“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Middlesex, New Jersey
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The Hotel Hershey features many great things including a pool, two slides and an adults only pool. It also has an indoor pool and hot tub. They do offer room service and the hotel is very close to the park. They have beautiful gardens and fish in little ponds. Some of the restaurants include Harvest, The Circle Room, and Trevi 5. A great option if you are visiting.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

It's rare these days to have your expectations surpassed at a hotel. The Hotel Hershey did just that. Very upscale hotel with very nice, updated rooms. Beautiful property right in the heart of it all. Staff was very nice and treated everyone like family. Would definitely recommend Hotel Hershey!

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Rockville, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

If you want to experience the friendliest service, most comfortable room, and greatest food for a weekend - Hotel Hershey is the place! Every visit I've made there, it seems to get better. A little pricey, but well worth it. There's not enough time to take advantage of all the activities both at the hotel and near bye.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Stay overnight in the cabins behind the hotel. Two queen bed and huge bathroom. Very nice, kids loved being able to open the door and play outside. Close to tennis and basketball courts.

Also looked at the common room in the middle, if you rent all four bedrooms you have access. Worth it for large family groups.

Spent the afternoon with outfitters on the rope course, third year going and the kids still love it! Erin was wonderful with the kids, very patient and helpful.

Stayed April 2015
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

You will be treated like royalty at the Hotel hershey. The hotel is clean and exceeded expectations, especially in service. The hotel provides world class service including car service to chocolate world or the nearby outlets. Make sure you try the brunch at the Circular restaurant and make sure to book a treatment at the Spa.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
new york, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband, two teenaged sons and I stayed at the Hotel for Easter weekend. We booked the Woodside Cottage, and were very pleased with the accommodation - very spacious and well-appointed room, in particular, the bathroom. Everyone we encountered at the hotel was more than pleasant and helpful. We had great meals at Circular, Harvest and the Iberian Lounge. Now for the not-so-great: on Saturday afternoon of our stay, we were all in the Park, but wanted to return about 3:30. Our 14 year old son wanted to stay by himself, and we agreed, provided he check in with us every half hour or so, and return at 5pm. He did that, and also sent us a text when he was heading to the complimentary shuttle to the hotel at 5pm. About 15 minutes later, though, my phone rang and it was him saying "Mom, something happened, but I am okay". What happened was that the Shuttle driver asked him how old he was. When he said 14, the driver told him that he had to be 15 to travel unaccompanied up to the Hotel. My son asked him "how will I get back then?" and he replied "walk". So my son began to walk. We happened to be the lobby (a big distance from our accommodation and car) waiting for him, so I ran to a staff member who could not have been more concerned and helpful. He immediately radioed the manager who was at that moment at the Harvest restaurant. The manager on duty was Mr. Josh Bucey and he came right away to see me, and I explained the situation to him. He told me that it was in fact the policy of the hotel to not allow children under 15 to ride the shuttle unaccompanied. When I asked Mr. Bucey where this policy was written, and how I'd missed it, he acknowledged that it is not written anywhere. To which I replied that it could not be a policy, if it is not communicated to the guests. During our conversation, my son walked in, no worse from the walk (about a mile, up a paved pathway and sidewalk). So while nothing bad happened, thank goodness, I still am flabbergasted by the behavior of the shuttle driver and the alleged policy. Mr. Bucey did offer us a small credit, and we accepted that. Yet we chose to stay at this (very expensive) hotel largely for the convenience (and perceived safety) of the shuttle. I have to say, it's likely the last time we will stay there. It marred what, until then, had been a very nice weekend.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Chula Vista, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I called the hotel in November to make my reservation. I told them I was coming from California and we were bringing my granddaughter as this was her dream to come to Hershey's.I made my reservation for spring break which for my granddaughter was April 6 through 12th. I asked a lot of questions about the park and they told me all about it plus other things to do there. Since November I called three different time with questions, the last call I made was around the 31st of March just asking a random question...At this time the girl helping me said well you do know the park is closed for the winter season and does not open till late April or May. You can imagine my shock I explained to them my whole reason for coming was to go to the park, that NO one in prior conversations told me the park was closed during the week. All in all I had to cancel my reservation, call the airline as well to cancel. There was a $200.00 per ticket penalty I had to pay to cancel and rapidly make a reservation for somewhere else. After days of planning this new trip I called back the hotel asked for a manager in charge and told them my delima about the $600.00 I had to pay to change to somewhere else and I felt they should reimburse me for their error. She advised me that they are all trained to advised people about the closure of the park and they would have to listen to my recorded conversation, I said that was fine with me because I know for fact no one told me, as that was the reason for our entire trip...Within 10 minutes the women called me back saying they were sorry no one told me about the closure, but they could only offer a discount the next time I come. I was so disappointed and I realize everyone makes mistakes but really!!! That's how the conversation ended with I'm sorry but that's all they can do as they have no control over what the airlines do....I just thought I'd share this with everyone, letting everyone know how they treated me and how unfair this whole situation was. We did get to go on a trip as I didn't want to disappoint my granddaughter but how unfair this was...

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to The Hotel Hershey? Share your experiences!