Aftern searching the website http://www.officialpethotels.com/?source=google for a pet friendly hotel, I found the Days Inn of Hershey, PA was “pet friendly.” I only needed one night there, and booked using my AAA discount. The cost was $206, + $15.00 for the dog.
The surrounding area of the hotel was nice, the grass was green, the landscaping attractive, and the check in area was very nice. The woman who checked me in was absolutely the sweetest woman and was very very helpful! Unfortunately, I did not get her name – but you’ll know her when you talk to her! She provided us to cards for Room 396 right next to the stairs and elevators, which was OK with me, since I needed easy access in and out of the 3rd floor with the dogs. I used the stairs right next to my room, to minimize the risk of running into people and annoying them with my dogs.
When I walked into the room, I did NOT smell any animal smell, as I have read in another post (however, I am an animal owner, so maybe I am not as sensitive to animal smell as someone who does not own an animal – kind of like non-smokers and smokers.) The room was roomy and looked inviting. Your average Days Inn, nothing fancy, nothing total horrible! There was a microwave, a refrigerator, and a coffee maker. The only thing that was a little cramped was the door into the room was right next to the sink and it was hard getting in and out of if your arms were full. The bathroom was clean and roomy, and the shower was nice!
My room was in the back of the hotel, so I did not hear any road noise whatsoever. The only noise I heard were people coming and going from the other 3 rooms at the end of our hall.
The elevator was a little scary – painted a deep red – so, like I said, I just used the steps.
HOTEL THUMBS UP:
1) Nice big room, comfortable beds;
2) Game room on the 1st floor for the kids, as well as laundry room;
3) Computer in the lobby for guests;
4) Continental breakfast (with 4 toasters – not 2 as mentioned in another post), the food is covered, so no one is coughing on anything (as I read in another post) – all your basics – fruits, yogurt, bagels, muffins, French toast, syrup, milk, coffee, butter, etc.! Nice set up, I thought, and the hotel employee strived to keep items stocked;
5) An indoor pool – but I did not use the pool;
6) Ample parking, under the shade of the garage and outside;
7) Rite-Aide DIRECTLY and Conveniently right across the street;
8) Shuttle Bus ride to and from the park (I love this, you do not have to use your vehicle)!!!;
9) Fireworks Hershey Park had were visible and we watched them from the front of the hotel
HOTEL THUMBS DOWN:
1) Elevators were a little dingy and scary red – and the “Do Not Use in Case of Fire” sign had fallen off the wall on the 3rd floor elevators;
2) More toiletries in the bathroom (they just left 1 soap, 1 small bottle each of shampoo and conditioner;
3) In the “pet” friendly rooms – pay more attention to the dust ruffle (I noticed ours had what looked like a little marking from a previous pet (but since I’m a pet owner, I did not run screaming from the room – but left a note to pay attention and wash the dust ruffle;
4) Pillows were very small and too soft! I would recommend brining your favorite pillow;
5) The door opens right into the sink area (but it worked to us);
6) In the lobby, in front of the fireplace, the rug looked like it could surely be replaced – but that little blip will not cause me to not return, and
7) The garage area parking spaces were a little too small for my comfort level, so I opted for a space next to a curb outside.
So, basically, for a one or two night stay, the convenience of being close to the park, in the town of Hershey, and a drug store right across the street, it’s a nice stay. The beds were clean and comfortable, and we felt secure. If you like extravagance and elegance, and let little things bother you, I would not recommend this place – maybe the Hershey Lodge is more your taste. However, if you don’t mind little things, I would recommend you park your vehicle and enjoy Hershey Park with the free shuttle bus ride.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.