“Nothing special” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
Newport News, Virginia
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

I stayed here in November, just for an overnight while visiting family. It is very convenient to Hershey Park, Hershey Museum and all of the Hershey related attractions. Very convenient to Hershey theatre, only 2 or three blocks away - could have walked if it wasn't so cold. I could see some of the coasters from Hershey park from my room.

The pool and game room are tiny, but I did not use either, just observing from the outside. The beds were very comfortable, with plenty of pillows. The pillows were a little small, but I had at least five on my bed and was content. There was a mini fridge and microwave in my room along with a coffeemaker and iron/ironing board. It definately is a no thrills place. I would probably only stay here if I just needed a place to sleep. And I definately would not have paid the posted room rate of just over $200.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

I stayed here last weekend for a trip home to see my family. This is the second time I've stayed this year and I will not be back. My stay in July had me at room 201 which is right outside of the elevator and soooooo loud. This time I was again on the second floor in 249(?) which is only two doors down. Also loud. The walls do not absorb any sound.

The beds are the most uncomfortable beds I've ever slept on. They're so hard and my back has never felt worse in the morning. I'm a Wyndham cards member and they first, did not ask if I was when I checked in. Secondly, when I pointed it out, they said no discounts were available even though I just received an email 3 days prior offering me a 30% discount.

So, I paid $150 a night for a weekend stay in October. Their "off season".

Definitely will be staying somewhere else next time.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Kansas City, Missouri, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Stayed at the Days Inn for the inaugural Hershey Half Marathon. Perfect location to easily get around town and for day trips outside of town. Loved the covered parking. Front desk staff were very friendly, room was oversized, internet was fast and the large breakfast was perfect. Only complaint was that the bathtub drained really slow but maintenance promptly came on a Sunday to fix it!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
nursecass87
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

We stayed at this lovely hotel for one night and it was excellent. Our view was incredible, woke up to hot air baloons over a view of Hershey theme park, a short drive to the Hershey attractions, with free shuttle included. The breakfast was fantastic! The waffles were to die for and the Hershey syrup was a very nice touch!! I was very impressed with the room, comfortable bed, and there was keurig machine inside the room which impressed me greatly with 3 k cups also a bag of popcorn, a granola bar, and a bottle of dasani water. The bathroom was clean and very nice. Staff was friendly, check in and check out was easy. They accepted my roomsaver coupon without any difficulty. Overall a fantastic night in the sweetest place on earth. :)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Guilford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

We stayed at the Days Inn for the AACA event. Rooms are very overpriced just because of the event. Lobby was updated with a bigger and better breakfast included. Danish, tiny muffins, toast, english muffins, bagels, cereals, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit and make your own waffles. Coffee and tea available all day. Odd numbered rooms face the front of the building. Gorgeous view of the park, Hershey Hotel and Catherine Hall from our 4th floor room but very, very noisy. Luckily it was warm enough that we had the air conditioner going so it helped drown out the street noise. First morning we were awakened before 6 am by the fire alarm in the hall. Not sure why it sounded. Spoke to some people who said they tried calling the front desk but no one ever answered. The second morning we were all ready up but found it strange that the grass was being cut before 8 am. Anyone wanting to sleep in most have found it impossible. The room and the bathroon were fairly clean. There was a chip under the edge of the dresser, dustwebs in the corner by the window as well as places on the ceiling. The bathroom was clean. The microwave and refrigerator were connected together by one cord. The microwave made this ticking sound, quite annoying. Luckily we were not using the frig so we unplugged both to sleep. Not sure we would stay here again because of the 200.00 price tag per night. Location is great but that's about all.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dunellen, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

We were very very happy with the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. The location was perfectr and having the shuttle made it very easy to get to the attractions. This hotel is pet friendly and we didnt hear any barking or unruly pets. i would totally stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

Our room with two queen beds was quite roomy. It was different in that the desk was between the beds & doubled as the nightstand. There were two additional chairs. All furniture was in good condition. The sheets and towels were nice. The internet was VERY slow to connect and required calls to the service provider. Lighting was okay-not great. There was no closet-only a bar for hanging clothes. The fridge had a constant clicking noise, which made sleeping difficult.

The bathroom had thick mold on all the joints of the shower and there was mold on the ceiling. The water difuser between the tub and shower barely worked and there was more water gushed from the tub faucet than the shower. The sink was outside the bathroom, right next to the entry door-wierd. I much prefer the sink to be inside the bathroom.

If this room had been properly maintained, it would have been different but fine. There were plenty of choices for breakfast including DIY waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, pastries, cereals, bread, juice, milk, coffee/tea and of course Hershey's chocolate.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Hershey? Share your experiences!