“Bed Bugs” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 24 hotels in Hershey
Nyack, New York
“Bed Bugs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

This hotel is terrible. My son and I both got bed bugs here after a touurnament. I called the hotel manager several times and they never called me back. They are infested with Bed Bugs. I wish i had reviewed these reviews before we stayed there. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

664 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks on business. Although it is a Days Inn and didn't expect much in service, I did not expect the front desk people to be lounging around in the tv room area, or to come across a homeless person Doing their laundry in the laundry room. Nor did I expect to be woken up early almost every morning by the maids yelling to one another down the hall. As for cleansliness, there was mold on the bathroom walls, stains on the blankets and rugs and stains on the door. Not acceptable!!!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

I checked into this hotel as part of a large group (probably taking up 1/3 of the hotel at least!!). Upon entering my FIRST room, I was hit by the strong smell of sewage. Yes. My room smelled like a septic tank. Not an exaggeration.

When I asked the front desk if they could move me, they looked at me like I was crazy, and they curtly slapped a new key on the desk. This room smelled much cleaner, but upon waking up the next morning, I found 2 huge bug bites on my arm. They looked like spider bites to me, which can happen anywhere, so I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. No biggie. Until I found out that 2 other members of my group had bites as well, and one of our company members who brought dogs found that after one night, they were covered in fleas.

I got to my second room to find Chinese takeout wrappers behind my bed, and a strange white plaster-like substance on my mattress (which

I woke up the 2nd morning with bites ALL OVER my ankle, arm, and both hands, and decided to move rooms one more time. When I spoke with the front desk, I was talked to like it was my fault I'd been bitten. The woman looked at me like I was speaking Martian, and finally, when I wouldn't let up, the manager came out and gave me a new room key. At this point, after coworkers had found spiders, fleas--I think one even found a worm--in their beds, a number of us checked out and moved to another hotel (Country Inn & Suites....HIGHLY RECOMMEND it!!).

The kicker, for me, was that as we were packing up the cars to drive to our new hotel, the housekeeping staff was gathered outside in the parking lot, talking very pointedly whenever I or my colleagues walked by, about how it's not their fault they have bugs, and that other hotels have them, too. One even went so far as to suggest that we brought the bugs in to THEM!

Unless you like being eaten alive by bugs, smelling raw sewage, and dealing with incompetent management and staff, DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
daysinnhershey, General Manager at Days Inn Hershey, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
We take all guest concerns seriously. We brought in an outside vendor to inspect all guest rooms and have determined that we do not have a bed bug issue. The hotel just finished installing new pillow top mattresses in all guest rooms.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011 via mobile

Our large group had five incidents of bites (multiple bites) from their stay. Many switched hotels. Giant dustbunnies around every corner, outdated rooms- scared if the bedspread.
This hotel deserves to lose their franchise.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011 via mobile

I stayed here during the state track & Field meets. The property was very clean, good breakfast and the cleaning ladies were very nice. I would recommend

• Stayed November 2011
Thank you for reviewing our property, We appreciate you choosing our location and look forward to serving you in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Let me start this off by saying that I had stayed at this Days Inn for work back in the winter of 2007 and it was fine then. Not fabulous, but fine. When I was there this year (Nov of 2011), it was horrible! Within a day of being there almost every member of our company was coughing, having horrible allergy attacks and congested. This was probably due to the piles of dust that are visible in various corners of the room - don't look behind the bed if you don't want to see what I'm talking about. But, based on how fast we all got sick, I'd venture to guess there is a mold problem here. There is definitely an unpleasant smell in the rooms. . .
My company members were not given a choice of another hotel and this one was chosen because of it's proximity to our place of business. We had seen the warnings of Bed Bugs on various websites and called ahead. Our company manager was shown a copy of a recent extermination and "bed bug free" certification. So even though it was dirty and smelled kinda bad, we thought we were in the clear. After 2 nights of being there, 3 members of our company woke up with bites all over their bodies. Some looked like spider bites, some looked like bed bug bites (in sets of 3) and others like flea bites. It should also be noted that one of company members had his dogs with him and the dogs were going crazy within an hour of being there. And, shocker, were suddenly covered with fleas.
To top all of this off, the staff (with the possible exception of a few nice housekeepers I encountered) was rude and not at all accommodating. When mail or packages arrived for people, they wouldn't notify us. When we asked to use the hotel shuttle to go to the grocery store, they said it's only used to get to Hershey Park - so they don't really have a hotel shuttle. It's ONLY to Hershey park. Then one night we asked (since we were probably half of the bookings in their hotel at that time, you'd think they would appreciate the business and give us a little leeway) to have the pool stay open even just a half hour so we could enjoy the hot tub quietly and respectfully, we got a curt NO.
Basically, these people are in the hospitality business but they aren't hospitable.
To make a long story short, a bunch of us chose to leave this property. The icing on the cake was that when we left, the woman I get the impression was the head of housekeeping or a manager on the property was very loudly walking around us talking about how "we don't have beg bugs! those people are just having allergic reactions or getting it from another hotel - they probably brought it here, etc, etc". We weren't even greeted with an apology of any kind.
Since we've left, all of us have felt better - coughs are gone, congestion is gone. AND, after we all washed ALL of our belongings (bags included), we have had no more bug bites. Curious, huh?
Just don't stay here. Don't give them the business.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

I checked into this hotel with a large group of people. We were all there because of work and it was the most convenient hotel for us to get to and from our place of business. Let me just say this: NEVER AGAIN. This hotel is sub par in every way. First and foremost, three members of our party (all in separate rooms) got bug bites while staying there. The management cared very little and offered no apology. It seemed to be a chore to them when those affected asked to be moved to another room. And worse than that they were completely unfazed - as if this were a regular occurrence! On top of that many of the rooms smelled. Several of us ended up moving to a different hotel (the Country Inn & Suites which was glorious by comparison)!!!
As a side note, a member of our party overheard the housekeeping staff saying "Every hotel has bedbugs! I don't know why these people care so much about them." These people are in the hospitality business but they are far from hospitable. If I could give zero stars I would.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Hershey? Share your experiences!