“Modern facilities with a classy decor!” 5 of 5 stars

West Chocolate Avenue And University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #7 of 24 hotels in Hershey
Blakeslee, Pennsylvania
“Modern facilities with a classy decor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2008

The conference facilities were above average, they had "convention registration" desks & Nice breakout rooms that even had LCD tv's out front to let you know which session was going on in which room! The lobby was so warm with a huge fireplace in the center that you could sit on on all 4 sides! They even had the smell of chocolate in the air! I reccommend the Chocolate Espresso martini at the Lobby bar. The Forebay restaurant was exquisite for a hotel restaurant great steaks. The accommodations were very clean (looks like they are not that old either, I stayed in the Towers) The bed was soooo comfortable. If you were going in the summer this would be a great spot to go with families as they are right by the park, and I noticed at the concierge desk you could purchase tickets right at the hotel and charge them to your room. Another nice touch was when you check in they give you a Hershey bar and some notecards to write letters home which had chocolate recipes on them for desserts! Really made me feel welcomed. All the staff were friendly and said hello everytime you passed one of them. I would return if in the area again.

• Liked — Bed was so comfortable!
  • Disliked — Very Long hallways, make for a far walk to your room, take a bellcart!!
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

1,480 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2008

I was not impressed. The only thing good about this place was the easy access to in-house bars and restaurants. The exercise room was good but the pool was a loud family free for all.

Problems: no soap in room, confusing layout, misquoted the charge to my secretary, extra fees tacked on, loud children

• Liked — bar in lobby and fitness equipment
  • Disliked — loud children, fees for an average room
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chantilly, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2008

I just stayed here for a birthday getaway (with a 14 month old baby). The lodge is warmer, cozier and more relaxed than the Hotel Hershey. We had adjoining rooms- one with two Queen beds and a "Parlor room" with a sofa-pullout bed. The rooms were clean and well decorated. I needed the refrigerator turned up colder and someone was sent up immediately upon asking. Maid service was very thorough every day.
We were well taken care of here with chocolates and turn-down service daily. We were just a short drive to the Hotel Hershey Spa and amusements.
The only downside was that the walls are a little thin and I could hear the loud tv of my "neighbors" late at night, but I think this can be expected anywhere really.
Overall, this place is clean, spacious, and great. Stay here.

• Liked — Cleanliness and attention to detail
  • Disliked — Loud neighbors
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2008

Just returned home from "The Sweetest Place on Earth", we stayed at the Hershey Lodge & Convention Center. My boyfriend & I checked in late Friday night, check in went very smoothly. The Lodge reminded me more of a resort than a hotel. Our room number was 2251, which we drove around to and parked in front of our room we had no trouble finding a parking spot. We had two doors, one from the outside & one from the inside (pretty convenient). I loved the Hershey Kiss wall-paper and the Hershey Kiss comforter. Our room was a king bed, very clean, bathroom was also very clean (see video & pics). Once there we went down to THE BEARS' DEN and grabbed a late dinner, service & food were great, a great sports bar atmosphere. My boyfriend definitely loved the flat screen at the table. No Complaints! Saturday we woke up had breakfast at LEBBIE LEBKICHER'S service was great also food was also very good. Then we went to the Hershey Outlets not much to say about that they are all pretty much the same.. LOL! Coach was having a pretty sweet sale! Then we stopped at the Hershey Gardens, its not really garden season yet, but I’m sure when it is, it must be beautiful. At check in we were given comped passes to there and the museum. We went to Chocolate World, for any Chocoholic it’s a MUST! We never made it to the Museum but heard it was a great thing to do.. Both are great for families of any age! Later that night we went down to The Lobby Lounge for a drink before dinner, which was very nice and romantic. This Hotel is grand and welcoming from the tall ceilings to the fireplace, just beautiful. I was surprised! We had dinner at Forebay, which was pretty good, I have dinned at some of the finest places and it was ok. The Lamb Lolli-pops were excellent, and I really don’t like lamb, the crab meat cocktail was ok, filets were average, for me. We shared the Molten Lava Cake for dessert it really couldn’t compare to Morton’s Steakhouse.. I was a little disappointed about that. But that’s just me & my opinion. Overall, the Hershey Lodge and Convention Center was beautiful and I was very happy about our “Sweet Escape”. Any questions please feel free to message me… -LocoLocal101

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing, everything was great!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Denver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2008

This hotel bills itself as a conference/convention hotel and that is why I stayed here. But as a business man's hotel, it's terrible. The Internet is very slow and continues to go on and off. The concierge's staff sent me to the front desk to get a package and they sent me to the business office. I mentioned that the concierge's staff, which is 20 feet from the hotel front desk, sent me to the front desk and I was told that they don't know anything about the hotel. I went to the business office and it was closed (during the day on a weekday). The food in the restaurant is sub par but edible. The furnishings are nice in the lobby and in the rooms, but the hallways are 1950s dirt and grunge. I won't stay here again, even if a conference is located here.

• Liked — Close to the Hershey amusement park
  • Disliked — lousy hotel for business functions
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Brunswick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2008

I stayed at the Hershey Lodge with some colleagues at a convention and glad we did. Not only was most of the convention nightlife centered at the Lodge but it was super convenient to catch shuttle buses and what not to the area attractions.

The hotel and building are fabulous, the staff very helpful and the grounds beautiful. Of course it is themed to all things chocolate, but who doesn't like chocolate right? Especially in Hershey. I don't know if it was because of the convention or not but every night our room was loaded with sweets and treats and its true that even the air smells like chocolate.

My only criticism would be that the location is not really great for walking around town. The one day I ventured out on foot I walked for about a mile and the sidewalk came to a dead end at a highway. Luckily I caught a shuttle back at the lodge.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2008

My husband and I chose to stay at the Hershey Lodge on a Saturday night during the 1st weekend of the Uncork York Tour de Tanks event and were not disappointed. The bellman was very nice, the front desk staff was very helpful. Unfortunately when we checked in the concierge was on her lunch, after she came back we were unable to speak with her since she was so busy with others. We did end up talking with her in the morning about breakfast places outside the resort, so we had very limited experiences with her, she was neither unfriendly or friendly.

We ended up with a room in the Hershey wing (I think it's called the Hershey chocolate bar or something) that adjoins the main lobby. We had both an interior hallway door and a door to the parking area, we found that extremely convenient for both bringing bags into the room and then back out. The room was a decent size for 2 people and limited luggage; it was clean and stocked with cocoa packs and coffee. The bed is on the soft side and the pillows were average. If you use a foam pillow you'd better bring it along.

A Kiwanis convention was booked the same weekend as our stay and there were approximately 1000 teenagers at the hotel for the event, according to the bellman. It was a little roudy at times, we did hear people in the corridor while we were awake but were not woken up by anyone. I'd guess that the corridor wall isn't well insulated but the position of our bathroom ended up working as a sound buffer to hallway noise. Surprisingly, no complaints, even with all that activity. Even check-out was a breeze.

It was a little on the pricey side ($160/night), but it was a good experience. I'm not sure I would have booked this place if we stayed longer than one night, might have gone with a more budget friendly alternative. If you decide to stay here, take advantage of the Lodge perks - they provide free tickets to Hershey Gardens. Since it's mostly an outdoor activity don't expect a lot of plants growing this time of the year, but come spring, summer and fall, I'm sure the gardens are wonderful.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hershey Lodge? Share your experiences!