“If you like sleeping in a bed full of URINE then the Suites at Hershey got you covered!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Suites at Hershey

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
Pasadena, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Trains are very loud even with headphones and an air purifier running. There is also a constant alarm (maybe from a fire station?) that goes off constantly day and night. The living area is minimal with not enough seating for a family of 7 (3 small children, 2 teens and 2 adults) and no room to move as they must line up 2 chairs and a sofa wall to wall to fit. DIRTY! The mismatched dishes were greasy and covered with old food and lipstick, the cupboards were lined with rodent feces, the oven smelled and smoked, bathrooms, washer, refrigerator, and carpets moldy, and the floors stained my white socks black within one trip around the rooms. The dishwasher and washing machine are so loud that even with the TV at its highest volume we were unable to hear the movie with either the washing machine or dish washer running. The pools are not in the best shape and are much too small for the guests that stay, let alone the Bluegreen owners that are permitted to use the facilities! But don’t worry you will never be allowed access because if there are any thunderstorms “in the area” they shut both the indoor and outdoor pool down. The indoor pool felt too cold, (much colder than the outdoor pool, and the outdoor pool has sun to warm you unlike the indoor dungeon ...err pool.)If you like firm to extra firm mattresses and pillows then you might not mind the beds, but for me I would have rather slept on the floor if it wasn't so filthy. The linens are cheap, thin, and stained. We were given 8 towels, 4 washcloths, and 4 hand towels and our requests for additional were refused. DVD player did not work nor were there remotes for the TV or DVD player, cable box only. Aside from the subpar accommodations was the far worse costumer service. On our first night, after cleaning the entire suite and making a Wal-Mart run to buy an air purifier (to counteract the mold and mildew) we were exhausted and headed to bed. After an already restless night aggravated by the noise from the trains and alarms and seriously uncomfortable beds we were awakened very early by two children who reeked of stale urine! Upon investigation we discovered that the bed they had slept in was saturated in SOMEONE ELSE’S URINE! They did not even attempt to clean the mattress, but instead covered it up with sheets and linens that had BROWNED from the urine! It took them over 5 hours to remove the pee filled mattress and another hour to return with a replacement mattress that was too small for the box spring and actually resembled a box spring as opposed to a mattress! We complained and were told that there was no other mattress available but would return the old mattress once it was cleaned and dried. The mattress was so uncomfortable and unsafe that we were forced to make beds out of the couch and chair cushions! 4 days later they returned the mattress UNCLEANED and refused to remove it from the room. We wasted another entire day arguing with the general manager, Jay Lloyd (who is not available at 9am nor anytime at night, and leaves at 2pm EVERDAY!) to get a CLEAN MATTRESS for my children to sleep on. Eventually, no thanks to Mr. Lloyd, an empathetic cleaning personal located a clean mattress for us. As I was not an actual owner with Bluegreen I had no recourse. To add insult to injury, my son got to spend his 18th birthday in the Emergency Department as my youngest son became ill due to the exposure to the molds, and rodent feces. Management was unsympathetic to the extra work we were forced to do, the time lost at Hershey Park and money lost (unused tickets, ER bill, cost of cleaning products and air purifier), and the pain and suffering my son and family were forced to endure. Never again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hershey100, General Manager at The Suites at Hershey, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Let me address in order if I may:
Trains as you can see on tripadvisor do bother some guests. We try to notify everyone of our location in case this is an issue... and the timeshare owner you rented from should have notified you of our location. The alarm you mention does not go off "day and night" .. it is actually our volunteer fire department (very popular in the Northeast). It only sounds when there is a fire or emergency.
Your other complaints are too numerous and unrealistic to mention: I was personally contacted by my staff and called my maintenance dept to arrange a third mattress to be brought to you. The second mattress we brought was not a pillow top but was new.. out of the bag. However, you found it uncomfortable so we replaced again.
My evening maintenance associate who responded to your mattress issue notes he "saw a rubber sheeting" item that is used to "keep sheets dry" in your room. I personally spoke to my Ex.
Housekeeper, the room inspector and cleaning crew who did your room and at no time did they remove dirty linen from the previous guest, ignore a pee stained bed and then remake it.
Both pools are heated, the indoor pool around 83 degrees. Water samples are taken weekly by an outside agency and tested (daily samples are taken by my staff). Swimming in a pool (outdoor or indoor) during a thunderstorm is a life threatening risk. We take security and safety as a top priority and will close both pools during thunderstorms. Any resort not doing so is putting you at risk.
Sorry we did not meet your expectations, to include my entire staff and our schedules. Sorry you also felt the need call me a derogatory name to my maintenance staff. We are an award winning resort w/tripadvisor, a top Bluegreen Vacation Club resort, the #1 ranked timeshare resort in the State of PA and our staff prides itself in delivering a one of a kind vacation experience!

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed here for 5 days a few weeks ago with some friends had an awesome time. Location was very convenient to the local attractions esp next door for some free beer tastings. The room was spacious enough for all. the indoor pool was under construction for the first couple days but the outdoor pool was really nice and never really crowded. Played a bit of ping pong too in the game room. overall a great stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Alpharetta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

The condo was a 2 bedroom. Very spacious, clean and comfortable. It was right next to the outlets and Troegs Brewery. You could walk to either. Right down the street from Hershey Park. Very nice place.

No restaurant on site, just condos with a nice indoor and outdoor pool.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I are Bluegreen Vacation Club Owners and for the past 3 years have taken a weekend trip to Hershey in December. It is such a special time with all the beautiful Christmas lights and decorations. The Suites at Hershey are absolutely fantastic!! We like to stay in building 3, 2 and 3 are the updated ones with jacuzzi tubs and gas fireplaces below the flat screen. The rooms are always so clean, warm and inviting. You are close to everything, we like to walk across the street to the outlets or drive down the road to Hershey park. My daughter loves the indoor pool which is very clean and well maintained. All of the rooms have 2 bedrooms, one with a king and the other with 2 double beds. There are 2 baths and a queen sleeper sofa. There is a well equipped full kitchen and a stacked washer/ dryer. I look foward to our Hershey weekend every year and definitly recommend this place to families with or without small children, couples, or friends looking for a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for building 2 or 3. They are upgraded and u don't have to go outside to get to the indoor...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Larbert, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

The Suites at Hershey is a typical Bluegreen resort. Its well appointed and maintained, the rooms are spacious with a full kitchen, washer dryer and free wifi the only thing I missed was a balcony. The sight is quite small so the pool is correspondingly small. The staff are great, nothing is too much trouble and every time you meet someone they are friendly and chatty. We were worried about a report complaining about train noise and have to say that the only time we heard it was sitting by the pool and certainly never in the room. We would hghly recommend this sight for anyone as there is such a lot to do around the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at The Suites at Hershey, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you...Glad you enjoyed your stay!
Fairview, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I have been to this resort several times over the past three years. We were there for memorial day weekend this time 92012.) It is a great value and very roomy. We have traveled with other families with small kids and sleeping 4 adults with 3-4 kids is never an issue. It is close to Hershey and the outlets, has a fully stocked kitchen, is close to the supermarket and there is ample parking.

The major downfall of this property is that it is a timeshare and with that comes several issues that are worth sharing:

1. The first time you go you will be placed in the best rooms in building 3. This is so that you may be enticed to buy into the timeshare. They have jacuzzis, modern furnishings, fireplaces and plasma TVs. After your first time visit, do not expect to ever get this room again. This is was my 4th trip , and though I request building 3 each and every time, I am always placed in building one, the least updated without jacuzzis or a fireplace. I was told building 3 is the first choice of the timeshare holders or for 1st time guests.
2. Since this is a timeshare , there is no maid service and if you want it it is $75 . They do have paper products, washer/dryer etc but they stock you with one coffee, one dishwasher tablet etc. If you need or want more , plan on going to the desk because they do not respond to your calls. This has happened every time we go.
3. There are no bellhops and so forth so plan on going there and doing everything on your own. For us, for the price, it is worth it, but the first time we went we were a bit taken back.
4. Understand the pools are BASIC. No swim up bar, no towel service (the towels are in your room.) They are clean and functional but if you are looking for a resort feel you will not get that here. Again for small kids, they see a pool and have fun. For older kids, you may need to spend the money to have a more welcoming/enticing pool area.

Compared to the Hershey trademark hotels the rooms are 5x bigger and just as clean but it is a self service facility. It all depends on what you like. We enjoy making breakfast in the room, and playing board games at night . We also love traveling with other families and splitting the bill to make it a fun, affordable quick weekend trip. I could see it being great for a week long trip as well to save money as the Lodge or Hersey can be 3-4x the rate and 1/8 of the the space.

I will continue to go back here again and again because I know it is a great value .

Room Tip: Building 3 if you can get it.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed your stay and keep returning. As an FYI: we are a timeshare resort but do not have Sales/Marketing on site so you will not be asked to buy anything. Building one is the only building w/flat screen TV's. Buildings two and three do not have any flat screens. In addition, rental space at our resort is based on what our owners do not book. That does vary between all three buildings at any given time. You are correct, as a timeshare resort we do not provide valet services or bellhops. I apologize for the lack of response to your calls and will address accordingly. We do anticipate full remodel of buiding one in 2013!
Bethpage New york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

The suites at Hershey is my families favorite hotel in Hershey! The two bedroom suite is more than roomy enough for my family. It sleeps 8 comfortably. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfy and the kitchen is an extra plus ( great for a quick breakfast before heading to the park) they have a BBQ in the back so we bring burgers and hotdogs for dinner. This year we were pleasantly surprised that they put in a fire pit. My girls really enjoy the pools (indoor and out) The hotel is 3 minutes from hershey....right across from outlets. You get so much more for your money. I'm really not sure why anyone would stay anywhere else we certainly don't. Great value for the money!

Room Tip: Ask for building two or three they are further away from the train. Although I have stayed in one an...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Suites at Hershey? Share your experiences!