“Comfortable stay (if you can put up with the renovations at the lobby)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #4 of 24 hotels in Hershey
Singapore, Singapore
“Comfortable stay (if you can put up with the renovations at the lobby)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

With relatively good reviews on tripadvisor for this hotel, I booked it for a 2 night stay while visiting Hershey. Upon arrival at the lobby, I was slightly taken aback by the extent of the renovations, the lobby didn't look too welcoming (could have been better if there were wooden partitions to block off the parts being renovated). The renovations also impacted the breakfast dining area - the selections were good, unfortunately, the dining area was too chilly, there was no sign of any heating available in the lobby (it might be a one-off occurrence though).

Despite a few niggling issues above, the room was clean and comfortable. The beds were soft, towels have a pleasant smell, and who doesn't like the availability of free wifi? The hotel has gym facilities and meeting rooms should you need them.

Overall, this is a good hotel to stay for a night or 2. I would definitely rate it even higher if not for the slight hindrance coming from the renovation works.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Wayne A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear jsjj88,

Thank you so much for staying with us! Thanks also for posting a review on Tripadvisor!

Please accept our apologies for the issues you experienced with the renovations! We try to minimize the impact of the renovations on our guests as much as possible. We will investigate the lobby heating to see if there is a problem…thank you for bringing this to our attention!

I am glad that you were able to enjoy the amenities both in the room as well as in the public areas and I hope that you were able to get to see everything you came to see in the Hershey – Harrisburg Area!

Best wishes to you and yours over the holiday season!
Director of Sales – Hampton Inn and Suites Hershey

383 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We stayed at the hotel after a day trip to Hershey Park, followed by a visit to the light show. Rooms were clean and neat. The lobby was under construction so I worried about how the free breakfast would be handled - but they did an excellent job. Kudos to the management. They removed all the furniture from two rooms and put out all the food, along with festive decorations and lights there, then added seating (also decorated) in an additional space. While it might have been a bit spread out, it was clean, organized, and managed in such as a way as to make it seem cozy and warm instead of weird and dusty.

long island, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because it was pet friendly. The room was a great size, we had a suite with a kitchen. We had plenty of room and didn't feel crammed. We stayed while visiting Hershey, everything was so close it was a perfect distance from all the attractions. They were doing construction in the lobby but it wasn't a nuisance at all. The rooms do need to be updated just because they are on the old side, but we'd definitely stay there again

• Stayed November 2012
Wayne A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Hello from Hershey Rxlaurenrx!

Thanks so much for your review! We always enjoy hearing about our guests’ experiences!

I am so glad the hotel worked out for you, your family! I too travel with both of my dogs so pet friendly hotels are a must for me too!

I am glad that our lobby construction did not disturb you during your stay! We are so excited about our new lobby…it is getting there that is a little messy and noisy.

I will be sure to share your experience with our team! Thanks again and have a great holiday season!

Yours in Hospitality,
Director of Sales
Hampton Inn and Suites Hershey
Finksburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton, Hershey, PA last weekend. It was very nice and clean. Everything that you would expect from a Hampton Hotel. Breakfast had the waffle maker which was nice.
Rooms had flat screen TV's and the bed was very comfortable. We went to the Hollywood Casino in Grantville and wow, it was very convenient. The next day we spent some time at the Hershey Chocolate Factory and the wonderful Tangier Outlets. This was a very nice get away for us. It is nice that this Hampton Hotel upheld the integrity of most Hampton hotels. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is interesting in spending time in the Hershey area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Wayne A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Hello Linda M!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate the feedback!

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! I will share your experience with our team!

Have a great holiday season!

Director of Sales – Hampton Inn and Suites Hershey
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This was a tough hotel to give a rating to based on 1-5. Mainly because there were several very good things going for it in our eyes and several things that could use improvement.

First off, I will mention we stayed during a time when the lobby was being renovated and we knew about this in advance, so in no way is the review reflecting on anything that had to do with that. I actually think rates were dropped because of the work being done in the hotel as we booked a King Suite for a very reasonable price ($109+tax) in December.

Upon arrival, a friendy front desk attendant was able to get us our room 3 hours prior to normal check-in time as we had requested in advance. The attendant even made it a point to give us a room on the highest floor, away from the construction as she noticed we had 2 young children with us and it would be quietest in that area. Very thoughtful of Hampton Inn.

Other staff we came across were friendly, especially the attendant working the breakfast.

Location is superb. No more than a few minutes from Hershey Park. Couldn't have asked for a better location.

As for the room, it was cleaned well and comfortable for the most part. Some negatives we noticed were an overall "tired" look to the carpets and wallpaper. A freshening up of both in the rooms would be a big plus. Also noticed the little vent in the bathroom was caked with dirty lint and/or mold on the inside portion of the vent. To me, just another sign that the rooms could definetely be improved somewhat. The mini-kitchen was very nice in the suite and had plenty of plates/utensils/dishwashing detergent, etc.

The free breakfast was great with plenty of food choices (actually more than I've seen at some Hamptons recently). Pastry options were fresh. Real good stuff all around.

My daughter and I did use the pool while there and once again we experienced some good/bad regarding it. The pool area was neat with plenty of towels available. The water itself smelled like it was treated properly with chemicals and the temperature was very comfortable. But....I did notice a solid build-up of grime just above the water line on the pool. You could even rub/scratch it off the pool tiles with your finger. Pretty nasty and something they should look into spending some time cleaning in my opinion.

So all in all, some good and some not so good. It was a tough vote between 3/5 and 4/5 in terms of rating. I'd probably go 3.5 (a little above "average") if I could. I'd give the hotel another shot down the road, but I'd hope to see some improvements to the issues I stated above or else I'd probably look elsewhere a third time around.

Room Tip: Ask for a rear facing room. Rear facing rooms face a Golf Course, front facing face the road.
Hello Parsley9!
Thank you so much for your review! We truly appreciate the input as it helps know what we are doing right while allowing us to improve both our product and service when we fall short!

I will share your comments in our next, “Stand Up” meeting with the team so that we can celebrate what we did right and work together to correct some of the issues you experienced in your suite and in the pool area.

Thank you again for your input and have a great holiday season!
Director of Sales
Freeport, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed for the Thanksgiving weekend and were very pleased with the accommodations. We had a regular double room on the first floor. The room was very clean and we were so happy to be able to bring our dog with us. We really appreciated that their electrical outlets were upgraded so we could charge all of our devices. Our room was right next door to the laundry room that had 2 washers & 2 dryers; I did one load of laundry and was able to purchase Tide from the front desk and get my quarters for the machine without a problem. Down the hall was the courtyard and an exit to the parking lot. Unlike a previous reviewer, I found the layout to be quite easy to navigate. My kids enjoyed the indoor pool which was small, but perfect for a quick swim. The free breakfast had delicious coffee (which totally took me by surprise as I am very picky about my coffee), and a huge spread of options. On Saturday, western omelets and home fries were served. On Sunday, scrambled eggs & sausage patties were served. Other items offered both days included a variety of cereals, pastries, and breads. They also had a waffle machine. The hotel is located within a few minutes to Hershey Park and the Tanger Outlets. The reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 stars is because we did not have housekeeping come to our room until we placed a call for service around 2 PM (which they came right away after we inquired), the lighting in the room could have been better, the beds were a little too soft for my taste, and because the wake up call that we requested on the day of check-out never came through. Overall, all of the staff were extremely professional and courteous throughout our stay and we definitely will consider staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. Everything was nice including friendliness of the staff. The room was clean and beds were comfortable. The breakfast the best I've ever had. Not only did they have a great variety, everything was good. I loved the spaciousness of the lobby and eating area. I've stayed in many hotels and never seen so many tables for guests. But I found the hotel layout confusing. It's built in a Square with a courtyard in the middle. Likely this is due to the size and shape of the property. We never knew exactly where we were in regards to elevators and exit doors. Parking was also unusual with most on the side and back and not by Lobby entrance as that was close to the road. There were so many places to stay in Hershey but I was glad I chose this Hampton.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey? Share your experiences!