“Convenient place to stay in Hershey” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
Glastonbury, United States
“Convenient place to stay in Hershey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Hampton Inn was a very convenient place to stay for our Hershey PA vacation. It was only a couple of miles away from Hershey Park and not far off main roads leading to Lancaster. The hotel staff was very friendly and it was a nice convenience to have a warm complimentary breakfast each morning.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed for 3 night to see the One Direction Concert and visit the Hershey Park. I thought that the hotel was waking distance but you need to drive a littler. The breakfast is the best thing of the hotel. They have a very good restaurant nearby named Hershey Pantry.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Keller, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

So glad this place a coin operated washer and dryer. We really needed it after our 10 day road trip. All the workers were nice and bathrooms were larger than expected. Kind of further out from other hotels, but still close to Hershey Factory. No shuttle or anything, but parking is free at Chocolate World. Kids loved breakfast variety

• Stayed July 2013
Bangor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family has been staying here when we visit Hershey for the past 8 years. It's an affordable, nice place to stay in this area. They offer package deals and have a nice complimentary breakfast. As part of the Hilton family if you're an Honors member you can use points to stay for free. The efficiency suites are very nice and accommodate families with small children very well.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Elevator was out of service for one of my two day stay. Top floor and 91 degree days does not make for a fun walk up the stairwell. Old rooms with vague musty smell. Dated fixtures and wallpaper/carpets. Bed and sheets were comfortable so there is that as a positive. If I hadn't spent a few nights earlier in the week for much less money I may have rated this higher, but for what I was charged I'd expect much more.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed this past weekend for two nights to attend a concert at the Hershey Stadium. Normally, when in Hershey, I either stay at the Hershey Lodge or the Hershey Hotel. Both of those hotels were much better than this one. We checked in after five so the room was ready. The room was a standard Queen room but it was very small and the bathroom looked worn. The wallpaper was peeling in a few places. The hotel advertised that there was food available in the pantry to be cooked in the microwave that was available in the room. However, there were only a few cans of tuna and two cans of ravioli when we arrived. There were some frozen items but the selection and number available was limited. The best thing about the room was the oversized refrigerator. After spending a long day at Hershey Park, we arrived back at the hotel at 4:00 to shower and get ready to go to the concert. Our room had not been cleaned. The housekeeping staff did promise to come in right away and clean it but at that point four of us had to take showers. I think it is inexcusable that the room was not cleaned at 4:00. There were two elevators in the hotel that were at opposite ends of the hotel. Each time I needed the elevator (the one by the indoor pool) I had to wait for several minutes. By the end of my first day, it was out of order. Happily the second elevator was running but that also broke down on the second day. The indoor pool could have used a little sprucing up and the water fountain at the indoor pool was filthy. The best thing about this hotel was the breakfast, which was tasty and plentiful. Also, there is a very nice restaurant across the parking lot. I will not be staying in this hotel again..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lena G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Let me start off with thanking you for taking time to right a review about your stay in July. Next let me apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

In addition to the delay in my response, I am so sorry for the condition of your sleeping room. You might be pleased to know that we just hired an Executive Housekeeper; he will use your comments for future trainings on how to improve our guest experience. The malfunctioning of the elevator was reported and since been fixed.

I am pleased to say that in January of 2014 we are renovating all of our guest rooms. Should your travels bring you this way again I do hope you will give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves. Feel free to contact me directly, I will be happy to assist you with your accommodations.

Lena Goodley, CMP
Area Director of Sales
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey
Lena.goodley@hhmlp.com
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

The staff was super helpful and accommodating. The location was great...so close to Hershey Park and the Hershey Museum. Right next door to the Hershey Pantry which was highly recommended and was super delicious. We were happy with most of the accommodations! The front desk staff was super nice and and we were impressed with the staff. The only two things we didn't like we're the large amount of flies and mosquitoes (not in my room but we literally had to run in and out of the room so as not to let a bug in!) The second thing was the pool. It smelled like a chlorine party in their and way too many chemicals. On the good side, we thought the room was clean, the breakfast was good and the kids loved the nice touch of the Hershey's kisses at night!! Would visit again!

Stayed June 2013

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey? Share your experiences!