“Excellent customer service---free shuttle to the park!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
Harrisonburg, VA
“Excellent customer service---free shuttle to the park!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I chose this hotel because of reading the reviews on this site. It's always difficult to book a hotel from out of state and know if it will be to your liking. And I was not disappointed--in fact I was pleasantly surprised at the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff.

It is an older building, which shows in the bathrooms, but that is the only negative I can say for this hotel. It was very clean, the bedroom area was fairly up-to-date, and our room included a microwave and fridge/freezer that was a nice convenience.

The free breakfast had a great selection, including hard boiled eggs and make-your-own waffles. So convenient for eating early and getting to the park before the gates open.

Best of all was the free (and very friendly) shuttle to the park. Since we went to the preview night and the next day, we saved $60 from this alone! Parking for 5+ hrs is $30. The hotel even let us use the shuttle after we checked out that morning.

The location is great---walk to shopping & dining. Already planning to go back and stay at Days Inn!

Room Tip: I found that the hotel site offered the same prices as discount sites. Go for the room w/microwave...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights and we enjoyed every minute of it. The shuttle bus to Hershey Park was a bonus. We never had to wait more than 10 minutes for it to come. The rooms were big enough and clean. The pool was nice to have although a bit over chlorinated. The breakfast was the big hit with my family. Everyone loved the make your own waffles. I know one day they ran out of milk and coffee but other than that our stay was terrific.

• Stayed August 2011
Pequannock, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

My family and i stayed at the days inn july 29 to july 30 at 3.30 am we woke up with bites all over us . My six year old were pointing at the bedbugs crawling all over . it was invested. we sat in lobby till 7am and manager on duty never came up to us. the owner bob francz said its not there responsibility to approach us. i called customer service told me i would hear something in seven days its been two weeks. i have called several times nobody calls back. I will never stay at a days inn again

Room Tip: dont stay save yourself aggravation
Rochester, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights on a visit to Hershey. The hotel looks very pretty on the outside but is a bit dated inside. The staff is very helpful, friendly and cordial. The continental breakfast is typical fare and is very crowded - hard to find a place to sit - better off going to the Hershey Pantry for breakfast (very good food). Parking is convenient and there are rocking chairs and places to sit in a garden area outside which is nice. The shutle to Chocolate World and Hershey Park is very convenient and comes very often. I am not a picky person when it comes to motels - I will tolerate alot but my only complaint would be bugs in the room. There were several suspicious looking brown bugs (kind of looked like wood roaches but I'm not sure) crawling around on the bed and floor. We spotted at least 8-10 of these bugs during the 2 days we were there. When we got home, we made sure to shake out all our clothes because we didn;t know what kind of bugs they were. I am not the type of person to go crazy about bugs but there were too many of the same type of bug for comfort. That being said when we told the management about it, they said "OK, we will check into it". So, I guess we would not stay there again for that reason - other then that, it was just OK if not very overpriced for what was offered.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Cobleskill, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed at the Days Inn to go to Hershey Park and other Hershey- related activities. The clerk who checked us in was pleasant and cordial. She was even pleasant and cordial when she was clearly taking a complaint on the phone and we had a question on check out. The breakfast is one of the better continental breakfasts we've seen, that now has fresh fruit. The shuttle to Hershey Park could not have been more appreciated, and the operator was gracious and polite.
Were there hordes of children at the Days Inn Hershey Park? Yes there were. Is it the fault of the hotel that children are excited? No, it is not. The Days Inn Hershey Park is convenient, comfortable, and well worth the price.

Bayside, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

My cousins and I got the only available room for the weekend, so we shared a room between us. When we arrived, we discovered that the shower and tub faucet was broken. The maintenance guy took 90 minutes to repair it, after accusing US of breaking it, finishing the work at 1AM. That wasn't the worst part though... when we finally turned down our bed covers, we found at least 30 dead bugs between the fitted sheet & the flat sheet. It was DISGUSTING!! When we complained to the hotel manager Robert Frantz the next morning, he had THE WORST ATTITUDE, talking down to us, telling us that we already had a discount on the room, as if that were any excuse for 30 dead bugs in your bed!!!! There were about 30 more dead bugs on the windowsill, which we didn't even mention. My family and I will never stay at a Days Inn again, and as travel manager for my corporation, I will NEVER put any of my employees there. Buyer beware!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Newark, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I had recently seen all the negative reviews out there for this hotel but we were already booked and paid for so I tried to keep an open mind. Most of what I read was true. The staff was unwelcoming and not helpful (ignored my mom when she was waiting to check into her own room). My particular room was clean. I checked the sheets and mattress because of prior bedbug issues in late 2010 and both seemed clean. The mattress even seemed on the newer side. The bathroom was small, but in good condition. The floors could have used a vacuum. However, the two other parties we traveled with had to switch rooms because they were dirty (food in fridge, dirty bathroom and dirty sheets on bed). My husband even commented on how the hotel itself was not very clean. The hotel seemed and smelled old even though it was supposed to be recently renovated.

There were a few positives. 1) continental breakfast - lots of options (waffles, bagels, muffins, cereal, juice, milk etc.) 2) shuttle service - only takes 11 people at a time but it ran frequently and 3) location - right in the middle of the town. Pharmacy across street, plenty of places to eat in walking distance, really close to Hershey Park (cannot walk due to construction - too dangerous).

Next time, I am spending the extra money and staying at a hotel that I know has a better reputation so I can enjoy my stay! I never wanted to come back to our room during this vacation and I immediately washed EVERYTHING the minute we got home!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Hershey? Share your experiences!