“Helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 24 hotels in Hershey
Alabama
“Helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We only stayed here one night on a long drive from AL to NH, but found the staff to be very helpful. Though the lobby was undergoing renovation (as were several other Hamptons we visited during this trip), it was orderly and the staff were very helpful in pointing out the temporary breakfast areas. During breakfast, we found a welcoming area to eat our meal in a re-vamped hotel room complete with Christmas tree. Simply a nice respite for a couple of tired travelers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Wayne A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Hi Dewdropinn!

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff! Our team certainly do have, "Hamptonality!" :)

I am glad that our hotel was a good stop for you on your journey and I hope you were able to enjoy some of the area attractions during your visit as well!

I will share your review with our team! Thanks again for staying a for taking the time to post a review!

All my best,

431 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This property has everything we have come expect in hampton inn. The lobby was welcoming the staff were gracious and the rooms comfortable and clean. it located near the main attractions and easy to find. The property is ell maintained and professionally managed. We will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hello Devlin G!

Thanks so much for your review! We really appreciate it when guests take time to write a review!

I will be sure to share your kind comments with our team! They work hard everyday to provide a home away from home for our guests and love to hear when their efforts pay off!

All my best to you and yours,

Milwaukee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I must admit I was a little disappointed in this Hampton Inn. However, I do know that I am a very picky traveller. I only stayed 1 night for business but I found my room to be dark and a little creepy. Also, the room smelled of smoke. I called the front desk and they did offer to move me or to bring over some air freshener. EVen though there was an odor, the room was clean and I was tired so I declined to switch rooms. The service was good no complaints there. The only other issue I had was that their business center is 2 computers in the Lobby and the dial up was so slow that me and my business companion decided to just get our boarding passes at the airport. Overall, I would probably not stay at this location again unless I had no other choices in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor. I did not feel safe on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Wayne A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Hello AddictedToTravel35!
Thanks so much for staying with us and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor!
I am sorry for the issues you experienced in your room however I am glad that our staff service was up to par. We will be sure to share your experience with our team in an effort to improve.

We wish you safe travels and a Happy 2013!
All My Best,
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

With relatively good reviews on tripadvisor for this hotel, I booked it for a 2 night stay while visiting Hershey. Upon arrival at the lobby, I was slightly taken aback by the extent of the renovations, the lobby didn't look too welcoming (could have been better if there were wooden partitions to block off the parts being renovated). The renovations also impacted the breakfast dining area - the selections were good, unfortunately, the dining area was too chilly, there was no sign of any heating available in the lobby (it might be a one-off occurrence though).

Despite a few niggling issues above, the room was clean and comfortable. The beds were soft, towels have a pleasant smell, and who doesn't like the availability of free wifi? The hotel has gym facilities and meeting rooms should you need them.

Overall, this is a good hotel to stay for a night or 2. I would definitely rate it even higher if not for the slight hindrance coming from the renovation works.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Wayne A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear jsjj88,

Thank you so much for staying with us! Thanks also for posting a review on Tripadvisor!

Please accept our apologies for the issues you experienced with the renovations! We try to minimize the impact of the renovations on our guests as much as possible. We will investigate the lobby heating to see if there is a problem…thank you for bringing this to our attention!

I am glad that you were able to enjoy the amenities both in the room as well as in the public areas and I hope that you were able to get to see everything you came to see in the Hershey – Harrisburg Area!

Best wishes to you and yours over the holiday season!
Director of Sales – Hampton Inn and Suites Hershey
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We stayed at the hotel after a day trip to Hershey Park, followed by a visit to the light show. Rooms were clean and neat. The lobby was under construction so I worried about how the free breakfast would be handled - but they did an excellent job. Kudos to the management. They removed all the furniture from two rooms and put out all the food, along with festive decorations and lights there, then added seating (also decorated) in an additional space. While it might have been a bit spread out, it was clean, organized, and managed in such as a way as to make it seem cozy and warm instead of weird and dusty.

long island, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because it was pet friendly. The room was a great size, we had a suite with a kitchen. We had plenty of room and didn't feel crammed. We stayed while visiting Hershey, everything was so close it was a perfect distance from all the attractions. They were doing construction in the lobby but it wasn't a nuisance at all. The rooms do need to be updated just because they are on the old side, but we'd definitely stay there again

• Stayed November 2012
Wayne A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Hello from Hershey Rxlaurenrx!

Thanks so much for your review! We always enjoy hearing about our guests’ experiences!

I am so glad the hotel worked out for you, your family! I too travel with both of my dogs so pet friendly hotels are a must for me too!

I am glad that our lobby construction did not disturb you during your stay! We are so excited about our new lobby…it is getting there that is a little messy and noisy.

I will be sure to share your experience with our team! Thanks again and have a great holiday season!

Yours in Hospitality,
Finksburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton, Hershey, PA last weekend. It was very nice and clean. Everything that you would expect from a Hampton Hotel. Breakfast had the waffle maker which was nice.
Rooms had flat screen TV's and the bed was very comfortable. We went to the Hollywood Casino in Grantville and wow, it was very convenient. The next day we spent some time at the Hershey Chocolate Factory and the wonderful Tangier Outlets. This was a very nice get away for us. It is nice that this Hampton Hotel upheld the integrity of most Hampton hotels. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is interesting in spending time in the Hershey area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Wayne A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Hello Linda M!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate the feedback!

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! I will share your experience with our team!

Have a great holiday season!

Director of Sales – Hampton Inn and Suites Hershey

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey? Share your experiences!