable. The food was ok and kids enjoyed the indoor pool very much. The front desk staff made us feel very special. They were very helpful and polite. Highly recommend the place for families.

Room Tip: Section "F" in the main tower is a short walk to the indoor pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had a great time at the Hershey Lodge New Year's Party! There was so much for the kids and adults to do, and we could party without worrying about driving home. They had activities for the kids and adults during the day, which lead up to the big party that night. The staff was helpful and friendly, and the lodge was beautifully decorated for Christmas. We especially loved the stone fireplace in the middle of the lobby. Rooms at the lodge were clean and nice, but could use a little updating. Overall a wonderful experience, and would go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hershey Lodge? Share your experiences!